timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The beta should be popping up sometime soonish, so we'll see if DX11 is in there or not.

karl

May 10, 2012
This is all about priority. It is not a lot of work for Farisight to do this the moment they decide dx11 is the nr 1 priority. There is no better time for that than now, with most of the other stuff they've had to work on lately out of the way.

I am probably between camps regarding this matter. I am not complaining, since I still think TPA is a bargain for what the game already is and all the enjoyment I get out of it, but when they tell me dx11 is coming soon, well, it is hard not to get excited and then a little bit disappointed when it drags on. Same thing with updates to the old tables and the cab version. They are all waiting there, over the horizon, teasing me, just out of reach.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I really hope the DX11 version will allow PC users to adjust some of the new lighting effects - what I have seen from PS4 videos so far looks way too strong, too colorful and just overdone way over the top... so unless it can be toned down at least a little I don't even necessarily see myself using the DX11 version... but for now I'm still really looking forward to seeing it in action :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Focus!
This thread is not about the number of tables FS throws at us. I too am a season pass owner for 1-4.

This is about graphics technology.
This was the standard in 2004
70b61fe3e55b29d47855aad27ccfb47e.jpg

So it's just not state of the art to release a game on the PC 11 years later with no lighting whatsoever.
And they simultaneously showed / teased us they can pull it off with the ps4 version.
And they advertised it.
And the lighting atmosphere on a pinball table is a very important part of the game.

I am really looking forward to this.

The PS4 version is also riddled with bugs,(to include a sound bug which took nearly a year to address), updated maybe three times a year, and has owners waiting eons between table releases.

I'll take my alleged "2004 technology" in order to get a timely table release schedule and game-breaking bugs fixed much faster than any game console will allow.

It will be very nice to have the new lighting effects, and I'm also looking forward to it. BTW, don't ever lecture me on my "focus". I have 233 hours logged into the Steam version-and have enjoyed every minute of it. In what alternate universe is that not focus?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Wasn't lecturing anyone, yet. This thread is about the lighting tech = apple, not the number of tables = oranges. If you eat a lot of oranges, it isn't really a substitute for an apple. But I admit you still get a lot of vitamins = fun out of it.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Focus!
This thread is not about the number of tables FS throws at us. I too am a season pass owner for 1-4.

This is about graphics technology.
This was the standard in 2004
70b61fe3e55b29d47855aad27ccfb47e.jpg

So it's just not state of the art to release a game on the PC 11 years later with no lighting whatsoever.
And they simultaneously showed / teased us they can pull it off with the ps4 version.
And they advertised it.
And the lighting atmosphere on a pinball table is a very important part of the game.

I am really looking forward to this.

I entirely agree. We need a DirectX 8 version of TPA immediately.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
personally as a mainly ios user i thought i was missing something without post processing but it made the tables look like poo so when i see videos of these lighting things i tend to be alittle meh, they could really take a page from zaccaria in terms of good looking lighting.

some would know what i call gaudy looking tables!

edit - also i know people are getting restless and alittle *****y but relax mpad was just trying to make a point and one well made it wasnt personal or even meant to be techically accurate for that matter.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah zaccaria look great. That shows that the mobile Plattform is not the limiting factor.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
edit - also i know people are getting restless and alittle *****y but relax mpad was just trying to make a point and one well made it wasnt personal or even meant to be techically accurate for that matter.

For real. It's fine that some people just want new tables and are fine with the graphics, but just let those of us be who waited anxiously for DX11, lol. Go play all your tables and let us wait out these final days in peace. :)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
oh i meant no offense bud just giving my few and kinda like geez chill out to some

No, I was agreeing with you man. The rest of my comment wasn't directed at you, but people like Ashley that keep telling us over and over how much they're enjoying all their tables in this thread, lol.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Argh. The internet is so easily offended.
It's a time to be happy.
People who give a **** about the looks of a game will enjoy, those who don't care are still good.
And yes, farsight is awesome for making so many tables in the first place.
Now turn on/off the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts