The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The hint was so obvious this month the confirmation just seems like a foregone conclusion to me. :eek:

Now hold on, let's look closer at this.

Now the house in the background is from Haunted House, but that table's art is done by Terry Doerzaph, who also did the art for Q*bert's Quest. Now Q*bert was designed by John Trudeau and he designed the wonderful Premiere table, Genesis. Genesis was of course a popular band in the 80's featuring drummer Phil Collins. I believe Phil Collins was a huge pinball fan, and in an interview, it was said that his favorite machine growing up was, well whadya know. Evel Knievel. BOOM!

N

netizen

Now the house in the background is from Haunted House, but that table's art is done by Terry Doerzaph, who also did the art for Q*bert's Quest. Now Q*bert was designed by John Trudeau and he designed the wonderful Premiere table, Genesis. Genesis was of course a popular band in the 80's featuring drummer Phil Collins. I believe Phil Collins was a huge pinball fan, and in an interview, it was said that his favorite machine growing up was, well whadya know. Evel Knievel. BOOM!

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
now hold on, let's look closer at this.

Now the house in the background is from haunted house, but that table's art is done by terry doerzaph, who also did the art for q*bert's quest. Now q*bert was designed by john trudeau and he designed the wonderful premiere table, genesis. Genesis was of course a popular band in the 80's featuring drummer phil collins. I believe phil collins was a huge pinball fan, and in an interview, it was said that his favorite machine growing up was, well whadya know. Evel knievel. Boom!

rofl

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The Haunted House backglass was reversed. Which means the clue is the opposite of Haunted House. What pin would be the opposite of Haunted House? That is what will be released with Tee'd Off. Hmmm

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
The Haunted House backglass was reversed. Which means the clue is the opposite of Haunted House. What pin would be the opposite of Haunted House? That is what will be released with Tee'd Off. Hmmm

I know you're joking.

Still, if this is true, I would vote for Bad Cats or The Party Zone.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I love all the top 10 most voted on tables in each of the polls. I hope FarSight looks very seriously at making all those top 10 winners. Thanks so much for holding all the polls. It's been a heck of a lot of fun. You ROCK Pin Wiz!

N

netizen

It is an utterly fantastic list. Proof all us pinballers are on the same page. I voted for 95% of all the tables selected.

Ahh confirmation bias achieved.

I voted for less than 10% of the tables selected, so your assertion is false.

IMO, may of the selected tables were obvious choices for TPA anyway, but by grouping them with lesser known and older tables in the polls it totally destroyed any chance of introducing these great games to new pinball players in lieu of the "2 DMD" crowd and those who have never played anything but system 11 and newer.

Last edited:

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012

That can't be right. You didn't work Kevin Bacon in there anywhere.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Ahh confirmation bias achieved.

I voted for less than 10% of the tables selected, so your assertion is false.

IMO, may of the selected tables were obvious choices for TPA anyway, but by grouping them with lesser known and older tables in the polls it totally destroyed any chance of introducing these great games to new pinball players in lieu of the "2 DMD" crowd and those who have never played anything but system 11 and newer.

Then you are really the odd man out. Poke...Poke. :D

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I sincerely hope the six polls are not considered with equal weight by FarSight. Honestly, I'd rather see the top 20 Williams tables before the top 3 classic SS Gottlieb tables.

And how the hell did the original High Speed not crack the Williams Top 10. Travesty.

Now you are totally back on track again. LOL. I think a great number of us only have a small handful of Gottlieb favorite tables. Most of the best are out already. When I was a kid it was Williams that got all my friends and I truly hooked on Pinball. I hope they produce many more Williams, Bally, Data East, and Stern tables than Gottlieb. Williams all the way. :)

I agree with High Speed too. Sad to not see it on the list.

I was a little shocked to see Slick Chick not up there as well. It was a very important table back in the day and it is very highly rated in polls around the world. The Microsoft Arcade version of it is a pathetic slow remake that never touched on just how good the table actually was.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts