Table Pack #57 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Maybe we will get Deadly Weapon to go along with Bone Busters. Two licensing rip-offs in one season!

Or, if we are really lucky, we'll get Bad Girls!

Well, we already did get the game that inspired BG this season-Eight Ball Deluxe. So that's our pool theme for season 6.

I hope we aren't resigned to just Gottlieb/Premier the rest of the season. But I agree with Elder's choice!

What about Raven? A license rip-off if ever there was such a thing.

Maybe they'll announce a "Big House" kickstarter! :p

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
What I wish for is Banzai Run.

What we actually get will either be an Alvin G table or another Gottlieb Premier.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I'll stick with my NBA Fast Break guess. Banzai Run would fit this season, but we already got an auto racing-themed table.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
and? bigger company have bigger expenses, so their kickstarter should be bigger too

Comparing an AAA developer against an Indie developer studio is not really fair. Plus the market for a basketball sports game is a lot bigger than a pinball game with a NBA license attached.

That being said, I'm sure the license cost for 2K is much higher than it would be for FarSight.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Comparing an AAA developer against an Indie developer studio is not really fair. Plus the market for a basketball sports game is a lot bigger than a pinball game with a NBA license attached.

That being said, I'm sure the license cost for 2K is much higher than it would be for FarSight.

NBA 2K fan here (yes, really).

Unlike with the NFL, the NBA license is not exclusive.

It just seems such by default because EA's NBA Live series kept shooting itself in the foot. And the shin. And the kneecap. Maybe it'll get the femur next.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I cant remember 2K opened kickstarter to make their NBA games

2K is a division of Take-Two (a huge company).

Based on the past Kickstarters it sounds like the licensing costs for the brand, actor/athlete likeness, music, and voice actors are separate costs each with their own price negotiation. Fast Break has a lot of those various elements that could come in to play in driving up license costs. And who knows if the NBA would give them the time of day.

They also can't just sell it for $60 and expect it to sell millions of copies like 2K did for the NBA 2K games. Even at a premium price of $10 people would lose their **** here.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
Zen is AAA developer too? (but yeah comparing to FS may be. lol) or may be they make not a pinball game? - but they release star wars, marvel, and alot of other popular IP tables and i cant remember their kickstarters too.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
I know it sounds strange, but getting a license to re-release something (like TPA does) is often much more expensive than making a new game based on the license. (in some cases at least)

Anyway, It does not matter who does it and who does not. What Farsight has said times over, is that if they have to come up with ca 50 000 or more on a title, they will loose money on doing that title and they can't do that. Remember they also need to give Williams a cut.

It's pretty pointless to keep bringing up other companies. It is what it is. Sometimes they get lucky and get a license for a good price, but I seem to remember that NBA has been mentioned before as a title that would not be easy for them (but don't quote me on that)

There is always hope :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts