timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
Those PS4 table were most likely finished ages ago even though Farsight has to wait until just after Christmas to release them.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Dynamic Lighting is most likely finished through season 4 across all platforms.

Does anyone have any doubts we will see amazing results with the new Alienware Alpha $550 model?

I want to buy a budget gaming pc solely for TPA! Would this be suffice?!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Dynamic Lighting is most likely finished through season 4 across all platforms.

Does anyone have any doubts we will see amazing results with the new Alienware Alpha $550 model?

I want to buy a budget gaming pc solely for TPA! Would this be suffice?!

Speaking only for myself, I don't think a Steam Machine would be the way to go. My old clunker of a computer with a NVidia GEForce GT610 GPU does a decent job of running TPA. I've also got a Lenovo ideapad S210 touch laptop (purchased during last year's "cyber Monday" for $250). It's got W8, Intel HD 4000 GPU, 1.9 Ghz processor, 4 GB Ram, a 64-bit operating system, and TPA runs great on it. Plus, with an HDMI cable, I can hook my laptop screen to my 47" TV. Granted, I can't get 1920x1080 with it, but it still looks and plays well, so what the heck?

You just have to shop around and check the specs, and you should be able to find something good for cheap. FYI, this coming Monday is "Cyber Monday" so this may be a great time for you to do some looking. Hope it goes well.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Digging around on FB, there was a comment from FS yesterday that stated that getting the XONE version ready was something like 90% of the work needed for DX11 on the PC. Who knows. There's been a lot of stuff going on over in the SweetFX/ENB thread, for those who want to play with pseudo-dynamic lighting in the meantime.

R

Rhandos

If it's 90% done and the engine guys are free now...

Farsight employees? Any word if 2014 is still realistic?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well...90% complete and they've been working on it for 12 months apparently would mean roughly another month and a half or so (more than one month less than two basically). So probably not...unless they use a windows style progress bar for their progress measurements...

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I'm sure a lot of them go on holidays in December and January aswell so we might not see anything until February at the earliest.Hope I am wrong thought

swift

Apr 7, 2014
I would guess 2Q 2015 at the earliest. And if they have some sort of bs console exclusivity deal signed, then we'll see it in one year or something.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
By "90% of the work" what I assume is that because both PCs and XONE share very similar Intel-based architecture, and the XONE runs a Windows-like OS, the core DLLs and integration work required to get DX11 working on PC is already 90% there.

The remaining 10% is going to include:
- Porting the code from the XDK to Windows. There will be tools out there that can do this with a few mouse clicks.
- Getting it to work on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1. XONE runs some kind of Windows 8/8.1-a-like.
- Getting it to work nicely with nVidia GPUs, since the XONE has an AMD GPU.
- Testing.

Some of the above has probably been done, like maybe having a build in place that has hooks into an "empty" DX11 library that is waiting for the "real" one to show up. For all we know the current PC build already has those hooks, they're just invisible because they're not switched on.

Unless there's a serious bug that needs patching right away, FS updates the PC build with every new table release.

I don't expect, then, to see this come along with ES in pack #33.

Given the Christmas break, it might be a stretch to get it done in time for pack #34 in Jan.

Getting it ready for pack #35 - which in all likelihood is going to be TAF - is currently the most realistic projection.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
guys i realised theres some informed speculation but in the end its gonna come when it comes ya know like the end of days!

hanging on nuggets and spevulation just make the wait longer

im black friday sage wisdom

imo the coders just dont have the time and fesources to even give an eta, all one can do is hope

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I just bought season 4 pro pass to:
a) show that my love for this product is unconditional
b) have the right to whine complain and nag about missing dx11 and cab support ;)

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I just bought season 4 pro pass to:
a) show that my love for this product is unconditional
b) have the right to whine complain and nag about missing dx11 and cab support ;)

I did not buy any pro passes for PC, just regular seasons. After what FarSight has done to the 360 version (which I own) and is doing to neglect the PS4 version (which I also, at one point, owned), they are getting enough money out of me.

With that in mind, anyone who supports FarSight (in other words, votes with their dollars) has the right to come on these forums and vent about items that FarSight is claiming they're working on, but continually fails to deliver.

That's why I'll only support the PC-most console companies cannot, will not, and do not want to release tables for TPA, or even TPA itself. M$ didn't want to release it on the One without the "schoolyard bully" clause.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Ha!

I just ordered an alienware alpha as a pc upgrade for myself and especially for TPA. Ill have to see how it on high settings. It shouldnt be a problem. If it does ill create a separate thread since its aimed towards newer pc gamers etc.

I am DONE waiting for console updates and lack of features on a monthly basis.

The pc version will also have the new UI first since it will be easier to download a separate beta for it eventually. I look forward to all the new features to come!

LiquidFreon

Dec 9, 2012
If not christmas I won't believe in santa anymore.
Santa ---> Anagram = Satan

Legend says if you stop believing, instead of presents he comes at midnight and takes you away. He scoops you up in his big red bag and fly's you to a dark sinister place near Big Bear lake high up in the mountains. Never to be seen again. Just like DirectX 11 for PC....... Just saying.....

evil_santa.jpg

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Ha!

I just ordered an alienware alpha as a pc upgrade for myself and especially for TPA. Ill have to see how it on high settings. It shouldnt be a problem. If it does ill create a separate thread since its aimed towards newer pc gamers etc.

I am DONE waiting for console updates and lack of features on a monthly basis.

The pc version will also have the new UI first since it will be easier to download a separate beta for it eventually. I look forward to all the new features to come!

Congrats on converting from the console version that is slow to be updated and welcome to the PC version that is slow to be updated! :p

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Santa ---> Anagram = Satan

Legend says if you stop believing, instead of presents he comes at midnight and takes you away. He scoops you up in his big red bag and fly's you to a dark sinister place near Big Bear lake high up in the mountains. Never to be seen again. Just like DirectX 11 for PC....... Just saying.....

evil_santa.jpg

I believe in Mr. Hankey instead. HOWWWWWWWDY HO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts