Table Pack #57 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Zen is AAA developer too? (but yeah comparing to FS may be. lol) or may be they make not a pinball game? - but they release star wars, marvel, and alot of other popular IP tables and i cant remember their kickstarters too.

You have a point here, but on the other hand Zen doesn't have to buy the real table, doesn't have to pay license cost to the pinball manufacturer and they are pretty free with what they do in terms of voice acting and likenesses of people being shown on a table, as well as music.

Would it be impossible? I don't know. But I still think it's difficult to compare Zen's situation with FarSight's.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
You have a point here, but on the other hand Zen doesn't have to buy the real table, doesn't have to pay license cost to the pinball manufacturer and they are pretty free with what they do in terms of voice acting and likenesses of people being shown on a table, as well as music.
Would it be impossible? I don't know. But I still think it's difficult to compare Zen's situation with FarSight's.
but you forgot to mention fact what Zens tables are MUCH more expansive in production because they have a lot of art, animations, music and sounds, what they must create on their own, and not just license and scan/photo/paste.
and a lot of the tables they bought, fs already sold, so they got their money back. and that is not even mentioning what they can just loan tables in many different ways.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
well no it wasnt purely a guess im pretty sure zen themselves have stated they have some form of partnership with microsoft

if im wrong ahhh well sos yer face

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
and a lot of the tables they bought, fs already sold, so they got their money back. and that is not even mentioning what they can just loan tables in many different ways.

As far as I am aware FarSight doesn't sell their tables any more.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I am hoping for one of the following three possibilities:
Rollergames
Banzai Run
Pinball Magic

We will probably get one of the following:
Car Hop
Vegas
Hoops

The only three premiers I still want to see in TPA
Freddy
Surf N' Safari
Stargate

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
and as we had hear recently they also have established good relations with some PB museum near them which can help with source material for digitizing.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I know this is supposed to be speculation for Table pack #57, but Centigrade 37 and Jacks Open have showed up in my Steam Achievements.
Jacks Open is the surprise IMO-I thought the second table was going to be Ace High.

This table pack seems to be a good redeemer for Bone Busters. Nice break from Thanksgiving leftovers too.

弹珠台

Jul 8, 2016
I know this is supposed to be speculation for Table pack #57, but Centigrade 37 and Jacks Open have showed up in my Steam Achievements.
Jacks Open is the surprise IMO-I thought the second table was going to be Ace High.

This table pack seems to be a good redeemer for Bone Busters. Nice break from Thanksgiving leftovers too.
Table pack #57 will is 2 in 1?:p

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
zen i think is owned by mircosoft "showing the money"always helps

Microsoft publishes PBFX2 for Zen on Steam and Xbone. The game is known on Playstation as Zen 2, and that is not published by Microsoft. So yes to partnership, no to ownership. Same as Crave didn't own FarSight.

They have not sold a table since Pinball Arcade started. They sold off all their tables after PHOF: Williams Collection and then smacked their heads when they had to buy them all back, for significantly more, when they decided to do TPA. What they have done with some of their tables is put 'em in a bar or two up there in Big Bear.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
They have not sold a table since Pinball Arcade started. They sold off all their tables after PHOF: Williams Collection and then smacked their heads when they had to buy them all back, for significantly more, when they decided to do TPA. What they have done with some of their tables is put 'em in a bar or two up there in Big Bear.

That's exactly what I remember you told me a while ago.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
but you forgot to mention fact what Zens tables are MUCH more expansive in production because they have a lot of art, animations, music and sounds, what they must create on their own, and not just license and scan/photo/paste.

The prcoess for Zen is vastly different than the process for FS and involves a largely different set of talents.

I don't really know how licensing works but I assume that it's a whole different ball of wax for what Zen does.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I meant that making something look and feel as close to the real thing as possible is a challenge and a skill that takes up a lot of the development process. Zen does not need to worry about their tables being compared to real-world counterparts.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i dont wanna hit karowru Cefi heh but farsight seems to have a highturn around at times so possibly different teams 1to 3 people handle the artwork at different times or different areas to train and help educate new recurits. some may take those skills and leave but the "best of" tables you speak of are probably made by the vertrans who know the quriks of the engine almost as well as the programmers

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I want Paragon and Congo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope there's at least one more season, and that FarSight has re-negotiated the WMS license. If both are true, hopefully we'll see both.
While the Gottliebs in this upcoming 2-pack look great in the trailer (they did make great EMs IMO), I've got a bad feeling we'll see a glut or Premiers, and not the ones I would be happy to see.

I'm beginning to hope #57 will be A.G. Soccer. In fact, from here on, I'll hope that for every table pack until we get it, just so we can get that sh(I know, I know watch your mouth!) out of the way.

Almost typed a dirty word, now my momma's gonna wash my hands with soap.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
lol if theirs not a bally/williams at least bimonthly people are like noooooo, id be pretty shocked if william is taken of the menu it just seems like another round of show me the money gerry relax ....

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
this month is first time when tpa get 2 packs without DMD in a row, so nothing is cut in the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts