Table pack #35 speculation thread.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Table Pack #35 is Addams Family.

If Earthshaker is #33 and Starship Troopers is #34 then TAF has to be the next table after both are released.

In fact I'll even go further and bet The Getaway is table #36.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I've done a 180 on the Gottlieb tables as of late. I hope they add a few more. It was just a little brutal at the end of season 2, even though I'm digging some of those tables now.

Although I haven't done this with many of the Gottlieb tables there's quite a few older tables I was pretty indifferent about when released that I've now gone back and really enjoyed. Pin Bot, Dr Dude, Space Shuttle being some of them I've gone back and played a lot.

I'd still be ok with 1 Gottlieb a season but would rather see a classic EM in place of a Gottlieb if we had a choice for this season.

sedated

Oct 26, 2014
I'm not afraid to admit that I like Gottlier/Premier games. Still waiting on Cactus Jack's, Wipe Out, Operation Thunder, and Bone Busters Inc. as far as unlicensed tables go, and Rescue 911, Stargate, and Freddy for licensed ones.

No shame in admitting you like Gottlieb/Premiers. I think they're a love em or hate em. Most people go for the slick polish and bells and whistles of Williams/Bally tables. Gottlieb/Premier to me have more of an old school classic feel, low budget modesty charm and better music. I think some collectors like them because they are cheaper and more reliable than Williams/Bally as well.

Some I'd love to see on TPA (but only expecting a couple)

Cactus Jack's
Vegas
Freddy: A NIghtmare On Elm Street
Surf N Safari
Bone Busters Inc.
Deadly Weapon
Raven
Bad Girls
Spring Break
Hollywood Heat
Arena
(Don't forget) Barb Wire, Rescue 911

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Personally I'd like to see Surf N Safari, since I played that quite a bit and think it's fun. Again, the personal nostalgia bias comes into play! I also like Stargate, I played it at a show recently but it wasn't working properly.

sedated

Oct 26, 2014
I wouldn't mind some GOTTLIEB tables at this point. Anything but endless Williams tables. Change it up a little!!!

TPA has been crammed with all the most popular Williams/Bally DMD tables so far, you figure they didn't plan for the long term. After another year, literally all that will be left are lesser known tables, classic EMs and impossible licenses. Personally I like less popular tables, but I'm not the majority.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah, please hurry up and get it out of the way!

Do we really need a THIRD jack*bot table? :rolleyes:

I want it. It's as much an upgrade over Pin*Bot as Getaway is over High Speed. Totally worth having and playing.

Speaking of Getaway, it won't be #36 adjacent to TAF, they wouldn't want to burn their two best Williams DMDs right at the same time. Getaway makes more sense to close season 4 or open season 5.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I want it. It's as much an upgrade over Pin*Bot as Getaway is over High Speed. Totally worth having and playing.

Speaking of Getaway, it won't be #36 adjacent to TAF, they wouldn't want to burn their two best Williams DMDs right at the same time. Getaway makes more sense to close season 4 or open season 5.
----------------
which is why I think there will be the EM in the middle of this season. Given, your guess will be better than mine. :D

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Jack*Bot is so much more fun than Pin*Bot because of the rule set. The fact you can gamble on whether or not you'll hit a shot before the clock expires is great. I watched a guy lose his mind when he risked a 1 billion payoff, and suddenly couldn't hit the shot he'd been nailing all along. He finally got it...1 second too late.

As for Gottlieb, no more Premier crap. They were kings of the EM, so celebrate that legacy. The later stuff was them playing catch up to Williams...and failing.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Jack*Bot is so much more fun than Pin*Bot because of the rule set. The fact you can gamble on whether or not you'll hit a shot before the clock expires is great. I watched a guy lose his mind when he risked a 1 billion payoff, and suddenly couldn't hit the shot he'd been nailing all along. He finally got it...1 second too late.

As for Gottlieb, no more Premier crap. They were kings of the EM, so celebrate that legacy. The later stuff was them playing catch up to Williams...and failing.

I'd like to see a non-kickstarter Freddy release near the end of Farsight's run, kinda like Dracula was as a mid-milestone marker for the series. But that's it for Gottlieb for me in regards to license tables there.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014

I'll take "Premier crap" over a boring Jackbot game, any day of the week. Give me Elm Street, Resue 911, Wipeout, etc.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Gottleib needs to redeem themselves. The last two offerings have been atrocious in my view

Don't blame Gottlieb for LCA and EDCOG, blame Farsight for choosing them. They could've easily picked much better choices. (Wipeout, Bone Busters, Inc., Rescue 911, etc)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Don't blame Gottlieb for LCA and EDCOG, blame Farsight for choosing them. They could've easily picked much better choices. (Wipeout, Bone Busters, Inc., Rescue 911, etc)

Yeah gottlieb isn't exactly in business so they aren't actively making crap. I would be happy with the super licensed last few games. Star gate and Freddy are easily the best ss games gottlieb did. I like black hole alright but you can scrap about 98% of the rest of the 80's/90's output. Unfortunately we saw a large number of them already released.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
What was that list of tables that are confirmed NOT to be released this season, but are planned for later ones? The only one I remember is Jack*Bot.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Yeah gottlieb isn't exactly in business so they aren't actively making crap. I would be happy with the super licensed last few games. Star gate and Freddy are easily the best ss games gottlieb did. I like black hole alright but you can scrap about 98% of the rest of the 80's/90's output. Unfortunately we saw a large number of them already released.

I disagree, I think there's more than 2% of good Gottlieb/Premier games, esp from the 90's. The issue is that Farsight loves to release the bad ones. I can name at least 20 decent tables that should be in TPA, and that's without even looking at a list of all their tables. I thought Black Hole, Big Shot, C1812, and CBW were excellent choices. The rest? Not so much.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I disagree, I think there's more than 2% of good Gottlieb/Premier games, esp from the 90's. The issue is that Farsight loves to release the bad ones. I can name at least 20 decent tables that should be in TPA, and that's without even looking at a list of all their tables. I thought Black Hole, Big Shot, C1812, and CBW were excellent choices. The rest? Not so much.

This.

I remember in the early 90's when Eight Ball Deluxe was released for Mac/PC. As you exited the game, they announced two more tables coming soon-FunHouse and G-Word's Royal Flash. Also on Microsoft Pinball Collection, they had some good choices for EM tables, which were unfortunately hampered by the physics of the mid-90's. CBW sucked on that one too-but was much improved in TPA.

sedated

Oct 26, 2014

I'm ok with both LCA and El Dorado: City of Gold. The only Gottlieb table in TPA I don't like is CBW. Particular considering Farsight said they liked it more than Eight Ball Deluxe??? CBW is a gimmicky table, and a shame because it was designed by the same guy who made the superior and legendary, Bad Girls :D

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013

Everybody's opinion is different. Haunted House, which seems to get no love at all in TPA, is one of the few Gottlieb games in the IPDB solid state Top 100. (The other Gottliebs in this list are Joker Poker and Stargate. That's it.)

Gottliebs *dominate* the IPDB top 100 EM list though. (Including another machine everyone seems to hate on in TPA, Central Park, which is #7 on the EM top 100 and actually would easily make the combined top 100 too.)

Personally, I'd "agree with the lists" and release a Gottlieb EM -- preferably a 1970s one -- over any remaining solid state. (Except perhaps Freddy, but there are many Sys11s I'd rather see than that. *shrugs*)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts