The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
I'd be happy to throw money at them if they fixed the problems with older tables, and added in the features they promised for the PC version (dx11 and cab support). Currently I refuse to give them another cent for ANYTHING until they've delivered on these previous promises. I'd actually LOVE to see this Kickstarter fail. Maybe then they'd get the idea that we're not happy with the way they're running things.

Araxen

Mar 21, 2012
I won't be backing this one. I still haven't gotten the WiiU version of ST:TNG and T2 tables due to no WiiU version being released at all so basically I've been screwed out of those tables. Plus add to the fact non-backers got the tables first.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I can see what Rich is talking about. If it was only a $5 pledge to get the table, then I'm guessing Rich would be a backer. Isn't that what you're saying Rich? I've always thought of Kickbacking as a way of determining if a product could sell enough to take the chance to produce, therefore you offer your product at the price it would cost at retail. Extras are then included to add value to the higher pledges.

But, what if... $7 IS going to be the retail price of TAF?

The whole point of this KS is to raise extra fund to create the table, the table wouldn't be possible if they sold it the usual way and charge the usual price. Them asking $5 in the KS tier to actual get the table wouldn't cover any extra costs for the license so there would be no point in them doing the KS. They need the extra funds to create the table, hence the first tier to actual get a table is $10.

The only other way around would be not to have a KS at all and just charge a premium rate for the table, again probably $10 but then FS aren't guaranteed the sales to cover the cost, so really the KS is the only way

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I'd be happy to throw money at them if they fixed the problems with older tables, and added in the features they promised for the PC version (dx11 and cab support). Currently I refuse to give them another cent for ANYTHING until they've delivered on these previous promises. I'd actually LOVE to see this Kickstarter fail. Maybe then they'd get the idea that we're not happy with the way they're running things.
Loving to see it fail is just childish and if most people were not happy with the way they are running things they would be out of business.

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
Childish? To be angry at promises not delivered on isn't childish, it's childish to keep giving money to a company that doesn't deliver on its promises...

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Childish is what this thread has turned into.

Yup. Nonetheless, just like I said with the T2 Kickstarter (which had much more despair) it WILL succeed. FarSight will make sure it does. Too much money is riding on it. It's business and people's jobs that are at stake. Not just a game. If it doesn't, I'll quit this forum and go on with spending hours scrubbing the rust off a coin door and pin legs because I'm too poor to buy new ones. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Just fair warning...while I understand that there are some that are upset with FarSight for one reason or another and that they refuse to participate in this (or any of FarSight's future Kickstarters), I kindly ask that those same people please refrain from posting in threads you have no intention of contributing to other than spamming the thread with negativity. Please be considerate of your fellow forum members who actually do support FarSight in their efforts and not ruin the experience for them. If anyone has a serious problem with FarSight, then I suggest you take issue with them directly and not take your frustrations out on a "Fans" forum.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yup. Nonetheless, just like I said with the T2 Kickstarter (which had much more despair) it WILL succeed. FarSight will make sure it does. Too much money is riding on it. It's business and people's jobs that are at stake. Not just a game. If it doesn't, I'll quit this forum and go on with spending hours scrubbing the rust off a coin door and pin legs because I'm too poor to buy new ones. :)

You're fixing up classics and saving them from the scrap heap. That's saintly work. Maybe you should have a kickstarter? :)

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I'm guessing Farsight probably have some stretch goals planned for if it goes above and beyond a regular kickstarter, but I'm getting the feeling that they just want this to just hit the target so they can stop clenching and start relaxing.

I'm fully expecting it to hit the target, but only just.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I hope people post information about this kickstarter on different forums.
That's what I will do.The more people know about it the better.
Really hope we get a stretch goal to entice people to pledge more.

Just went over 34k

Around 15k more to reach the half way mark :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Would be nice if one of the rewards had a season 4 pass included.

They'd have to introduce a new tier for that - look in the comments and there's a reply from @Farsight that basically says they can't change the wording of a reward once someone's backed the Kickstarter at that level.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Loving to see it fail is just childish and if most people were not happy with the way they are running things they would be out of business.

I agree his comment was childish, but on the other hand, there's A LOT of people who are beyond tired of all the empty promises throughout the years. (From the Xbox nightmare, to the endless delays, to the bugs that are still present, to the Wii, etc etc etc) I can understand the anger, but wanting them to fail is stupid. They are doing what nobody else is, and it's the only way people can get a pinball machine without having to spend thousands of dollars, let alone trying just to find one they want.

The good thing is that, at least lately, Farsight has gotten a little bit better about the above stuff mentioned. I'm glad that xbox users will finally be able to get back in the game, it's certainly been a long time coming.

If color DMD is one of those then that would be nice.

Sadly, that's not going to happen. They've previously discussed why, in great lengths.

It would be nice if any extra money went to TSPP. :cool:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts