The 12 Days of Christmas:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
We could get Scared Stiff uncensored ala Pro Mode. Also,some of the tables with "suggestive" artwork,like Embryon could be in the mix...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Day 11 was just posted on Facebook:

“Time to get excited pinball fans! There are a number of tables we haven't been able to bring to Pinball Arcade because of some explicit themes. We are working on a 'Pinball After Dark' app with more mature themed tables. The new app will also include the online head to head feature to keep things exciting in 2014!”

Gonna be tough to top this one. Tomorrow must be a doozie.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
What do they mean by "mature" does that mean tables like South Park and Family Guy, or do they mean something lame like the Stern Playboy table?

I think mature will be defined as anything that would be rated higher than E 10+ by the ESRB. That's TPA's current rating.

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013
I think mature will be defined as anything that would be rated higher than E 10+ by the ESRB. That's TPA's current rating.

Yeah, but were pinball tables ever rated in this way? According to the ESRB definition:

MATURE
Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.

ADULTS ONLY
Content suitable only for adults ages 18 and up. May include prolonged scenes of intense violence, graphic sexual content and/or gambling with real currency.

I don't know, but it seems to me that all pinball tables could never be rated as M+ by current ESRB video game standards. I don't know of any pinball tables that have shown graphic violence or contain actual sex scenes. AFAIK actual pinball tables such as Family Guy are not rated as Mature, and as such they don't have any restrictions that would say they could only be placed in adults only environments. In my experience pinball tables have no such restrictions.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Yeah, but were pinball tables ever rated in this way? According to the ESRB definition:

MATURE
Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.

ADULTS ONLY
Content suitable only for adults ages 18 and up. May include prolonged scenes of intense violence, graphic sexual content and/or gambling with real currency.

I don't know, but it seems to me that all pinball tables could never be rated as M+ by current ESRB video game standards. I don't know of any pinball tables that have shown graphic violence or contain actual sex scenes. AFAIK actual pinball tables such as Family Guy are not rated as Mature and can only be placed in adults only environments.

That's not what I said. I said anything that would be rated over E 10+ by the ESRB not rated M by the ESRB. TPA is currently rated E 10+ by the ESRB and FarSight wants to keep that rating. Any table that would be rated higher than E would push their rating over. FarSight is using the term "mature" loosely and not in a strict ESRB definition.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I'm interested to see what comes of this, I wasn't aware that there were this many adult themed tables. I hope they integrate it into TPA or something though.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Dolly Parton everyone!! =D
good news. but its interesting how release shedule of tables for new app will affect shedule of original TPA

Last edited:

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I'll check some of those tables on youtube.
I had no idea there were "adult" pinball or even "not suitable for children" pinball.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Am I the only one that doesn't see the point or need for FS to release ANOTHER pinball app when they already have one. Why not just have a 'After Dark' section in their current app.....just simply to make it more stream line, be a pain having to close 1 pinball app to load another pinball app from the same company just because the game you want to play isn't available in one of the apps.

Zen Pinball did this with their Marvel tables to start off with, but they later decided that it was a bad idea and combined the 2 apps together so all the table were in the 1 app/list. This just seems a poor idea to me and completely unnecessary to me!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Am I the only one that doesn't see the point or need for FS to release ANOTHER pinball app when they already have one. Why not just have a 'After Dark' section in their current app.....just simply to make it more stream line, be a pain having to close 1 pinball app to load another pinball app from the same company just because the game you want to play isn't available in one of the apps.

Zen Pinball did this with their Marvel tables to start off with, but they later decided that it was a bad idea and combined the 2 apps together so all the table were in the 1 app/list. This just seems a poor idea to me and completely unnecessary to me!

Because that would change the age rating of Pinball Arcade to a Teen or Mature rating depending on what tables they do. I'd be curious as to which table they start with. If they're going for a Mature rating right away with an uncensored Stern Playboy or Sopranos or a Teen rating with something like Whoa Nellie. I don't even know if you can change an age rating once the game comes out. If it starts as a teen rating can it be changed to Mature?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Hey. Maybe FarSight started the Big Lebowski Pinball campaign and this original table will be their first in the After Dark series. Probably not, but that would be intersting. Bobby did say they wanted to do original designs.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
We could get Scared Stiff uncensored ala Pro Mode. Also,some of the tables with "suggestive" artwork,like Embryon could be in the mix...

A rerun of Scared Stiff would tick some people off that dropped cash on the pro mode to turn off family mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts