Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoX

May 3, 2013
Sadly, I think this will be the first table that won't make it... Only 7 days left and approx. $14.000 to add.

C'mon people! It's time to increase the amounts or we will lose this great table probably forever!

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Many people, having previously pledged $X and now faced with a project that has almost but not quite succeeded, will pledge some higher amount $Y rather than see the project fail. They'd rather have only pledged $X, and if the project was a runaway success they would have stayed at $X.

The reasons behind this vary with each backer, but not wanting to feel responsible for a failed project ("if only we had pledged a little more") probably has a lot to do with it.

That is accurate for me, I don't care about any of the rewards. I care to get T2 to TPA. :)

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I haven't tried this yet, but can't you pledge $20 and select the $18 tier that includes the pro version? I would much rather have 1 pro version rather than 2 standard versions, but I'll round up the extra $2 anyways.
I started with a $10 bid, but upped it to $20 and selected the $18 tier. It's really all I can afford atm. I prefer to support them by actually buying their products rather than a donation. BTW, I'm not really that interested in T2, but I'm afraid if the current kickstarter is not met, it will make it harder for future projects to succeed, like TAF or Simpsons. BTW, I love the Simpsons franchise. Matt Groening (Simpsons creator) is an awesome guy and if it were up to him, he would okay the Simpsons Pinball Party in a heartbeat. Sadly, it's the executives that control the content, not the creator. I would pull some strings and pitch $100 for a Simpsons table, even it if was already 300% past it's goal. Then they could buy Southpark of Family Guy with the leftover revenues! ;)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
The average is 2,000$ per day. We need 2,000$ a day all 7 days to make it.

The boost from the 400$ tier that created two 5,000+ days is spent though. Officially spent. That means it either needs to pick up to 2,000$ a day or it needs to do around 1,000$ a day with the last two days being big.

Either way I think we can do it. Stay strong everyone.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
They could certainly use a little refresh of the tiers. Add tiers with more than one pro-mode table. Maybe add a few 'catch-up' tiers like I've seen suggested where you can get a season as a reward or another table of your choice.

They really just need to keep updating with a little incentive, here or a little friendly push there to keep it in people's minds over the last 7 days.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Great idea. I already have the season 1 pass ($30) the pro version is ($40) I would pledge $20 for the upgrade

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
If we have one week longer we gonne make it easy. I think we wont get to the finishline in time now.

That would be the biggest let down in kickstarter history.

Is an extension for a few days possible when you are really close?

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
If we have one week longer we gonne make it easy. I think we wont get to the finishline in time now.

Ha ha.

I read somewhere that a project missed its goal by $20 and that project didn't see a cent. None. Zip. Nada. So an extension is a pipe dream.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Ha ha.

I read somewhere that a project missed its goal by $20 and that project didn't see a cent. None. Zip. Nada. So an extension is a pipe dream.
That would suck big time. I'm petty sure if it gets that critically close, then Farsight can dump some of it's own money into the campaign to push it over the top, if that's even permitted.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

No, extensions are not possible. Somehow I feel that if this doesn't make it it's not going to be the biggest Kickstarter let down.

I played T2 at CA Extreme today. I forgot how fun this table is.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
That would suck big time. I'm petty sure if it gets that critically close, then Farsight can dump some of it's own money into the campaign to push it over the top, if that's even permitted.

A company is expressly forbidden from contributing to its own kick starter. People working there however...

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
There are workarounds. For instance, wire X amount of money to a trusted "friend" who is not associated with the company, then said "friend" can make a fat contribution.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
It's kinda how the Torment: Tides of whatever game got funded, the guy had lots of rich friends who dug into their pockets and funded the company within a day. Everything after that was just preorders.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
A company is expressly forbidden from contributing to its own kick starter. People working there however...

im fairly sure that, this is what will happen. this kickstarter feels like a vanity project.

Last edited:

GUSHandGO

Feb 3, 2013

I have a friend in a band who did a Kickstarter. Near the end, they got a surge and their project was funded. I asked him about it and he said that the individual band members kicked in some money toward the end (as individuals, not as the band) because they didn't want to lose all the money that fans had contributed. If it's close, there is no way in hell Farsight will let it fail by a paltry sum and lose all the pledges AND potential revenue from table sales.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I am waiting until the last day. I contributed $100 to each of the others but only want to contribute $10 this time if I must.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
If it were an american stuck in another country because they lost thier passport Id totally contribute but after getting duped countless times on PS3 I just cant sorry. :p

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Looks like a sure thing, they are too close to fail!

Just need 500 people donate $25 each; 55 people a day; 2.3 per hour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts