timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I agree and will do the same. As a consumer, always demand a better product. Its the best form of Q/A. :)

How does that make sense? Cutting your nose off to spite your face much.

So when they finally DO get it finished you will have huge regrets at blowing the one chance we had to get a table that so many people have been dying for!

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
this is why timescales and commitments should come from product management and not direct from developers.

As someone who has worked in this industry, the people you mention are often worse with timetables. General rule of thumb for software development timetables, they are inaccurate nearly always, so wait until you hear of release candidates before getting optimistic

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
How does that make sense? Cutting your nose off to spite your face much.

So when they finally DO get it finished you will have huge regrets at blowing the one chance we had to get a table that so many people have been dying for!

Yeah, i am scratching my head at this view to, DX update is on the way so why take the chance of losing a table that only makes PBA better.

LiquidFreon

Dec 9, 2012
Yeah, i am scratching my head at this view to, DX update is on the way so why take the chance of losing a table that only makes PBA better.

Its for that very reason. I can pretty much guarantee that they will use that excuse to push bringing it out wayyyyyyy further down. I can see them saying this, "Well, we were about to bring it out, but decided that implementing it at this stage would just create more work for our developers when Direct X 12 comes out. We decided that it would be better to start work on it when full DirectX 12 functionality was integrated that way we wouldn't have to re-write all these API's and make our developers work twice. Especially since we are so tight on resources and what not. Yada, yada, yada potatoes & crackers..."

And with that, you will see another year in between of push backs for the PC while they roll out the upgrades for PS4, PS3, XBox 360, etc etc etc.... PC is the relegated red headed step-child. If i want a sub standard Adams Family Pin, i'll just keep playing the one on Visual Pinmame. Which by the way, given that its FREE, happens to be actually quite accurate and fun. I'm sorry you have gotten use to company's like EA that make it seem like they are doing people a favor by releasing buggy sub-par products and conglomerates like Microsoft & Sony with their "Next-Gen" machines running on 10 year old tech. I'm one of many who are trying to keep these people honest. You only shoot yourself in the foot when you give in to the ideology of, "Ohh noes! If we don't pay up now we will lose it!" Quality over quantity, not the other way around. By all means, don't let me stop you. Support the kick starter if you have deep pockets like Scrooge McDuck. Heck, donate $5000 or whatever the going rate is to sit and have a glass of wine with the developers. Just don't expect everyone else to follow the pied piper. If you are paying for something, always demand the best. Unless you have reached a point in your life where you are complacent.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Its for that very reason. I can pretty much guarantee that they will use that excuse to push bringing it out wayyyyyyy further down. I can see them saying this, "Well, we were about to bring it out, but decided that implementing it at this stage would just create more work for our developers when Direct X 12 comes out. We decided that it would be better to start work on it when full DirectX 12 functionality was integrated that way we wouldn't have to re-write all these API's and make our developers work twice. Especially since we are so tight on resources and what not. Yada, yada, yada potatoes & crackers..."

ROFLMAO, forget about DX12.
So far, little is known about DX12. DX 11.3 will come out first. Only for Windows 8.1 of course.
The first DX12 games are expected to come out at the end of 2015. Triple A games that require a lot of computing power.
The latest DX releases, 11.1 and 11.2, only run on Windows 8.1.
However DX 11(.0) is also supported by Windows Vista and Windows 7. For DX12 you will probably need Windows 9.
Farsight definitely don't plan to alienate all PC customers who do not have Windows 9!

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
ROFLMAO, forget about DX12.
So far, little is known about DX12. DX 11.3 will come out first. Only for Windows 8.1 of course.
The first DX12 games are expected to come out at the end of 2015. Triple A games that require a lot of computing power.
The latest DX releases, 11.1 and 11.2, only run on Windows 8.1.
However DX 11(.0) is also supported by Windows Vista and Windows 7. For DX12 you will probably need Windows 9.
Farsight definitely don't plan to alienate all PC customers who do not have Windows 9!

No. They're intentionally not working on getting it out soon.

Stop using logic.

dingo99

Apr 16, 2014
And with that, you will see another year in between of push backs for the PC while they roll out the upgrades for PS4, PS3, XBox 360, etc etc etc.... PC is the relegated red headed step-child.
Grass always seems greener on the other side... but really, you should NOT be wishing for PS4-level support from FarSight. Horrible sound quality has gone unfixed for 10 months and counting, friend leaderboards missing, challenges unimplemented, way behind on season 3, season 2 missing entirely, many low-res graphical elements, plenty of bugs, etc, etc, etc. Dynamic lighting is the only (temporary) advantage of the PS4 version.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
You mean the thread or the PC version of TPA? :(
The thread! my hopes for TPA are still up. So much time has passed that something has to happen any moment.
no more reasonable holdups. So much has been brought into motion. if nothing happens in the not to distant future the whole thing will just implode.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
The thread! my hopes for TPA are still up. So much time has passed that something has to happen any moment.
no more reasonable holdups. So much has been brought into motion. if nothing happens in the not to distant future the whole thing will just implode.

Ah right. Glad you still have some optimism left!

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
Maybe this has been answered over the previous year or so, but are the textures going to be updated at all with the DX11 upgrade? Much higher quality ones would be appreciated, and if there is going to be a toggle to fall back to DX9 for performance reasons, let people with the horsepower enjoy some higher quality textures.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I would also say that the "1" is up in the air, but we might just be safe on the "20" part.

I would tend to agree. However, I was trying to be somewhat optimistic. If this was cab support it would be "20xy" with the 0 being somewhat up in the air...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts