Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I have a quick question though regarding the logistics of lump sums. Suppose someone has an undisclosed sum of money in the bank that they wish to donate/contribute to a specific cause, but the amount exceeds their current credit limit so they cannot use their default credit card. Also suppose they either do not have a debit card associated with the bank account, or the amount exceeds their daily withdrawal limit. For instance, most debit cards are associated with checking and not savings accounts. Normally in such an scenario, you would simply write a check, however such payment method may not work properly with Kickstarter/Amazon Payments. What would a person in this situation do if they wanted to contribute?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
this bogus pledge worries me - could be someone testing the water for pledging and then withdrawing to wreck the campaign.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
This Kickstarter is never gonna succeed. Can't FarSight do anything right? OMG I hate them so much!!!

Oh... and I can't wait for the next table pack! Even if it means I have to stop destroying Centaur for a while. :D

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I doubt it. I think just about everyone knows that you can cancel a pledge before a campaign has funded.
Not on the final day, if you canceling your pledge would take it below the goal line. Once there are only 24 hours left, if a campaign even so much as touches the goal, it's locked in.

I would have died laughing if that bogus pledger had gone in for $9500 on the final day and then discovered he couldn't back out.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Exactly...as long as a Kickstarter project is at or hits 100% during the the final 24hrs, the project will succeed.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Still though, cancelling pledges at the last hour or worse, cancelling your card so they can't charge to it, would be a pretty douche move in my opinion.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Not on the final day, if you canceling your pledge would take it below the goal line. Once there are only 24 hours left, if a campaign even so much as touches the goal, it's locked in.

I would have died laughing if that bogus pledger had gone in for $9500 on the final day and then discovered he couldn't back out.

Right, but what I meant was that I doubt someone was just trying to make that pledge now and "test" to make sure he could cancel it. He already knew what he was doing before he started goofing around.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
There's more activity in the $400 tier now that we're getting closer to the end.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
What a crappy thing to do (the $9500) pledge. The level of jackassery on the internet never ceases to amaze me. To go through the trouble of pledging just to see people's reactions when you pull it - unbelievable.

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
What a crappy thing to do (the $9500) pledge. The level of jackassery on the internet never ceases to amaze me. To go through the trouble of pledging just to see people's reactions when you pull it - unbelievable.

More pathetic than the people that pledged $1 just to whine about FS in the comments section.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Well, it seems that no one has pledged over $500, so if someone else does withdraw their pledge, they would have to do it at least a day in advance, which is more than enough time to make it back. We had a strong day today and I am feeling quite optimistic that this will succeed.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I see that Ben Heck is backing the kickstarter. He just made a comment. Hopefully he will put in on blast on his social media.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
That's just like those scumbags that see a rare game on Ebay only to bid it up to $20,000 and then retract their bid. A week later, the seller relists it. That's grade-A douchebaggery if you ask me. If you don't want to fund a kickstarter, don't pledge. If you don't want to buy an item, don't bid.

N

netizen

Ben Heck raises the sort of questions that we, here on the forum, have asked and had answered but probably aren't common knowledge for the majority of TPA players. Hopefully with the new website design, FarSight begins to export some of the info from QnA's etc here into some sort of a FAQ re: future table requests and the why and how some tables are just not feasible at present, the potential timeline on development re: emulation and existing technologies etc. I refer, of course, to the request for BBB and Capcom emulation issues that have been shared, among other things, but those little pieces of knowledge are scattered here and there amongst interviews and comments that it really needs to be compiled at some point.

Otherwise, it will be the same questions in waves as new people come to the game, and players discover other machines that haven't been digitized by FarSight yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.