Table Pack #49 Speculation Thread

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Big Hurt was pretty cool, I've played it before. I love the giant baseball glove that catches your ball.
3591f2.jpg

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Being from Chicago (along with the greatest pinball manufacturers), I heartily endorse this suggestion.

If they are going to do that head-to-head table they'll need to bundle it to be sure it sells, surely?

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
1. Rarity (Goin' Nuts, anyone?)

2. Bobby REALLY loves Sports themed tables.

This was a table that absolutely nobody has ever asked for.

Nobody asked for A.G. Soccer. But people did request a head to head mode with both players playing simultaneously. Since they said they can only implement it with players taking turns, they decided to do A.G. Soccer-Ball as a way to enable simultaneous play.

Personally, I don't care about head-to-head mode at all. I will probably never play it. But if I did play it, I would not want to play a game like Twilight Zone where I would have to wait a few hours for it to be my turn, so I can see where they are coming from.

It sucks, but we're getting A.G. Soccer. Hopefully they will package it with something awesome like Ace High, Jive Time, or Sorcerer, but I wouldn't hold my breath as implementing a head-to-head mode is probably enough work and they probably won't have time to do two tables.

emorse

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Nobody asked for A.G. Soccer. But people did request a head to head mode with both players playing simultaneously. Since they said they can only implement it with players taking turns, they decided to do A.G. Soccer-Ball as a way to enable simultaneous play.

Personally, I don't care about head-to-head mode at all. I will probably never play it. But if I did play it, I would not want to play a game like Twilight Zone where I would have to wait a few hours for it to be my turn, so I can see where they are coming from.

It sucks, but we're getting A.G. Soccer. Hopefully they will package it with something awesome like Ace High, Jive Time, or Sorcerer, but I wouldn't hold my breath as implementing a head-to-head mode is probably enough work and they probably won't have time to do two tables.

Oh, I know it's coming, I was just stating how nobody wanted it and it had never even been requested. This isn't the first time that Farsight has done a table that nobody wanted. lol

As for being paired with another table, like Sorcerer, I highly doubt it. (Sadly)

invitro

May 4, 2012
I might be. I could be. I am! Holy cow! I miss ol' Harrrrrry!

Yep. A few years after this game (1988-1990), I was a Cubs junkie and watched lots of their games on WGN with Harry Caray and Steve Stone. My favorite Cubs were Mike Bielecki, Dwight Smith, Greg Maddux, Paul Assenmacher, Mark Grace, Jeff Pico, Doug Dascenzo, Joe Girardi, Hector Villanueva, etc., etc...

I played Triple Play in a tournament in about 1995 and remember liking it a lot, and that the scoring was interesting.

I remember Big Hurt being fun, but probably a level behind Stargate. Big Hurt doesn't feature the White Sox or MLB, so the only license belongs to is recent Hall of Famer Frank Thomas. It doesn't seem likely to me but who knows, Frank is not a household name as some other sports guys in pinball are, like Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal. I also remember it being a big deal when Kevin Martin picked Big Hurt as the #3 table of the huge pinball year of 1995.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Table Pack #49 Speculation

Since #48 is Rescue 911 (which is releasing this evening), let's starting guessing what 49 will be:

So far we've had 6 DMD's, an Alphanumeric and an EM 2-pack. I'm thinking we're due for an SS table, so I'll guess Paragon.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Since #48 is Rescue 911 (which is releasing this evening), let's starting guessing what 49 will be:

So far we've had 6 DMD's, an Alphanumeric and an EM 2-pack. I'm thinking we're due for an SS table, so I'll guess Paragon.

We've had back-to-back Williams titles before, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for Gottlieb.

If so, then TX-Sector.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It's going to be A.G. Soccer Ball or TX-Sector, the last of the two "leaked" tables for Season 5.

By thinking like this and setting myself up for disappointment, I'll be pleasantly surprised this evening when I get the newsletter and the hint points at it being something entirely different.

Oh, and this is a duplicate thread, the original is here, so maybe this thread should be closed and merged with the original, hmm?

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Guys. It's Last Action Hero.

- "Last" hoagie
- "Action" burger
- "Hero" = sub

Boom.

You know...you may be right. I was blanking on how to tie that image into A.G. Soccer or TX-Sector. Guess they wanted to surprise us.

Yeah pretty clearly Last Action Hero. Which is a nice surprise. Really had a lot of fun playing it the few times I've gotten to. The multiball on this one is pretty frantic and there's a lot to do on the table it self.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
You know...you may be right. I was blanking on how to tie that image into A.G. Soccer or TX-Sector. Guess they wanted to surprise us.

Well, all of those meal items are popular with soccer players.

It's AG Soccer. Let's go ahead and get this non-pinball "pinball" machine one out of the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.