Table pack #39 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Banzai Run became my first Williams pinball machine I've ever played. Still, though, it's as if Banzai is stuck to me.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I mean the backbox playfield plays like Victory, you just make the same sequence of stop-and-go shots every time. There's more to the game overall, but not a lot more.

Yeah I get the comparison you're making. Once you get to the back box the flow of the table completely stops - like it constantly does in Victory. And yeah Banzai isn't a deep table for rules either.

Still would like to see it as it's such a unique table and with 50+ tables I'd rather a few more unique ones sprinkled in than more of the standard tables.

So for me either Safecracker or Banzai would be a nice surprise at #39. Would take Roadshow above both of those though.

BPzeBanshee

Aug 5, 2014
I'd love to see Banzai Run, even if only so every table Twilight Zone's Fast Lock references is actually available to play. I'm also hoping for Krull but that's wishful thinking - seems likely to me it'll be either Ace High or something along those lines.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'd love to see Banzai Run, even if only so every table Twilight Zone's Fast Lock references is actually available to play. I'm also hoping for Krull but that's wishful thinking - seems likely to me it'll be either Ace High or something along those lines.

Even though Ace High is still listed in the SteamApps folder, I can only accept Ace High being released if Sorcerer is soon to follow. I'm not holding my breath....

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Look,the way I'm looking at this is simple - my top three most wanted tables not in TPA are:

Banzai Run
Red & Ted's Road Show
The Shadow

Since there is good speculation about any of this pins being #39 - I feel like one of my wishes will come true. Time will tell...

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Look,the way I'm looking at this is simple - my top three most wanted tables not in TPA are:

Banzai Run
Red & Ted's Road Show
The Shadow

Since there is good speculation about any of this pins being #39 - I feel like one of my wishes will come true. Time will tell...

And people say there aren't any good tables left out there.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Even though Ace High is still listed in the SteamApps folder, I can only accept Ace High being released if Sorcerer is soon to follow. I'm not holding my breath....

I am hoping and wishing that there never will be any Aces High (and I prefer to never see a Gottlieb again)! I can at best bear them, I mostly despise them and it's pretty much only Big Shot I play for fun. Actually, I kinda like Victory as well...

So, many of my most wished tables are rather impossible to remake (Dr Who, Indy, World Cup'94 etc). My wish list still includes Shadow (yeay!), Banzai Run and Mousin' around. I guess, to some extent, I have to be grateful they did WhiteWater, WhoDunnit and Dracula!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
And people say there aren't any good tables left out there.

IMO. there's no fewer than three seasons worth of good tables, and that's just the unlicensed ones.
Lots of EMs and SS tables.

I hope there will be at least that many more seasons, but I can't say for sure.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Table 38 shows Xenon now on the pinballarcade.com website under "Tables" just in case their were a few of you with any doubt. ;)

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
After watching gameplay on Xenon and after seeing a video review I'am far from impressed.

Not excited for this release best thing about this table is the (artwork) other than that extremely average gameplay.

Looks like this would be my least favorite table for this season.

I hope for a much better table next month.

Ready for hint pic and "Portal Pinball" from Zen at the end of this month.

Xenon is a pass for me. Delay away Apple.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
After watching gameplay on Xenon and after seeing a video review I'am far from impressed.

Not excited for this release best thing about this table is the (artwork) other than that extremely average gameplay.

Looks like this would be my least favorite table for this season.

I hope for a much better table next month.

Ready for hint pic and "Portal Pinball" from Zen at the end of this month.

Xenon is a pass for me. Delay away Apple.

I agree. Paragon would have been much better. I will still have to buy Xenon on multiple platforms in hopes that if it sells decently they do more older tables.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Hmm, here's hoping you just forgot to put the smiley. Hoping a release gets delayed or at the very least not caring because you don't like it doesn't seem nice towards all the thousands who DO like Xenon and are anxiously awaiting it.

For sure the early 80's pins aren't for everyone but man, I love 'em all, bring on Xenon and bring on Paragon and EBD too!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I had a quick play of Xenon at a show recently. Just a couple of games. It was interesting enough, but I didn't play long enough to get a real feel for it.

I think it's fair to say it appears to be more than just a one-shot table, but extended play of TPA's version will tell.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Very much IMHO but these types of tables are more fun to many pinball fans of the era if they are not set up for "casual play". if it's too easy, everything the table has to offer is explored within the first couple of games. I get though if it's too hard will see negative comments like "outlanes drains too much" or "SDTM monster" but c'est la vie.

I do find in season 3 and 4 Farsight have done a better job of balancing the casual/hardcore difficulty, hopefully they will with this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online