The Addams Family - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
How much will i need to donate to get in on the tuning? i WILL back this one.

SOme simple tuning onfo. alist of shots, with difficulty and danger factor.

Shots from mini flipper

1) swamp. difficult, and dangerous if missed. but thing should be able to hit it 95%
2) let it pass. this is also dangerous and can cause a bounce off the divider right into the outlane. a well times hodl and relase will deflect it into the inner inlane.
3) rebound off G-R and into the swamp. similar difficulty to shooting the swamp directly.

Shots from upper flipper.

1) train wreck. easy as rudy, but dangerous when hit. power drains down the left outlane are typical. it's called the train wreck for a reason. randomzed bounce off standups is needed here.
2) side ramp. this should be easier then the whirlwind side ramp, but not that much. it's a lot safer to aim for
3) hit cousin It. easy shot, but unpredictable on the rebound.
4) trick shot off of rubber above IT and into the open vault. hard, but not really that dangerous.
5) trick bounce up the thing ramp. harder then the other trick shot but about as safe.
6) closed vault. easy to do, but dangerous.

SHots from lower right flipper.

1) backhand the open vault. super difficult from a trap, impossible on the fly. but it CAN be done.
2) shoot bear kick. nearly impossible on the fly because you won't usually get enough momentum, but doable from a trap. attempting the on the fly shot is very dangerous, and can drain SDTM if it fails to climb the ramp.
3) shoot thing ramp. hard from a trap, but very easy following a bear kick. misses can deflect into train wreck.
4) cousin it. easier to graze it when NOT trapped. pretty safe.
5) electric chair. easier from a trap, but doable either way, very dangerous if bricked.
6) shot through the bumpers. difficult, but needs to be doable after a bear kick for combos.
7) GRAVE targets. danger, will robinson.

Shots for lower right flipper.

1) Chair. EASY from a trap, not so easy on the fly. still dangerous if you miss, but missing is much less common.
2) bear kick ramp. EASY and safe to go for. sweet spot is center of flipper.
3) open vault. nearly impossible from a trap, and hard on the fly. hittable by one timing it off the electric chair.
4) right orbit. easy to aim for, but unsafe if you hit it.
5) swamp kickout. very hard, its a tip of the flipper shot.
6) GRAVE targets, don't do it man... grave=death

Swamp and chair kickout should be dead bounceable, but if you want the game hard, a trap after shouldn't be guaranteed.
You should send this to Farsight for future reference.

I really hope if it's TAF that they spend a good amount of time recreating it and do a better job than TZ in regards to difficulty.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
It's Bram Stoker's Dracula. It turns out that it requires a kickstarter after all. :p

Brett Carlson

Sep 24, 2013
I would be shocked if it was TAF especially when they were asking a few months ago what table besides that one would you like to see as a kickstarter.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I would be shocked if it was TAF especially when they were asking a few months ago what table besides that one would you like to see as a kickstarter.

Yes - that is the case - but they also have not made it a secret that TAF has been their main priority for a "big" licensed table for some time. While there are other tables out their that could be made - The Addams Family is far and away the top dog.

More importantly - I'd think a LOT more casual fans would want TAF.(yes,even over TSPP) It's the best selling pinball table for a reason...

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
1) swamp. difficult, and dangerous if missed. but thing should be able to hit it 95%

95% is a bit high. The manual for TAF suggests that the "thing flips" is expected to have a 50%-60% success rate. I think that they should recreate this level of randomness for this feature.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I know the manual says that, but i've played real TAFs where thing really is that on the ball. it's a LOT more fun that way,and not really any easier. :)

On one of them, thing learned to do the bank the ball off the GR and into the swamp method.

My tuning information is based on these machines.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Yes - that is the case - but they also have not made it a secret that TAF has been their main priority for a "big" licensed table for some time. While there are other tables out their that could be made - The Addams Family is far and away the top dog.

More importantly - I'd think a LOT more casual fans would want TAF.(yes,even over TSPP) It's the best selling pinball table for a reason...

For once, we totally agree.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
If it is The Addams family, I'd be happy for Farsight to not rush it out, and only release it when it was 100% ready and across as many platforms at the same time as possible.
I think that and constant updates would likely ensure a successful kickstarter.
Even if the target is high, I'd like to think it was achievable otherwise they wouldn't bother doing it at all, a failed kickstarter cannot be good press for the game
While I would like the kickstarter to be TAF or TSPP, it would also be interesting if it was something like Wizard of Oz, AC/DC etc something high profile but left-field that no one was expecting, still think they would have a good chance of being kickstarted

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Oh Hell Yessss!!!!!
WOZ or AC/DC What A Hellacious Surprise That Would Be!
I Want "The Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure" Some Freakin Day On TPA!

Last edited:

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
It's Addams Family!!!!

addams.jpg

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Where is the News Letter where is the news?
I can't take it the suspense is killing me!
I'am so excited for this KS it's just gotta be TAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts