The PS3 "super patch"

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
So are tables like Taxi no longer washed out? I didn't think the patch would include visual fixes, just gameplay bugs. It sounds great!

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Espy,

Yes, it appears that in addition to the bug fixes, the table art has been significantly improved. CV, ToM, Taxi, Genie, and several other tables that had strange contrast and lighting issues are now much more consistent across the game. It feels like these tables are all in the same arcade now, and not some of them "dark as midnight" and others looking like someone mounted a 500 watt halogen spotlight directly above the table. There is a much more consistent, even feel and appearance.

Physics. Wow.

EU and AUS brethren fear not. It may be one more week, but TRUST ME IT'S WORTH IT. It's a whole new game.

FS has gained some serious respect from me for doing this.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
No way I'm going to be able to play every single table and spot the differences in one go. I'll rediscover the revitalised tables as I feel I want to play them.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Well, maybe they added a few lighting details to Genie, but both Genie and BK are just as bright red as they have ever been. I think anyone who thinks otherwise is just used to the ultra bright colors. Just compare they tables to their mobile counterpart to see what I mean.

Last edited:

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Genie I could care less about. It's a rotten table for me regardless of the color saturation and I never play it once I got all the goals.

Black Knight *is* better. Not perfect, but better. Most importantly, the physics and flippers action are seriously upgraded and I no longer have to "anticipate" shots to deal with the flipper lag. I can deal with questionable artwork much better than laggy gameplay.

Considering we went from 6-10 tables that looked like ass on a plate, to only two tables that are slightly oversaturated, I'm thrilled. Perhaps BK will get it's due when (if) emulation comes to that table.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I'm diggin' the patch. Everything looks much improved. The ball and flippers feel snappier. (I never had a problem with flipper lag.)

I went into Ripley's to see if the lost ball glitch was taken care of. I had a ball seemingly lost about 4 or 5 times and the ball came back everytime. (Some nudging was still used) Some more testing is still warranted however. The physics seem unchanged. I managed to get get 3bil on my true first ball and I ended up with 15bil points (enough to leave a Mark...), tilted out my last 5 balls and called it a day. My Battlefield friends needed me.

For those that are still waiting, it's worth it. You'll see.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I can certainly vouch for all of the positive comments said here so far. Everything I want to say has been said. Hopefully this will put the ps3 version on the map again.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I have all of season 1 and 2, pro upgrades, ball packs, everything.

Cue Ball Wizard and El Dorado refuse to update. I have tried multiple times, using multiple methods to update them. They just keep saying that they need an update when I go to play them, then "nothing to download" when I try to update through the UI. I've tried going directly through PSN also. They just refuse to update. They download and SAY they installed, but still say to update.

I'm having the same sort of issue with Medieval Madness and Bride of Pinbot on the Vita.

I've tried about 10 times for both systems to update the freaking tables. I'm losing patience.

I'm going to have to delete TPA and start all over again with both systems, arent I? Anyone have any ideas that don't require starting from scratch? I'm getting pretty tee'd off!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
fellas AUS.is part of EU big deal what`s another week we`ve waited this long,it`s not the end of the world !!! :)

So when this EU patch will be? Tooday or in weeks time?

Next week for EU. Does anyone know if the "Ultimate Challenge" bug on Champion Pub has been fixed? I need that trophy!!

FS said that the patch is delayed in Europe and they'll keep us in touch. It doesn't mean "next week".

Sony Europe screws, not a surprise.

A couple of update ago, we have it three weeks after the US (the update with the friend leaderboards bug).

So...

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Did anyone think to take screen shots of before the patch? Would be awesome if somebody could show before and afters so everyone that isn't a PS3 user can see exactly what FarSight has been able to do.

If I had a photo device, I would.

Too bad there is not XMB screenshot feature for TPA.

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
Just gave a quick trip on all tables (except Cue Ball and El Dorado, of course), and:

- Anyone feeling that some lights on tables are more weak? I mean, look and the ramps on T2, I can barely see the blinking red when attempting a million shot.

- Some parts look "brighter" then normal in some tables like Elvira (both, the slingshots on Party Monsters and the coffins on Scared) and ToM(not complaining, I actually enjoyed the new look of this table). BUT, I dunno if I remember well the old looks, since I wasnt playing them for like months...

- The Physics: I cant confirm that 100%(based on how long I didnt played the tables, maybe its placebo), but the improvement on some tables are "gargantual"(Elle Driver style). I can even do some live catches now... :D

Waiting for some news on Cue Ball and El Dorado...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I have all of season 1 and 2, pro upgrades, ball packs, everything.

Cue Ball Wizard and El Dorado refuse to update. I have tried multiple times, using multiple methods to update them. They just keep saying that they need an update when I go to play them, then "nothing to download" when I try to update through the UI. I've tried going directly through PSN also. They just refuse to update. They download and SAY they installed, but still say to update.

I'm having the same sort of issue with Medieval Madness and Bride of Pinbot on the Vita.

I've tried about 10 times for both systems to update the freaking tables. I'm losing patience.

I'm going to have to delete TPA and start all over again with both systems, arent I? Anyone have any ideas that don't require starting from scratch? I'm getting pretty tee'd off!

Its a known issue. Covered in this thread. Feel free to read before you post. :D

Genie I could care less about. It's a rotten table for me regardless of the color saturation and I never play it once I got all the goals.

Black Knight *is* better. Not perfect, but better. Most importantly, the physics and flippers action are seriously upgraded and I no longer have to "anticipate" shots to deal with the flipper lag. I can deal with questionable artwork much better than laggy gameplay.

Considering we went from 6-10 tables that looked like ass on a plate, to only two tables that are slightly oversaturated, I'm thrilled. Perhaps BK will get it's due when (if) emulation comes to that table.

It actually sounds like you couldn't care less. ;) I really like what they did with Genie. Maybe I'll get the goals on this one now.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
It actually sounds like you couldn't care less. ;) I really like what they did with Genie. Maybe I'll get the goals on this one now.

You got me, English Professor!! :p

I find Genie much more bearable now. Still not a favorite. The buzzing drives me nuts. I can dig it on mute with some music in the background ok sometimes.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Sorry I'm late , chronic toothpain and some other issues kept me from commenting sooner. So before the patch was issued I took time on some of the tables I recalled with problems longstanding , STTNG, T2 , TZ, CFTBL , TaXi, BK, as well as some old favorites. It's funny how many people are complaining about issues that weren't patched as if the patch was at fault , MM , BOP, FH, and CV were not included in the patches .(Vita or PS3)

So what FarSight has done at last! is to go from video game ps2 era graphics cartoony with a shiny coat of paint , and patch them into a true PS3 era sim of real life tables , yep it now feels like I could be looking down at real tables on some of the makeovers. The physics and flippers are much improved, the lighting pops , there are tables I used to dread , that are more fun now , and I'm unlocking goals I never got before .My newest table Black Rose feels like a throwback to older tables , maybe tone down the vibrant colors ? (were back to looking like a PS2 video game cartoony models instead of a sim ) But in general I think BR maybe the best table since MM in theme and fun, just mute the colors a bit .

Zabu

Feb 5, 2013
MM , BOP, FH, and CV were not included in the patches .(Vita or PS3)
Are you sure there was nothing fixed in those? We didn't have to redownload them on PS3 because all the table assets for the first two packs appear to be part of the main game and patches for them would've been included in its patch. The downloads on the store for the PS3 version of those packs are just a small unlock key.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
What zabu said. They were updated they just came through on the actual patch itself. CV added the lightning bolt sticker on the neon tube so it did get some love for sure. Fun House also fixed the plunger that used to only visually pull back like a inch...goes all the way back now.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Are you sure there was nothing fixed in those? We didn't have to redownload them on PS3 because all the table assets for the first two packs appear to be part of the main game and patches for them would've been included in its patch. The downloads on the store for the PS3 version of those packs are just a small unlock key.

They've been able to patch those all along since they're part of the title game so no mega patch was needed for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.