Table Pack #49 Speculation Thread

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yup, agreed. They really need to make it part of this game; it's such a great table.

I hope this Sony deal is still going.

Maybe they could do another deal. Hook and Robocop don't look like they would need additional licenses other than the Sony one.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
The weird thing about LAH is that it has one scoring method that is virtually impossible in TPA--I've failed every time I've tried one.

If you somehow manage to do a death save, the DMD shows the Grim Reaper (Death) and you get three million points.

I really, really hope this is not a Table/Wizard Goal.

I can't wait for Last Action Hero. Finally, a Data East DMD game. Seems pretty fun. Also, I heard this death save scoring is also in Rocky and Bullwinkle.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
So it's Last Action Hero
Wasn't expecting that next
So this is the last Sony table that was part of the deal right?

I'm thinking there going to do Johnny Nmemonic next season, and there's a possibility for Close Encounters of the Third Kind EM. There's also maybe a possibility of Godzilla, but that's probably it then.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I don't get the love for Jurassic Park outside of the theme. Every JP i've played has been a drain monster and the table has terrible flow, IMO. Never been a fan.

Rocky and Bullwinkle is definitely the best Data East. There's a good number of their tables I would prioritize over JP.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I don't get the love for Jurassic Park outside of the theme. Every JP i've played has been a drain monster and the table has terrible flow, IMO. Never been a fan.

Rocky and Bullwinkle is definitely the best Data East. There's a good number of their tables I would prioritize over JP.

JP has the same blueprint layout as Addams family. So the flow can't be too bad. But I certainly don't enjoy playing it as much as TAF.

Congo needs to happen - it is an amazing pin based on a bad movie - perfect fodder for TPA

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I'm thinking there going to do Johnny Nmemonic next season, and there's a possibility for Close Encounters of the Third Kind EM. There's also maybe a possibility of Godzilla, but that's probably it then.

I forgot also Charlie's Angels and Hook. Maybe we could see Charlie's Angels and Close Encounters of the Third Kind in an EM two pack, but it might just be one or the other with some other EM, and Hook is going to probably come in season 7, unless they release Hook in season 6 instead of Johnny Nmemonic.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
JP has the same blueprint layout as Addams family. So the flow can't be too bad. But I certainly don't enjoy playing it as much as TAF.

Congo needs to happen - it is an amazing pin based on a bad movie - perfect fodder for TPA

Disagree about flow. Yeah, the underlying blueprint might be very close, but object placement plays a big factor, as do subtle shifts in angles. As Ian Malcom would tell you himself, tiny variations can lead to big changes. They should have called the table "Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory."

Do love me some Congo, that's a very fun game.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
JP has the same blueprint layout as Whirlwind. So the flow can't be too bad. But I certainly don't enjoy playing it as much as TAF.

Fixed that for you.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

Jurassic Park has one of the best (and most difficult) multiballs ever. It also has a fantastic sound package. I'll agree that art-wise it's a bit lacking, outside of multiball the gameplay is a mashup of TAF and Whirlwind, and the toys keep breaking (especially T-Rex). But as Data Easts of that era goes, it's easily the standout table.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I've probably played at least 5 different JP tables, including one with an awesome new T-Rex toy, but I've just never enjoyed my time on any of them. I know people like the game, I just can't get a feel for it.

Edit: oh yes, I see the comparison to Whirlwind more clearly. But I like Whirlwind, must be that Lawlor touch...

invitro

May 4, 2012
But as Data Easts of that era goes, it's easily the standout table.
Maybe, I'm not sure it's all that much better than LAH, but I don't remember either well, although I played both a ton. Anyway, being the best DE of its era isn't any big deal. Let's say its era is all DE DMD's until Tales from the Crypt, which I think several people put as starting a new period. That includes: Checkpoint, TMNT, Batman, Star Trek, Hook, LW3, Star Wars, R&B, JP, and LAH. Ho hum.

If you say its era is all DE DMD's, well it's not the top any more... JP is blown away by Tommy, and maybe by TFTC, Maverick, and GNR, probably not WWF.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Maybe, I'm not sure it's all that much better than LAH, but I don't remember either well, although I played both a ton. Anyway, being the best DE of its era isn't any big deal. Let's say its era is all DE DMD's until Tales from the Crypt, which I think several people put as starting a new period. That includes: Checkpoint, TMNT, Batman, Star Trek, Hook, LW3, Star Wars, R&B, JP, and LAH. Ho hum.

If you say its era is all DE DMD's, well it's not the top any more... JP is blown away by Tommy, and maybe by TFTC, Maverick, and GNR, probably not WWF.

I would say R&B is the best DE, honestly.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I looked into my crystal ball ( empty XXXX bottle)Season 6 will be a great Season,and SPA will be an absolute bloody eye opener !!! :cool:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Last Action Hero! This is a pretty stellar season. look forward to picking it up when the season pass option becomes available on ios.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Wow...

These hints keep getting easier.

I think last action hero is a good as confirmed.

I would prefer Jurassic Park as well. If you think it has bad flow it was not set up right. In good condition at factory slope it's a blast.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.