The PS3 "super patch"

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Who knows! :)

I do think FS needs to work on their communication. I know they're busy with other stuff and all that, but when you announce something for a certain date you should let your followers know if something changes. Even if you have no control over it as in this situation. It would take away a lot of the frustration from people waiting and not hearing anything. Of maybe better yet not announce a date... :)

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
Well, meybe next week... :/

According to their blog ( http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...eborn-fifa-world-cup-brazil-dead-nation-vita/ ) it should be next week:

BBIAJ16 April, 2014 @ 3:22 pm

@Jawad:

Another week, and STILL no Season 3 tables for The Pinball Arcade on either PS3 or PS Vita, not to mention the so-called “super-patch”?

The American’s have had this content for TWO WEEKS now, last week you said that, and I quote:

“Jawad Ashraf (10 April, 2014 @ 10:14 am):

The new DLC is currently planned for next week. Check back next week to be sure, though.”

What is going on over at SCEE Towers!?

At this rate, I may as well pick up TPA on Xbox One in June with all the Season One and Two content, and be done with it on PS3 and Vita.

Jawad Ashraf16 April, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

These have been pushed back once again. I don’t have any details to give but they have been rescheduled for next week. Check back next week to confirm. Sorry for the delay in getting the new tables out there.

I'll believe it when I see it.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Communication is one of those things that I hate about the gaming industry. With very few exceptions it is almost non-existent. FarSight is actually better than most. It would be interesting if a video game company started treating us like a corporate IT department treats their internal customer.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
One week ago:

"The new DLC is currently planned for next week. Check back next week to be sure, though.”

This week:

"I don’t have any details to give but they have been rescheduled for next week. Check back next week to confirm."

hornorm-vip-blog-com-899146fNeverendingStory02.jpg

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Do we know why there's a delay? I mean, one would assume that the same patch/update is sent to both SCEA and SCEE (or whoever) at the same time, stands to reason that one shouldn't take any longer to approve it than the other.

Unless...

They're fixing the pricing for regions like Australia and Europe! Yippee! Aussies no longer to get ripped off royally!

(probably not happening)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Do we know why there's a delay? I mean, one would assume that the same patch/update is sent to both SCEA and SCEE (or whoever) at the same time, stands to reason that one shouldn't take any longer to approve it than the other.

Unless...

They're fixing the pricing for regions like Australia and Europe! Yippee! Aussies no longer to get ripped off royally!

(probably not happening)

Its not exactly the same. I've read in this forum that there's a difference in what the core game comprises in each market. SCEE does their own approval on their own schedule. They've rejected things in the past that SCEA has accepted.

pcraenme

Jun 18, 2013
Maybe next time Farsight can send super patches or new tables to SCEE a few weeks earlier than to SCEA, so they both are available worldwide at the same time? But, maybe next week... at least Farsight informed me the Super Patch for EU was send to SCEE for approval. And in the meanwhile, the alfa version of Pro Pinball Timeshock! Ultra will be released in the next few days, so that will get all my pinball attention anyway. :D

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Maybe next time Farsight can send super patches or new tables to SCEE a few weeks earlier than to SCEA, so they both are available worldwide at the same time? But, maybe next week... at least Farsight informed me the Super Patch for EU was send to SCEE for approval. And in the meanwhile, the alfa version of Pro Pinball Timeshock! Ultra will be released in the next few days, so that will get all my pinball attention anyway. :D

FarSight sends them in at the same time. There's no telling how long each is going to take. Even if they were inclined to hold back the NA version so that they released on the same/next day, they wouldn't know how long to hold back the NA version. But why hold it back? This is like some people who wanted the mobile releases held back to match the console release. Why? Its not going to make the console release or the EU release happen any earlier. It happens when it happens.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Do we know why there's a delay? I mean, one would assume that the same patch/update is sent to both SCEA and SCEE

Its not exactly the same. I've read in this forum that there's a difference in what the core game comprises in each market.

Yep. The EU core patch does not include MM/BoP and CV/FH table datas unlike the US version. > http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...per-patch-quot?p=141099&viewfull=1#post141099

So, I assume that these two packs have to be updated too on the EU PSN store (unlike in the US Store, as it's just a unlock key). Extra work ?? (both for FS and SCEE)

SCEE does their own approval on their own schedule. They've rejected things in the past that SCEA has accepted.

Yes too. And the worst scenario would be that SCEE didn't even begin the checking process of the super patch sent by FS.

In this case, we would have it only in about 6 weeks. :( (current/end May)

slidebite

May 10, 2012
Just playing multiplayer on Bride of Pinbot, and had a bug where if a ball was captured and you die, the camera goes off the rails for the second player and stays with launch views. Is that a known bug or something brought in with the super patch?

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
Just playing multiplayer on Bride of Pinbot, and had a bug where if a ball was captured and you die, the camera goes off the rails for the second player and stays with launch views. Is that a known bug or something brought in with the super patch?

It's been doing this from the start on the Xbox and the PS3, I reported the bug here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...n-plunger-cam-after-face-change-on-2-player?&

Last night while playing 2 player I noticed a weird bug where after changing players the face rotates back to the correct position and then the camera just stays there, but you can fire the plunger, if you do though the camera switches from the face and stays in plunger cam so it looks like you're playing from the other side of the arcade! (This is on the Xbox)

I don't know if this is related to the other face cam bug.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

This also occurs on the PS3.
Also the score display is still too far over to the right on this (PS3) table (and on Funhouse)

I thought it would of been fixed in the super patch

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts