The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I don't see a T2 or a terminator 2 pinball kickstarter, and only the sucessfully concluded ST;TNG and TZ kickstarters will show up.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They announced it will happen, but it hasn't started yet. I'm sure they will wait until PS3 and the 360 get a little caught up before they start the T2 kickstarter.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I'm hoping that after DR. Dude and Firepower, that the next 2 tables would be Cactus Canyon and Whirlwind what do you all think. I'm also going to post this on Facebook to.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
Would be a great pack. Maybe too good to pair together.

Yeah, Whirlwind would need a lesser table beside it. Maybe something else from the PHOF collection. Can't remember which Gottleib tables are in there though, since the resolution on the Wii was inferior to the Williams' tables, I barely ever played that collection.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
They've been working on that, but there's too many licensing hurdles, such as rights holders refusing to even talk to FS.

I read the back of my Addams Family DVD and totally understand why we probably won't get Addams Family for a long time. Dang-it Rupert.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
"The washed out look on some of the PS3 tables is currently being addressed and will be corrected soon."

Great news to hear. Try to squeeze them for ANY news on anything done to Black Knight. The silence about that table really stings

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Wonder what they mean by 'a few release issues' in the following statement:

"FarSight still has a few release issues to work through before releasing the new version of The Pinball Arcade on the Xbox 360. "

I'm happy that they're giving us information, but the (I'm sure necessary) cryptic nature of the XBox statements is maddening.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Hopefully Nintendo will be more flexible in that regard. Although Zen 2's DLC on Wii U is rather clunky, it's not clear how much of that is down to Zen and how much Nintendo.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Wonder what they mean by 'a few release issues' in the following statement:

"FarSight still has a few release issues to work through before releasing the new version of The Pinball Arcade on the Xbox 360. "

I'm happy that they're giving us information, but the (I'm sure necessary) cryptic nature of the XBox statements is maddening.

Hopefully it's a QA thing. Like someone said, to succesfully submit DLC to both Sony and MS, they need to work without issues, like many people are experincing on their mobile platforms, and it's likely that the new publisher is taking care of that.

Of course, it could easily be a ton of other things, like legal disputes and crap like that.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Are FarSight able to tell us if these are issues pre-submission to MS? Or are they issues MS have asked FarSight to address?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Are FarSight able to tell us if these are issues pre-submission to MS? Or are they issues MS have asked FarSight to address?

Pre-submission - so their publisher is finding the issues. Given the expense in submitting to MS, I'm sure the publisher is ensuring it'll go through with as few issues as possible.

Because their publisher is making FS keep their mouths silent as to who they are until it's submitted to MS (at which point MS will probably publish something so the secret would be out). Since FS hasn't told us who the publisher is, we can bet it hasn't gone to MS yet.

I'm guessing the reason is it gives a way for the publisher to back out if FS isn't responsible enough to fix bugs and all that - they don't know how good a developer FS is, so FS can't announce that they have an agreement with X until X is ready to put their stamp of approval on it.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
That's also the only explanation I can think of, it sounds plausible.

And hell, if QA is really the issue, my hat is off to the new publisher. Too many publishers nowadays just want to ship flawed products for the hell of it, so FarSight could really benefit from a business partner who cares about this stuff.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I'm guessing the reason is it gives a way for the publisher to back out if FS isn't responsible enough to fix bugs and all that - they don't know how good a developer FS is, so FS can't announce that they have an agreement with X until X is ready to put their stamp of approval on it.

Hmm.. I think whoever this mysterious publisher is, they would be more than aware of FarSight's track record and their commitment to TPA, on multiple platforms.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
So, I'm fairly new around these parts. When could we expect to see some media for Dr. Dude and Firepower? Or are Farsight pretty random with this kind of thing?

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
We should expect a gameplay video in a week and the iOS and Android marketplace release in 2 weeks or so.

Members online

Members online