Table pack #43 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
We need three more gottliebs. No more no less.Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy tables at thou foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall play it.

I read this and imagine that Mojo-Jojo is saying it.

But seriously, TPA can't truly be TPA without more EM's. Two is definitely not enough, especially with Spirit of 76 still out there. And a couple of Williams EM need to show up here, too. Fireball is on the very edge of being made but I'd like to see Captain Fantastic. Other Williams EM's I'd be happy with are Air Aces, Flicker (there's a non-licensed themed table identical to this, but I can't remember it), Second Hand/Dealers Choice, Wizard, etc.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
You know what? I don't care what anyone says. I like quite a lot of Gottlieb/Premier games and I want more. I don't view them as being inherently bad like some people do. I don't find them "lacking" like some people do. I get just as much enjoyment out of them as I do most Williams games. And that's my honest opinion. I'm sick of seeing all this hate for them when I've enjoyed about 90% of the ones I've played in real life.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
You know what? I don't care what anyone says. I like quite a lot of Gottlieb/Premier games and I want more. I don't view them as being inherently bad like some people do. I don't find them "lacking" like some people do. I get just as much enjoyment out of them as I do most Williams games. And that's my honest opinion. I'm sick of seeing all this hate for them when I've enjoyed about 90% of the ones I've played in real life.

+1. However, we also need A LOT more Ems in TPA. Ems are a big part of the history of pinball. In fact, the majority of all the tables ever made were EMs. So they are vastly underrepresented in TPA, even more underrepresented than Premier and Stern tables. I think that we have all of the necessary Williams/Bally DMD tables and that they could take a long break from making them, but I know that is not going to happen.

invitro

May 4, 2012
In fact, the majority of all the tables ever made were EMs. So they are vastly underrepresented in TPA,
Not every table has equal historical value. ;)

I would like to see about one EM every 20 TPA tables, if it were a well-chosen EM (like Fireball).

F-14 will be the 63rd (I think?) table in TPA. What would be the ideal number of EMs, of that 63, if you could choose which EMs they were? Or if you couldn't, and had to let Farsight choose? I think I'd go with 3 or 4.

(I guess I'm just trying to explain a viewpoint that probably most TPA players have, the ones of us that think the representation of EMs is a little low, but not drastically so. I could be convinced I'm wrong if I could believe that the overall quality of more EMs is on par with that of the Williams/Bally tables in TPA. It could be... I have played very few EMs outside of TPA and MS Pinball Arcade.)

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
One EM every 10 TPA tables would be a better ratio IMO.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
If I remember what Bobby said they will be releasing EMs again in addition to one solid state per month. I am grateful that they aren't replacing any SS with EMs because I tend to not play the EMs. To each their own! So it looks like we will start seeing table packs again sometime soon.

Count me as another that doesn't get all of the Gottlieb (SS) hate.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I guess I am a little buttsore at Farsight's omission of Ace High and Jive Time. In the 90's, I was a moderate pinball fan. I didn't even know that pinball had such a long history dating back to the 30's. When a friend told me there was a video games with recreations of old pinball machines from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's, I was intrigued. So I bought PHOF Gottlieb Collection and I was hooked. Mainly on Black Hole and Ace High. I have went to a few pinball museums with a lot of Ems since and there really are a lot more fun Ems out there as well. I particularly like OXO, Atlantis, and Royal Flush.

I just think Farsight should show more of pinball's extensive history so that people could see the job of games people played from generation to generation. And all of the cool vintage artwork. Plus sometimes you just want to hit a ball around and not worry too much about hitting specific targets (like in Jive Time where you just hit it and hope it goes in the sink hole.)

I would love if they did 10-15 Ems and early Ss in a row, but I know that isn't going to happen and I will still enjoy whatever they throw my way.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
To be fair Frankenstein has been listed in the PC Steam files for over a year now, so that doesn't automatically mean it will be the next table (after F-14). If Frankenstein is table 43 then im guessing Bone Buster will be the table 44 as i cant see FS releasing Freddy or Tales From The Crypt beside Frankenstein........that said for Halloween 2016 then they have to release 2 big tables back to back (Freddy & TFTC) and for Halloween 2017......who knows!

invitro

May 4, 2012
I particularly like OXO, Atlantis, and Royal Flush.
Atlantis is gorgeous. The other two look good to me too.

image-5.jpg

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
To be fair Frankenstein has been listed in the PC Steam files for over a year now, so that doesn't automatically mean it will be the next table (after F-14). If Frankenstein is table 43 then im guessing Bone Buster will be the table 44 as i cant see FS releasing Freddy or Tales From The Crypt beside Frankenstein........that said for Halloween 2016 then they have to release 2 big tables back to back (Freddy & TFTC) and for Halloween 2017......who knows!

If it isn't Frankenstein or Bone Busters I am not sure what it would be. Unless Farsight has a surprise coming and they have been able to secure TFTC or Freddy from the mega-empire Fox.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
So we all think it will be MS Frankenstein right!
Being Halloween and all next month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts