The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
8 packs? I didn't realize there were that many more tables incoming... I'm just hoping and praying that the Vita version gets massive fixes in the patch coming with TZ.

I think it probably breaks down like this. Package 1: Twilight Zone for SCEA. Package 2: Scared Stiff and Big Shot for SCEA. Package 3: Pro versions of SS, MM, Tales and TZ for SCEA. Package 4: TZ custom ball for SCEA. Packages 5 through 8 are the same as 1 through 4 except for SCEE. I believe once the TZ package is approved then ST:TNG will be submitted.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'm very much hoping this is a preview of what the Wii U version will be like - minus the on-screen DMD!

Attack from Mars and Space Shuttle sounds like a good way to start the year to me.

Looks like FarSight will meet you half-way with DLC #8. AFM and Genie. Not too shabby IMO!!!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
No and the screens I've seen of Genie are pretty impressive, so I'm hopeful the play will be more exciting than in the Gottlieb collection on the Wii.

jwil026

Nov 19, 2012
I wish they would announce what the next pack will be. I think it should be a 4 pack. Release a 4 pack at the beginning of each year. One can wish. Fish Tales, AFM, Cactus Canyon and Flight 2000 sounds good to me.

Also add Space Shuttle and Eight Ball Deluxe to that too!!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks to Pinwiz for the new 2013 updates just published, and for keeping us up to date on a regular basis during the past year.

For the 2013 update that came from FS facebook page, there is this comment on the PC version:

" PC : While FarSight still hopes to be greenlit by Steam (which seems to be their est shot at this time, but are still investigating other routes as well) and use them as their distribution portal, they are creating a special build for the $500+ kickstarter backers that will allow them to play a PC build containing Star Trek, Twilight Zone, and the four pack of launch tables."

Which sounds like $500 and over will get the special build. However the subsequent comments......

"Everyone that selected the PC version as a backer reward of either Star Trek or Twilight Zone will get the opportunity to play the PC version of the table you backed very soon. FarSight will be sending out e-mails containing information on downloading these builds in January."

...I think this is saying that all backers will get the game they backed in a special build (but obviously one table), regardless of the $500 level.

Is there any clarification on this? Thanks.

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
Well, if nothing else as far as consoles are concerned Wii U might be the best home for Farsight. Indie developers have been praising the e-shop for its lack of fees for game updates, and apparently almost complete lack of restrictions on how often a developer can update their game and/or perform updates at a micro level. There's still a certification process where Nintendo must (obviously) insure the game update doesn't do anything horrible to the console. Still, every single source has agreed their digital game policies are better than Sony and MS.

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
Do you have any links? I'd like to read that.

There have been probably a dozen interviews scattered around. Here's a recent one with Frozenbyte: Frozenbyte on first days of Wii U eshop

As stated in that interview, developers have a lot of control including setting their own prices and sales. I believe Microsoft still price fixes on XBLA due to their "points" system. (The eshop uses cash values like Steam or PSN.) Also, despite the fact that Frozenbyte is a small developer / publisher, they immediately began work on a major patch for Trine 2 without worrying about paying for it. (Though fortunately, Trine 2 is apparently selling well.) In other interviews with developers like the Toki Tori guys, they've stated the certification process is simpler with Nintendo, and claimed that developers are charged essentially nothing - or so little as to be the same difference. Before eshop launched there was rumbling from developers that it was very "Steam-like" and I suspect this is what they meant: almost as transparent an update process as Steam. Just with a little more certification required, as a console company doesn't want software patches that are going to hardlock the system.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Nintendo Life made a point of interviewing every developer with a launch title in the eShop, so that's a good place to look. From what was stated minor bug fixes don't require a full lot check, however any changes which alter controls or add functionality do require another lot check to ensure the game still works.

It does indeed sound like a much better place to sell your wares than Xbox Live.

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
Nintendo Life made a point of interviewing every developer with a launch title in the eShop, so that's a good place to look. From what was stated minor bug fixes don't require a full lot check, however any changes which alter controls or add functionality do require another lot check to ensure the game still works.

It does indeed sound like a much better place to sell your wares than Xbox Live.

Hmm, an easygoing policy on bug fixes alone would help out a ton of developers, large and small. I'm under the impression that right now, all developers for consoles compile bug lists for large, quarterly or semi-annual patches unless it's a gamebreaking crisis.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Well, if nothing else as far as consoles are concerned Wii U might be the best home for Farsight. Indie developers have been praising the e-shop for its lack of fees for game updates, and apparently almost complete lack of restrictions on how often a developer can update their game and/or perform updates at a micro level. There's still a certification process where Nintendo must (obviously) insure the game update doesn't do anything horrible to the console. Still, every single source has agreed their digital game policies are better than Sony and MS.

This should be the wave of the future. The consoles need to compete with mobile gaming on every front including the publishing end.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
One of the guys up at FarSight said that when the next gen systems for Xbox and Sony come out, it will be simple like this too. They said when the consoles were created, obviously dlc was in its infancy and games such as TPA and how their dlc is implemented weren't even a thought, so the infrastructure isn't accommodating. Obviously, the mobile platforms and now Nintendo have it worked out.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Why hasnt anybody made a OUYA thread? That android based system, the developers systems just came out.

for me oyua is a nice idea and sentiment buts its hardware is already dated, a glorifed android system. its shelf life is truely limited even in emerging markets.

flash in a trendy pan

SoundsGood

Dec 4, 2012
• Although FarSight has secured an new publisher for the Xbox 360, due to the terms set by the new publisher, FarSight is unable to make an official announcement until the new publisher gives them permission to do so. As soon as FarSight is allowed to, they will begin submitting to Microsoft.

How long does it typically take from the time something is submitted to Microsoft to the time we see an actual playable game?

Thanks.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
How long does it typically take from the time something is submitted to Microsoft to the time we see an actual playable game?

Thanks.

The time frame for approval of a Title Update (which all new table add-ons require) through Microsoft is 4-6 weeks assuming the initial submission is not rejected

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts