Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

May 10, 2012
I said I wasn't gonna go for the 400 Tier but I caved in and went for it anyway. This kickstarter is so close and really needs every little push it can get. I actually think we're gonna make it, something I did not dare to even think about when this campaign started. Less than 10 000 left.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I said I wasn't gonna go for the 400 Tier but I caved in and went for it anyway. This kickstarter is so close and really needs every little push it can get. I actually think we're gonna make it, something I did not dare to even think about when this campaign started. Less than 10 000 left.

Same here. In the end we just couldn't resist!

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Just received this email from FS for the KS....

We would like to clarify that due to kickstarter.com guidelines, our project is no longer associated with nor able to endorse any contest being run by TheTerminatorFans.com.

The $75 level awards are:
• Terminator 2: Judgment Day pinball table on any four platforms of your choice.
• Your name listed as a Silver backer in the game credits.
• An exclusive Terminator 2: Judgment Day Pinball wallpaper for the device of your choice.
• An exclusive Terminator 2: Judgment Day edition virtual pinball (which can be used on any of the tables in the Pinball Arcade!)
• Special Pro version of the Terminator 2: Judgment Day pinball table including access to the table operator’s menu on a single platform of your choice.
• Entry into the exclusive Pinball Arcade Supporters Tournament where the winner will get a very cool T2 collectable and the top 20% will all win a Season Two Pro Pack on the platform of their choice.

Our apologies for any confusion.

With your help we're now over 80% of the way to funding this project! Thank you for all of your support!

LOL god could this KS campaign get any worse, what a epic fail

Redrazorback64

Jun 3, 2013
I thought that worked out pretty well actually. The contest is still going on to my knowledge. Farsight just can't endorse it on Kickstarter, yet they have not one, but two updates talking about it lol.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

We would like to clarify that due to kickstarter.com guidelines, our project is no longer associated with nor able to endorse any contest being run by TheTerminatorFans.com.

• Terminator 2: Judgment Day pinball table on any four platforms of your choice.
• An exclusive Terminator 2: Judgment Day Pinball wallpaper for the device of your choice.
• An exclusive Terminator 2: Judgment Day edition virtual pinball (which can be used on any of the tables in the Pinball Arcade!)
• Special Pro version of the Terminator 2: Judgment Day pinball table including access to the table operator’s menu on a single platform of your choice.
• Entry into the exclusive Pinball Arcade Supporters Tournament where the winner will get a very cool T2 collectable and the top 20% will all win a Season Two Pro Pack on the platform of their choice.

With your help we're now over 80% of the way to funding this project! Thank you for all of your support!

It's not that big of a deal. You can still enter your pledge at that website to be eligible for the Season Pack giveaway with a $75 and up donation.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
No, epic fail would have been the kickstarter succeeding and then getting voided because of a project guideline violation. This update was actually a nice death save, if anything.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

FS had to distance themselves from the raffle since it is being run illegally. Kickstarter has been getting a lot of attention from local DAs in NYC and other areas so they have to make sure they are not associated with any illegal activities such as unlicensed raffles.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Oh thats not too bad then, least the tier is still there for the KS. Just worried KS might decided to pull all the funding that was gained using that competition

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
Having backed both previous kickstarters and bought every table pack on PS3 and Ipad i have now backed this project as well even though i am not a massive fan of T2 .. and being in the uk i had already bought both TZ pro and STTNG pro before i got my codes because i couldn't be bothered to wait weeks ..
I really hope this project succeeds because in my opinion if it doesn't it will have a detrimental effect on the pinball arcade in the future ..
In short if it does fail i know it wasn't down to me .. get this done people because if we don't we ALL lose out in the long run ..

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I'm indifferent. Plenty of great tables in the pipeline if T2 doesn't make it.

There's likely to be less (if any) kickstarters for future expensive licenses if it fails, though. They made it fairly clear that they are going for a Addams Family one, which would be huge.
Indiana Jones LOTR are obviously not very likely, but it would be awesome if it were possible. Personally I'd hope to see a Stern Spider-Man on TPA. Such a great table.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
There's likely to be less (if any) kickstarters for future expensive licenses if it fails, though. They made it fairly clear that they are going for a Addams Family one, which would be huge.
Indiana Jones LOTR are obviously not very likely, but it would be awesome if it were possible. Personally I'd hope to see a Stern Spider-Man on TPA. Such a great table.

I thought it was made extremely clear that an Addams Family table would NEVER happen because the Julia estate not wanting any part of it.

Anyway, II said it before.. AFP is way overrated and we don't need yet another monster/macabre table. Addams Family no, Yellow animated cartoon family... HELL YES!!!

large.jpg

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I agree Simpsons (or Family Guy) need to happen to broaden the Pinball Arcade audience.

However both games are important to Pinball Arcade. Getting Addams Family will get Farsight pretty much the rest of the hardcore pinball community to take notice (if they haven't already). It's the highest selling, most popular, most requested, biggest pin of all time regardless of your opinion, Spoon.

However Simpsons would be just as big, because it would bring in new customers who don't know the first thing about Pinball. And that would be cool.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
-edited: not trying to get into OT discussions-

Back on topic:

9,500 dollars. 5 days. Let's do this!

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
GOAL REACHED!!!

Someone just donated $9,500.

:cool:

I had to look at it about 5 times before my brain registered what my eyes saw!

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I thought it was made extremely clear that an Addams Family table would NEVER happen because the Julia estate not wanting any part of it.

That was never confirmed. To the best of my knowledge it was actually confirmed that the Julia estate blocking things was nothing but baseless speculation by overzealous fans. I believe it started after finding quotes where the Julia family and perhaps Raul Julia himself stated that they wouldn't want his image used for any posthumous endorsements or anything along those lines. Remember that at the time he died, there were lots of commercials using old stock footage from movies and such, and having the actors interact with modern scenarios or present-day people. Apparently it was this type of thing the family was against, not renewing the ability to use his likeness for something he took part of while he was alive.

Last edited:

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013
One 9500 level 3 only for the private virtual tournament. 1 backer just put it over. Hoping that does not get yanked last minute else it could ruin this. Hope people keep going! Big nods like that both excite and scare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.