Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I agree with you Sotie but, I recommend relaxing. It's not worth stressing over. You've done what you can do, and you've been doing a great job. The Kickstarter is healthy. Trust me you'll see a big push at the end and right now it's doing decently.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
The Kickstarter is healthy. Trust me you'll see a big push at the end and right now it's doing decently.
So you assume there's lots of people sitting around waiting until the end of the campaign to see if it gets close enough before they pledge? I noticed the previous two Farsight Kickstarters only made marginally over their initial goals.

Nothing like Ouya with nearly 10 times the initial goal. Just imagine if Farsight could secure the funds to license ten tables! ;)

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I've been in a few kickstarters that only made it over the line in the last few hours - very few go and blow past the limit I've found.

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
I agree with you Sotie but, I recommend relaxing. It's not worth stressing over. You've done what you can do, and you've been doing a great job. The Kickstarter is healthy. Trust me you'll see a big push at the end and right now it's doing decently.

I wouldn't exactly be saying that it's "healthy" when it's coming off it's worst day of fundraising. As I said Farsight has to do some updates when it gets to crunch time to push it up over the top. Say what you will about the Pro Pinball Kickstarter with the $400K goal, but at least Silverball did their best near the end with the "Pinball Needs You" campaign to try to get it over the mark. I'd like to see that sort of effort from Farsight as we get closer to 7/21.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Lots of people here and in the ks page saying we need stretch goals...

Well on Twilight Zone, Star Trek was the stretch goal. This whole "We'd like to pursue" language on Addams Family is not cutting the mustard. If they come out and say yes, if this is successful Addams is next 100% then they will not fail.

AF is out of the question and they would probably have to raise $150k if it were even a possibility, but its kind of a moot point since they already said it won't happen... They've just been teasing with it lately to keep interest up.

Personally I'm a bit burned out on monster macabre pinball (Elvira, Monter Bash, Scared Stiff, Creature from the Black Lagoon).
If they made the stretch goal The Simpsons Pinball (double pack) I would donate a large sum!

I have no doubt this would be funded in record time.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I do think that there are other properties like the Simpsons that will still be viable as a Kickstarter even if T2 fails. It might not have been good timing to do the T2 Kickstarter but with the licensing window closing, it was now or never. I also think that Adams Family might be made at some point. The fact that the license holder hasn't agreed to talk about it is not a good sign. On the other hand if they have not yet spoken then they haven't said no either. :D I don't think $150k is unattainable as a Kickstarter either for that one license.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Farsight just added a new tier to the kick starter. For 400 you get beta access to all future tables not just t2.

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
New $400 reward tier:

It looks like we're going to come very close to raising the $59,000 we need for the Terminator 2 licenses, so we've decided to do something we've never done before- open up access to our Beta Tester program to our Kickstarter Backers! We've created a new Reward tier that will make you an official Pinball Arcade Beta Tester with early access to ALL future table packs (not just Terminator 2!) You can help us make these tables better by reporting bugs and suggesting tuning improvements, and you will credited as a Beta Tester in all future table credits. Your input can have a substantial impact on the game!

This is an incredible Reward (and we can only offer a limited number of them), so please consider raising your pledge to help us meet our goal! Together we can get this table made!

Edit: beat me to it!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
They've also just sent updates for the TZ and ST:TNG kickstarters asking those backers to support T2. It can't hurt, I suppose.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
It's definitely from the 400 tier. 6 new backers at that level in the past hour. My self included.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Doesn't the 400 tier kinda shoot them in the foot? It means that backers of this kickstarter are unlikely to back another kickstarter in the future if they already have a good chunk of money invested.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Of course it's from the new $400 tier...that was the whole point of adding it. This tier alone will account for $20,000 of the entire funding needed for this project after all 50 slots are spoken for.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Doesn't the 400 tier kinda shoot them in the foot? It means that backers of this kickstarter are unlikely to back another kickstarter in the future if they already have a good chunk of money invested.
While I see your point, I would guess that most of the current beta testers are backers for T2 at some level. It's hard to be involved on a monthly basis and not feel the need to support the cause...maybe not at the multiple-hundreds level, but in some way.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I am considering backing the Beta-tester tier. :)
Both contributing to T2 and become a beta-tester. Win - Win situation :)

N

netizen

I'm curious how this new $400 level will impact the current beta cycle :/

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm curious how this new $400 level will impact the current beta cycle :/
It takes a while to set up new testers. Table Pack #16's beta cycle would likely be unaffected, with new testers being added for Table Pack #17.

I'm all for it personally. Many times a new beta build arrives and I'm busy with work and can't give it the attention it deserves. Having more hands on deck can only be beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts