Table Pack #65 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
The problem I'm seeing with Demolition Man is that there are 7 different buttons on the cabinet. Here's a list:

Launch Ball
Normal Flipper Buttons (2)
Gun Grip Flippers (2)
Gun Grip Cryo Claws (2)

That might be a nightmare to map. I see the possibility of moving the Launch Ball button over to the right Gun Grip Cryo-Claw, and the flippers might have a 2nd flipper button mapped to them from the Gun Grip.

That leaves the button on top of the left, which releases the ball on the Cryo-claw. I might see a 2nd Launch button map, but having a 3rd will sound like a bad time.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. It's a great-playing game. I'm just not sure what they're going to do should they decide to pursue DM.

Yeah after I posted that, I remembered all the different controls on it, mobile people would have fun trying to play that, could maybe see controllers able to handle it. Watching this tutorial, guy mentions you don't even have to use the gun grip flippers if you don't want to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HyWKU6YwxY

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
A Simpsons kickstarter will never happen. Rupert Murdoch ain't cheap!
Neither Demolition Man nor StarGate will happen either. The licenses just aren't popular enough, even though I loved Demolition Man pinball and StarGate is Premier's best table IMO.

I just think given that some people go months, even years before having access to kickstarter tables they've supported and FarSight unable to support both TPA and SPA, that FarSight can ever again host a successful kickstarter.

In my opinion, since people are seeing just how FarSight whiffed at getting SPA out and lack of support for it, and the continuing introduction of bugs into TPA with each release (crashed during twitchstream LOL!!!!), they will rethink supporting any kickstarter FarSight enters.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Is Stargate really something that would require a Kickstarter? The only things I can think of that would need licensed would be the theme, James Spader's voicework, and I guess the music as well since it's mostly based off the movie soundtrack. The likenesses of James Spader and Kurt Russel could easily be avoided by just removing the stickers from the ramps, which I'd be totally fine with. The only other thing I can think of is if either of the two guards who appear on the DMD are also actor likenesses or not.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Huh, I didn't get the newsletter. Can you guys post the hint, please? Man, if it's really World Cup Soccer, it's gonna be seriously awesome! I'm excited.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
august_2007_hint.gif

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
The spinning thing does make sense tho, unless there's something spinning-related in World Challenge Soccer I'm not aware of.

I hope they're not going to crush our dreams again.

Burdette25159

Nov 1, 2015
If it's that over World Cup Soccer that would suck.

Really didn't think they would be able to pull WCS off with the license requirement but if so that is awesome. Such a fun table.
If World Cup Soccer was the Blockbuster, then World Soccer Challenge was it's pinball equivalent of a Asylum knockoff.

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
I agree, I keep saying The Shadow as well. There are so many great pins still to come.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
World Challenge Soccer did not have a spinning soccer ball. Striker Xtreme is a Stern game. And the forums were abuzz with A.G. Soccer ball for the longest time.
Of these three, Striker Xtreme was the best, and it deserves a place in SPA, being that it was the first Stern Pinball machine of 2000.

But if it is, in fact, World Cup, that's the one I'm hoping for. Isn't "Mr. Boomshakalaka" the announcer in this one too?

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Yipee...Looks like we will be getting a half decent table next month finally :)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Somebody said in another thread that somebody posted prior to the newsletter that the next table will either be Firepower 2, World Cup Soccer, or Fathom. Since Firepower 2 is such a random table (and he was actually correct), I'm thinking that Farsight somehow managed to get the rights to do World Cup Soccer and that will be next.

Guess we know what 66 probably is too.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Somebody said in another thread that somebody posted prior to the newsletter that the next table will either be Firepower 2, World Cup Soccer, or Fathom. Since Firepower 2 is such a random table (and he was actually correct), I'm thinking that Farsight somehow managed to get the rights to do World Cup Soccer and that will be next.

Huh, how did that person know all of this, do we have another leak in our hands? What thread is that from?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.