Table Pack #48 speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Interested to see Rescue 911. I will try to predict the next 12, quite unsuccessfully I am sure :)

49 TX Sector
50 AG Soccer

51 Paragon
52 Dr Who!!!
53 Bad Cats (sorry guys they ate the mice)
54 Swords of Fury
55 Tales from the Crypt
56 8 Ball Deluxe
57 Centigrade 37 & Ace High
58 Johnny Mnemonic
59 A.G. Garage Band
60 Vector

I like where your head is at, for the most part.

I'd be rather bummed to get Bad Cats over Mousin' Around. Mousin' is so much more fun to play, it's not even close. I do hope we get a Bally widebody like Paragon, but I'd rather it be Medusa or Embryon. Just my personal take, especially after playing at Arcade Expo.

I sure hope we get another EM pack, but have no affinity for any in particular. I have played Gottlieb's 300 a bit and that is fun, plus we need a bowling themed table.

Vector, Vector, Vector. I'm telling you people, in a room of 600 machines, that one really left an impression on me. Go download it in Visual Pinball. It's an awesome table.

So yeah, I'd take Snorzel's list over Lettuce's just because I don't want those Sega tables on his, and there was no Vector!

invitro

May 4, 2012
Interested to see Rescue 911. I will try to predict the next 12, quite unsuccessfully I am sure :)
49 TX Sector
50 AG Soccer

51 Paragon
52 Dr Who!!!
53 Bad Cats (sorry guys they ate the mice)
54 Swords of Fury
55 Tales from the Crypt
56 8 Ball Deluxe
57 Centigrade 37 & Ace High
58 Johnny Mnemonic
59 A.G. Garage Band
60 Vector

I mostly agree, but this lineup looks a little too lame to me compared with seasons 4 & 5. I'd replace Vector with another licensed WMS table. Kudos for the A.G. table. I might put a more famous unlicensed EM instead of Centigrade 37. And I don't believe the Bad Cats (or Mousin' Around) hype. I'd replace that with Rollergames or maybe an unlicensed Gottlieb DMD, or Comet, Riverboat Gambler, another licensed WMS, etc etc down the rabbit hole I go...

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I mostly agree, but this lineup looks a little too lame to me compared with seasons 4 & 5. I'd replace Vector with another licensed WMS table. Kudos for the A.G. table. I might put a more famous unlicensed EM instead of Centigrade 37. And I don't believe the Bad Cats (or Mousin' Around) hype. I'd replace that with Rollergames or maybe an unlicensed Gottlieb DMD, or Comet, Riverboat Gambler, another licensed WMS, etc etc down the rabbit hole I go...

Riverboat Gambler, and Rollergamed sound great. I think we get Party Animal before Comet if they are going completist. Whats your EM pick? Which Williams licenced table? And which DMD Gottlieb?

Surf N' Safari looks cool.

Dont think I have seen a bad suggestion in this thread yet :) lots to look forward to still

Any chance the wait for WiiU could have been for them to negotiate the Mario pins? I hope so

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Mousin Around - Not enough requests. (Although, it certainly has MY vote!)
Fathom & Seawitch (double pack) - Possible / Nowhere near enough requests.
Barracora - Has anyone ever asked for this before? lol
Independence Day - High end licensing costs / Not enough requests.
Paragon - Possible for next season.
Swords of fury - I'm predicting this for next season.
Stargate - I would LOVE for this to happen, but I think it would require a KS, which I doubt would pass.
Grand lizard - Not enough requests.
Devils dare - Not enough requests.
Godzilla - High end licensing costs / Not enough requests.

Mousin' Around is a fun table that I'd like to see in TPA. Request, request, request++

invitro

May 4, 2012
Riverboat Gambler, and Rollergamed sound great. I think we get Party Animal before Comet if they are going completist. Whats your EM pick? Which Williams licenced table? And which DMD Gottlieb?
I don't know EM's very well offhand so I'll have to look at some popularity lists before picking one. I think Fireball really dominates famous unlicensed EM's. Maybe Royal Flush? Whichever one is most-mentioned on PAF, maybe. And I want to look at the # of leaderboard entries on Fireball & EDEM before I feel good about another EM 2-pack.

WMS license... I couldn't think of one of those, offhand. I want to say not a movie license, so Corvette or Indy 500 or even Popeye... but Corv and I500 are probably really big money and Popeye has a very bad reputation. How about Flintstones? That seems to be a dead license. And Demo Man was in that kickstarter video ;).

The unlicensed DMD Premiers are Wipe Out, Gladiators, and World Challenge Soccer. I felt sure we'd be seeing at least one of those in season 5, but maybe the blowback from TOff/CBW/LCA has scared Farsight off unlicensed Premiers (I think R911 is a horrible pick but oh well). Anyway... I'd probably pick Wipe Out of these three.

Predicting is hard unless you're [MENTION=2241]Extork[/MENTION].

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
This is the lineup I'd want for Season 6:

Demolition Man
The Shadow
Johnny Mnemonic
Banzai Run
Eight Ball Deluxe
Dr. Who
Either an EM two pack w/a bowling pin ala King Pin & a top rated EM - or a SS/EM bowling two pack
(Trap is right - we are sorely missing a bowling table in TPA)
Paragon
Mousin' Around or Bad Cats
Fathom or Vector (watched the video,has my interest)

Honestly,if it goes beyond a sixth season,as I've said before elsewhere - all the Williams System 11 tables should be in TPA.

I'd be happy with most of the selections listed so far. There is a bunch of money left over from the Dr. Who KS - maybe that can be put towards a Demo Man/Shadow table if the license is within reach.

Just give me a good version of Banzai Run. That's all I ask.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Season 6 prediction? Sounds fun! Here would be my choices:

I believe we will see these:
Dr. Who (Obviously)
Eight Ball Deluxe (How has this not made it in yet?)
Paragon
EM 2 pack: Maybe Centigrade 37 and Ace High, which I saw someone else predict)
Swords of Fury
Johnny Mnemonic

For the last 4 I would like to see:
The Shadow
Fathom
Catacomb, Fire, Sorcerer or Space Station
Congo or Dirty Harry

but I believe we will get:
Gottlieb table (wish it was Stargate but I'll go with TX Sector)
possibly second Gottlieb (probably Cactus Jack or Surf N Safari)
Some Stern table from the Data East/Stern era
Bad Cats

I do believe there will be a season 7, though. I can imagine all the advance "sales" of season 6 with Dr. Who should be good incentive to continue on with the development and the new Stern app should only help generate interest and bolster sales of the core product.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I will do a season pick since, I just watched Vector on YouTube and I actually liked it. Good choice Chris (Shutyertrap), well here are mine.

49. Alvin G. Soccer
50. Tx- Sector

51. Congo
52. Mousin' Around
53. Eight Ball Deluxe
54. Dr. Who
55. EM Pack
56. Last Action Hero
57. Fire!
58. Popeye Saves The Earth
59. Vector
60. Surf N Safari
61. Baywatch

This is how I would like season 6 to go, it won't happen but I can dream. I through in the 2 EM games for you fans, and I through in Eight Ball Deluxe also, not a fan of Eight Ball Deluxe, but who knows it might grow on me.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Predicting is hard unless you're [MENTION=2241]Extork[/MENTION].

All I did was go by what everyone else was saying. Time for a season 6 prediction contest? Not before you get me that trophy though. In this thread, I've already seen a very good prediction. I think it was snorzel.

* the biggest mystery is, what's the Halloween table(s) going to be? We all would love TFTC. And I agree tha there's not enough requests for Devil's Dare, even though it's fun as hell. Bonebusters. That's the safe and easy way to go, but it's still just hard to figure out at this point

Last edited:

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Never tried my hand at predicting, but here goes....
After AG Soccer and TX-Sector...

51. Paragon
52. The Shadow
53. Fire!
54. Dr. Who
55. Centigrade 37 / Ace High
56. Tales from the Crypt
57. Banzai Run
58. Swords Of Fury
59. Eight Ball Deluxe
60. Baywatch

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Never tried my hand at predicting, but here goes....
After AG Soccer and TX-Sector...

51. Paragon
52. The Shadow
53. Fire!
54. Dr. Who
55. Centigrade 37 / Ace High
56. Tales from the Crypt
57. Banzai Run
58. Swords Of Fury
59. Eight Ball Deluxe
60. Baywatch

You had me going until you said Baywatch. It may be a great table, but can you really see that happening?

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Here's the lineup I'd like to see for S6:

Congo
Banzai Run
Swords of Fury
Dr Who
4 Million BC/any other EM
The Shadow
Medusa
Pinball Magic
Fire!
Big Bang Bar

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm gonna get my guess (okay, wishlist) in before I actually learn what's up and have to abide by NDAs!

Swords of Fury (Way fun System 11 machine)
Eightball Deluxe (I may have convinced Norman at Arcade Expo)
Pinball Magic (if they do a Capcom, it'll be this one first)
Vector (seriously people, jump on the bandwagon!)
Embryon (or any Bally wide body)
Dr Who
Rollergames (because this is the table I NEED in TPA)
Johnny Mnemonic (or The Shadow as a big but non kickstart license)
A.G. Garage Band (instead of a Gottlieb)
NBA Fastbreak (a man can dream, right?)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Eightball Deluxe (I may have convinced Norman at Arcade Expo)
Pinball Magic (if they do a Capcom, it'll be this one first)
Vector (seriously people, jump on the bandwagon!)
Embryon (or any Bally wide body)
Dr Who
Rollergames (because this is the table I NEED in TPA)
Johnny Mnemonic (or The Shadow as a big but non kickstart license)
A.G. Garage Band (instead of a Gottlieb)
NBA Fastbreak (a man can dream, right?)
I love your list, if you replaced NBAFb with Shadow, anyway :). I didn't love EBD when I played it long ago, but maybe I would now, and I definitely agree that it's time to say it really needs to be in TPA. So if you did convince FS, you da man. If Farsight can ever get the Capcom emulation working and start making them, there will be a big boost in TPA table quality. It would immediately raise that season's quality by a few notches, and I'm serious :). I hope they're actually working on it... six unlicensed DMD tables, unfamiliar to most people, all either highly thought of or rare.

One thing though... I don't want EBD and Vector AND Embryon, all at the same time, anyway. I'd want to replace Vector or Embryon with a Williams or Gottlieb from the same era (actually, I think I'd replace both with one Williams and one late-1970's Gottlieb). And I might want Pistol Poker instead of AGGB, but no biggie as long as they both happen.

emorse

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
In no particular order:

1. Doctor Who
2. Last Action Hero
3. Swords of Fury
4. Big Hurt Baseball
5. Paragon
6. Johnny Mnemonic
7. Wipe Out
8. Tales from the Crypt
9. Corvette
10. EM 2-pack

I think my list is realistic Vs a personal wish list. All of these tables are doable, and 2 of them have already been confirmed.

As for EBD, I just can't see it happening. We already have two pool themed tables, and the staff have previously said that they weren't big fans of EBD to begin with. (Which is why CBW got made over EBD. However, things could always change!)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
As for EBD, I just can't see it happening. We already have two pool themed tables, and the staff have previously said that they weren't big fans of EBD to begin with. (Which is why CBW got made over EBD. However, things could always change!)

Yes, the 'staff' said that. Just so happened to be when FarSight was renewing their WMS contract. And up until last month, one of those staff who has heavy influence hadn't ever actually played it. This is the danger of only watching videos rather than putting hands on for real.

I will say though that I put in a hands on pitch for Capcom's Breakshot, which is also a fantastic pool themed table.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'd be rather bummed to get Bad Cats over Mousin' Around. Mousin' is so much more fun to play, it's not even close.

I don't agree with that, but I also just don't get why people compare those two machines at all. They are nothing alike. Even the theme is totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online