The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014
In for gold. It's a silly amount to pay, but it's what I can do to help ensure that it happens, and even if I add $100 to the $90 or so that I've spent on 3 seasons, I'm still getting a massive bargain for my entertainment dollar when I do the math. Per Steam - 365 hours played and counting.

And if the idea of gold becoming available to purchase for less down the road bothers you, well just wait for your name to roll by in the credits and smile at the really expensive pixels that nobody else will be able to have. Frankly, my level of enjoyment will be in no way affected by someone else's ability to play a game regardless of any difference in price paid.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yep, i'll do it after my salary come, end of month, i'm sure we're a couple like me ;)

Kickstarters don't actually TAKE the money until they're 100% funded. Depending on your chosen card, there may be an amount reserved/blocked for the duration of the KS, but it never leaves your account or gets credited until collection day comes.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Hopefully Farsight keeps trying to build on their momentum and announces a stretch goal table in the next day or two.

Personally at this point i'd rather not have Christopher Llyod and Pugsly's inclusion be stretch goals. They had their shot. Very surprised on Lloyd, considering how much he's whored out Doc Brown over the years. I say let's move on. I'd rather another lesser licensed table like Congo or the Shadow be lobbed in as a stretch goal.

If you want EM's go play Zaccaria Pinball. The new physics update is awesome. They might not all be true EM's, but you'll get that feel.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Where did they say "if ever again at all". I've never seen that.

They've explained countless times why there haven't been any EM's and why there probably won't be any anytime soon. That being said, my last comment was more directed at the fact that who knows how long they're going to keep making tables? Ya never know, but what we do know is that, at this point, they're done with the EMs.

I'd give up on the EM pipedream, you're just breaking your own heart. lol

If you want EM's go play Zaccaria Pinball. The new physics update is awesome. They might not all be true EM's, but you'll get that feel.

Amen!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
42k already...not too shabby.

I threw out a wild prediction of about 50k in the first 72 hours which this actually came pretty close. I think it would have been achievable with some better promotion in advance of the actual start time instead of pulling the trigger and later sending out the newsletter and facebook post, not to mention having the iOS version come out. There should not be any issue with the end goal as long as they keep updates coming, clarify some of the questions that have come out about the game and promote it via game updates and on enthusiast websites.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I threw out a wild prediction of about 50k in the first 72 hours which this actually came pretty close. I think it would have been achievable with some better promotion in advance of the actual start time instead of pulling the trigger and later sending out the newsletter and facebook post, not to mention having the iOS version come out. There should not be any issue with the end goal as long as they keep updates coming, clarify some of the questions that have come out about the game and promote it via game updates and on enthusiast websites.

It would REALLY help if they announced some stretch goals.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
...and what would the stretch be? Based on the fact that FarSight rolled the surplus from the T2 kickstarter into this one, I get the impression that any amounts above-and-beyond would be banked against securing future property licenses.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
You don't generally want to announce stretch goals until your main goal is met, or at least until meeting it is a forgone conclusion. Any earlier tends to get interpreted as arrogance.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
You don't generally want to announce stretch goals until your main goal is met, or at least until meeting it is a forgone conclusion. Any earlier tends to get interpreted as arrogance.

I think with Twilight Zone they could have met the stretch goal of ST:TNG if it had been incorporated to the original plan. If they don't have something in mind that is a level of awesome worthy of being paired with Addams Family they should wait until they are at least about 75% of the way if not further. I hope we get this funding in place so we can hear what the goals are. I am very excited to find out.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
They just announced in the comments that they made a Instagram account named "pinball_arcade."

Hoepfully they use it as a place to add more pictures of tables prior to release and another outlet for clues along with promoting the kickstarter.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I think with Twilight Zone they could have met the stretch goal of ST:TNG if it had been incorporated to the original plan. If they don't have something in mind that is a level of awesome worthy of being paired with Addams Family they should wait until they are at least about 75% of the way if not further. I hope we get this funding in place so we can hear what the goals are. I am very excited to find out.

+1

That's why I think they'd match it with another highly sought after table, but low end popularity Paramount film like CONGO. POPEYE SAVES THE EARTH might be interesting too.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
+1

That's why I think they'd match it with another highly sought after table, but low end popularity Paramount film like CONGO. POPEYE SAVES THE EARTH might be interesting too.

Congo would be a dream come true. That's easily one of my most wanted tables of questionable likelihood. I bring it up during every twitchcast and give anyone a like who mentions it on Facebook. I think it's importance can't be underestimated since it has a playfield that is clearly influential on Tron which is very fun and not likely to happen.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
They just announced in the comments that they made a Instagram account named "pinball_arcade."

I've been asking them to do that for a while, even asked them again in the last Twitch Feed. I'm glad they finally made one. :)

Congo would be a dream come true. That's easily one of my most wanted tables of questionable likelihood. I bring it up during every twitchcast and give anyone a like who mentions it on Facebook. I think it's importance can't be underestimated since it has a playfield that is clearly influential on Tron which is very fun and not likely to happen.

I don't think I've ever played that one. I remember seeing it a few times in person, but always passing it up because of how terrible the movie was.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.