Table pack #40 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
How about No Fear: Dangerous Sports, so Steve Ritchie gets the win. I would take Rescue 911, The Shadow, or Congo, yes I want Congo to end Season 4.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I'll predict July fireworks will give way to Spirit of 76 paired with Ace High for an end of season double pack special.

karl

May 10, 2012
I still havent bought the season 4 pass so it better be something big to convince me to purchase it.
Something big or no thanks from me.

You whiner. :)

I felt a bit like you at the start of the season but it all got better along the way. Addams, Roadshow, Xenon, Jackbot are all great tables. All in all, a season on par with the last. No complaints with that from me.

Phantom, earthshaker and party zone was the only not so good tables. Can't love them all

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Congo would be a dark horse pick. ;)
I can't imagine the license would be very expensive.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Only 2 (BK2K, High Speed) in all of S3 and S4. We've already had 3 Lawlors this season (ES, TAF, R&T). Is it really going to be a 4th with Banzai Run? I don't think so.

A very valid point, but in the the past, I don't think Farsight really payed any heed to how many tables by a specific designer in a season. Because we know SYT is excited about it, that eliminates any Gottliebs, EMs and probably early SS tables. I don't think it will be a top Williams/Bally DMD because then they would be spreading themselves too thin for Season 5. Unless it is now much easier for the to get permission to change the likeness of celebrities (Like they did in TAF.). In which case The Shadow wouldn't have Alex Baldwin, Demolition Man wouldn't have Stallone. Even Dr. who might be possible. But I am still sticking to my Banzai Run guess.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
A very valid point, but in the the past, I don't think Farsight really payed any heed to how many tables by a specific designer in a season. Because we know SYT is excited about it, that eliminates any Gottliebs, EMs and probably early SS tables. I don't think it will be a top Williams/Bally DMD because then they would be spreading themselves too thin for Season 5. Unless it is now much easier for the to get permission to change the likeness of celebrities (Like they did in TAF.). In which case The Shadow wouldn't have Alex Baldwin, Demolition Man wouldn't have Stallone. Even Dr. who might be possible. But I am still sticking to my Banzai Run guess.

Good point; if SYT was excited for one Lawlor (R&T), why wouldn't he be excited about another one - Lawlor's first table - in Banzai Run - and a table with an interesting (if somewhat limited) gimmick to boot?

It probably does rule out a Gottlieb (well, a Premier, since I don't see how anyone gets excited about a 70s Gottlieb?)

I'm thinking it will be out of left-field like BSD was. Certainly The Shadow or Jurassic Park would come under that category. I don't think FS would pass up the opportunity to get those done, if they could, and especially if they had limited time to do it like they did with T2.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
You whiner. :)

I felt a bit like you at the start of the season but it all got better along the way. Addams, Roadshow, Xenon, Jackbot are all great tables, me thinks. All in all, a season on par with the last, I feel. No complaints with that from me.

Phantom, earthshaker and party zone was the only not so good tables for me. Can't love them all

I feel like they're pretty even.

I really could do without JY, HRC, WhoD, and LCA. The rest are great!

For me, season 4 has been more consistent. I've always wanted Phantom. Earthshaker I like. Jack Bot is surprisingly strong. Addams is really great. I've wanted Cyclone since the beginning, and they did a great job on it. I really enjoy Xenon more than I thought I would. Roadshow will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of the season. Party Zone and Starship Troopers aren't bad, per se, just not my faves.

One more to go!

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Well season 3 started great and finished great.Can't say that about season 4!
Anyways the quality of the tables has definately improved.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Stargate would be great but I just don't know if they could pull off that license.
F-14 would definitely make sense. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was it.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Stargate would be great but I just don't know if they could pull off that license.
F-14 would definitely make sense. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was it.

We share the same thought.
F-14 would fit perfectly for #40.
Richie / Non-DMD / (Very) Good table to end a season.

Last edited:

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
So, still being relatively new here, I have to ask, why don't they just release the information of what's being released for the season? Is this a just for fun thing or is there a deeper reason?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
So, still being relatively new here, I have to ask, why don't they just release the information of what's being released for the season? Is this a just for fun thing or is there a deeper reason?

They often have a roadmap for the entire season, but may not know what order the tables are going to be in. Also sometimes a deal or something may come along that allows them to do something they hadn't been considering before.

That said, they have advertised multiple upcoming tables in the past.

I guess they just want us folks to have fun guessing, and they like making the table hints for the newsletter!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, what Eldar said. It gives them an out should things need to be changed or circumstances prevent them from being able to do a certain table at that time. I think they also realize the fun everyone has in guessing and that keeps the conversation alive as well as let's them know what people are hoping for in the future.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I would be surprised if Farsight ever kept to their original plans for a season. Circumstances change. If they announced the full season at the start, we would have many angry fans.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Actually, taking into account Kickstarters (two in season 1, one in season 2, one in season 4) and table polls (two in Season 2, one in season 3, one in season 4), it's quite clear that even Farsight don't know what a season will consist of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts