Table Pack #55 Speculation (October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
Strange Science would have also been a contender. I never played it, but think the artwork looks great. And it is very Halloween themed.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I've never played this table. As usual when it comes to Gottliebs, there is a lot of hate for it. Is it more because of he disappointment for not getting Tales or is this really such a bad table? Rating on ipdb.org is 7.1, which is close to Victory (7.0). But then Lights, camera, action has a rating of 7.5 and I consider LCA to be way inferior to Victory.

So, Gottlieb friends and haters, where would you see Bone Busters within the TPA Gottliebs?

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
It all boils down to money and the fact that Tales From The Crypt is being revived so licensing becomes much more expensive.

Gary

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Wow, I just saw two consecutive mentions of Devil's Dare. It's good to see it's starting to get some traction on the boards.

I seem to be drifting towards the older machines lately. The only two DMD tables I still want in TPA are DM and BBB. Even the old mid-80's Data East ones would be cool to have (TM, LW, TA). MNF would probably be a KS table as it's Disney property (they own ESPN, sadly).

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
I have to agree on Devil's Dare. It not only played better, but it looks so damn cool too. Medusa would have been a great one too.

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
Hate to say "I told you so," but I called it in the last speculation thread.

1. As we went seasons 3 and 4 with only one Gottleib/Premier between them, it's time to play the catch-up game with those (hence less likely to be a Bally or Williams)
2. Aside from the licensing issues, TftC is a Data East game, which puts it under the Stern umbrella (hence it would be more likely released under SPA than here).
3. While Freddy is another Gottlieb/Premier, when faced with the decision of "fairly liked table with moderate licensing fees" vs. "almost universally-despised table, yet with virtually no licensing fees required", from a business standpoint, the correct choice is painfully obvious.

But in truth, it feels like Class of 1812 all over again.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Can someone dig up anything about the WMS license re-negotiation that affected the back end of Season 2? That was before I discovered TPA so I wasn't on the forums then.

Did that re-negotiation actually include a set number of tables that they could do, or was it open-ended? I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the new deal was open-ended with no restrictions on the number of tables. But there was the whole Fish Tales/Sorcerer thing? Who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Anyway... regarding availability of tables, Farsight did recently announce that they're in partnership with the Arcade Expo folks in Banning - right at the foot of the mountain Big Bear Lake is on - to get a loan of tables they want to digitize. So I imagine they'd be able to get their hands on almost anything, since they have over 700 pins to hand.

As for TftC, yes, that's a DE which comes under the Stern umbrella and I get the feeling that any future DE/Sega/Sterns will all be in SPA. That said we did just get LAH at the end of S5, so again, who knows what's going on?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Can someone dig up anything about the WMS license re-negotiation that affected the back end of Season 2? That was before I discovered TPA so I wasn't on the forums then.

Did that re-negotiation actually include a set number of tables that they could do, or was it open-ended? I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the new deal was open-ended with no restrictions on the number of tables. But there was the whole Fish Tales/Sorcerer thing? Who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Anyway... regarding availability of tables, Farsight did recently announce that they're in partnership with the Arcade Expo folks in Banning - right at the foot of the mountain Big Bear Lake is on - to get a loan of tables they want to digitize. So I imagine they'd be able to get their hands on almost anything, since they have over 700 pins to hand.

As for TftC, yes, that's a DE which comes under the Stern umbrella and I get the feeling that any future DE/Sega/Sterns will all be in SPA. That said we did just get LAH at the end of S5, so again, who knows what's going on?

Regarding Sterns in TPA:
@pm1109: Will older stern tables still make it to Pinball Arcade or are they all exclusively for Stern Arcade now.

It's still possible that we will release older stern tables to pinball arcade.

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
But in truth, it feels like Class of 1812 all over again.[/QUOTE]

That is possibly the worst table in the entire game. Is BoneBusters a clone of it?

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
That is possibly the worst table in the entire game. Is BoneBusters a clone of it?

In terms of theme, yes (i.e. "wacky monster" theme that doesn't do it nearly as well as, say, the Elvira tables or Monster Bash). The gameplay's also pretty mediocre (though I wouldn't go as far as to say it's Co1812 bad... just nothing to write home about).

After three good-to-excellent Halloween tables in a row (BSD, Addams, and Frank), to say that this one was a major letdown would be a huge understatement.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
In terms of theme, yes (i.e. "wacky monster" theme that doesn't do it nearly as well as, say, the Elvira tables or Monster Bash). The gameplay's also pretty mediocre (though I wouldn't go as far as to say it's Co1812 bad... just nothing to write home about).

After three good-to-excellent Halloween tables in a row (BSD, Addams, and Frank), to say that this one was a major letdown would be a huge understatement.
------------
Sure...their are better tables, but FS can change a few things to get this table being great. It easily has been done before. The last Bot table is an example. Dark Knight 2000 is another. :)

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014

Addams wasn't a Halloween table, though. It was released in February 2015. And Frankie is pretty weak, IMO. I don't hate it but I don't love it.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Addams wasn't a Halloween table, though. It was released in February 2015. And Frankie is pretty weak, IMO. I don't hate it but I don't love it.

BSD and Frankie (I'll take the former anyday) both had very unforgiving wizard goals in TPA, with the latter being much worse. Sadly, we were all hoping for TFTC and would've gladly settled for Freddy.

I still believe my two-pack suggestion (DD and Sorcerer) would've been the best option. Nevertheless, I'll go along with the decision and hope for RG, BR, and hopefully a couple of Capcom pinballs for the rest of the season.

But I hope FarSight gets BB and A.G. Soccer out of their system soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.