timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
What about the most authentic simulation "Assetto Corsa"? If you have a decent PC, this software is a must have for you.
bIFF I`VE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH THIS GAME,i`ve deleted it tried to download about 5 times so i gave up.The Crew works great on my pc.i prefer my games more on consoles.thanks Biff. :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Rest assured guys: the beta is coming along very nicely thanks to Mike's hard work, and seeing these tables in dark mode with the flashers and GI going is a real treat. I'm finding myself sometimes losing track of the ball because I'm dazzled by the lights, and that's something that's never happened for me in TPA, but does happen on real pins...so that's pretty awesome.
great to hear your having a fantastic time Jeff,not long now.:cool:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I hope we finally get Strobe Multiball fixed on AFM, that should be no problem with DX11 :p

It shouldn't be a problem on the next gen consoles but I don't think it works as it should on them, so at the moment, I don't expect it will on DX11, at least not yet.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It shouldn't be a problem on the next gen consoles but I don't think it works as it should on them, so at the moment, I don't expect it will on DX11, at least not yet.

Here's the thing with Strobe Multiball in real life...those strobes are like having a camera flash in your face, and combined with a dark room and no other lights on, it physically becomes a difficult mode. There really is no way to duplicate that in a game. You'd have to turn off all the lights in the room you are playing in, and the game would have to artificially add blinding flashes to the screen to even approximate what a strobe would do.

That being said, I can confirm that for AFM, the lights go out, and the strobe does flash. You will at least get a sense of what the mode is all about, as opposed to currently where nothing happens at all. So thumbs up from me.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Great news we now have strobe - good to hear Mike is doing the business. I hope the table dark mode is nice and dark for that. Out of interest does the CV Neon in the DX11 build stay stuck on? If not in dark mode does it nicely illuminate the table when it is on? Also does the Neon colour vary like it does on the XBox 360 version?

R

Rhandos

Rest assured guys: the beta is coming along very nicely thanks to Mike's hard work, and seeing these tables in dark mode with the flashers and GI going is a real treat. I'm finding myself sometimes losing track of the ball because I'm dazzled by the lights, and that's something that's never happened for me in TPA, but does happen on real pins...so that's pretty awesome.
Awesome. Darkness and epilepsy all the way! If someone reports this as a bug, please ban him. ;)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Awesome. Darkness and epilepsy all the way! If someone reports this as a bug, please ban him. ;)

Wow-a true strobe multi-ball? GI-a real treat? Final-freakin'ly!

Seriously, hopefully strobe can be turned off for the benefit of those who actually suffer from epilepsy. I have members of my family who have it-and it's no game.

Other than that, I can't wait to see if my CPU can handle DX11 without dropping bills at a new GPU card.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wow-a true strobe multi-ball? GI-a real treat? Final-freakin'ly!

Seriously, hopefully strobe can be turned off for the benefit of those who actually suffer from epilepsy. I have members of my family who have it-and it's no game.

Other than that, I can't wait to see if my CPU can handle DX11 without dropping bills at a new GPU card.

Currently the strobe really isn't any stronger than some of the other flashers in the game. Maybe you can disable the strobe in the operator's menu, but otherwise that's what the warnings are for when you start up video games. It's generally up to the individual to avoid games that might trigger it.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Those who suffer from epilepsy can use the DX9 exe.
DX11 and "epilepsy all the way!"

:D

Zappa

Nov 15, 2013
Currently the strobe really isn't any stronger than some of the other flashers in the game. Maybe you can disable the strobe in the operator's menu, but otherwise that's what the warnings are for when you start up video games. It's generally up to the individual to avoid games that might trigger it.

"I won't go schtizo will I?"

"It is a very distinct possibility"

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
It is noted that about 3 percent of people that are diagnosed with epilepsy can trigger it with somekind of photo sensitivity e.g. flashing or strobing lights.
There has also been some reports that say you can't get seizures from strobing lights.

Now; anyone can have an epileptic attack, that does not mean you are diagnosed as an epileptic.
Drugs, stress, being overly tired, sickness etc. When you are really pushing your brain, being tired and play flipper for hours upon hours, yes Maybe you can trigger an attack if the situation are really set up for it.

So do drugs and stay up for 24+ hours, run a couple of klicks then maybe you can trigger an attack :p

In short, don't worry about it (but be smart and don't push yourself in the ways I described).

Cheers

Last edited:
R

Rhandos

You can't. Beta access was once a kickstarter reward for those who donated a lot of money (300 or 400 USD).

That's really too bad. I helped with the PC beta up until the official release and would love to continue reporting bugs.

I just hope DX11 will remove the bug that puts up that distortion grid on my entire rendering area when PP is on on my 650M GT.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
It is noted that about 3 percent of people that are diagnosed with epilepsy can trigger it with somekind of photo sensitivity e.g. flashing or strobing lights.
There has also been some reports that say you can't get seizures from strobing lights.

Now; anyone can have an epileptic attack, that does not mean you are diagnosed as an epileptic.
Drugs, stress, being overly tired, sickness etc. When you are really pushing your brain, being tired and play flipper for hours upon hours, yes Maybe you can trigger an attack if the situation are really set up for it.

The problem with your attempt at medical knowledge here is that you called it an 'Epileptic Attack'. ...No, it's just a seizure. Epilepsy is a neurological condition that can cause seizures but seizures are not 'epileptic attacks'.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
You can't. Beta access was once a kickstarter reward for those who donated a lot of money (300 or 400 USD).

This is still completely idiotic by the way. There are longstanding score overflow bugs with various tables that are simple to fix, and a ton of other issues that aren't even in the bug master list. I really don't grasp the entire situation with bug reports and farsight. Either a) the beta testers don't actually report these or b) farsight can't take the hour or two to fix incredibly simple things that break several tables entirely. Please for the love of god could someone in the beta tell someone about the goddamn overflows not working when the overflow is large enough. It affects at least four tables that I know of currently, but likely a few more where it isn't an issue yet. Apparently the master list stopped being updated completely and it's missing some of the worst ones in the game. Ripley and the bonus countdown crash is probably harder to fix but it has been in the game for years at this point. What the ****?

I don't know if I'm supposed to mail farsight every time I encounter some goddamn new bull**** since apparently posting bugs in these forums is useless, but I just can't understand how none of this is fixed after years.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This is still completely idiotic by the way. There are longstanding score overflow bugs with various tables that are simple to fix, and a ton of other issues that aren't even in the bug master list. I really don't grasp the entire situation with bug reports and farsight. Either a) the beta testers don't actually report these or b) farsight can't take the hour or two to fix incredibly simple things that break several tables entirely. Please for the love of god could someone in the beta tell someone about the goddamn overflows not working when the overflow is large enough. It affects at least four tables that I know of currently, but likely a few more where it isn't an issue yet. Apparently the master list stopped being updated completely and it's missing some of the worst ones in the game. Ripley and the bonus countdown crash is probably harder to fix but it has been in the game for years at this point. What the ****?

I don't know if I'm supposed to mail farsight every time I encounter some goddamn new bull**** since apparently posting bugs in these forums is useless, but I just can't understand how none of this is fixed after years.

Come on now. We know it's not "A" so please don't even try to blame the testers...

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Come on now. We know it's not "A" so please don't even try to blame the testers...

Yeah I didn't really mean to blame the beta testers that much. I was just extremely frustrated by some of these really long standing things not getting fixed at all, and the beta system is completely opaque so honestly there's no way for anyone outside it to know how things work. Sorry for the rant.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This is still completely idiotic by the way. There are longstanding score overflow bugs with various tables that are simple to fix, and a ton of other issues that aren't even in the bug master list.
The master issues lists that are publicly visible on this forum are no longer being maintained (because I no longer have the time to maintain them). They're not the internal ones that FarSight uses.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Sorry. Was going with the Swedish terminology where if you have two unprovoked epileptic seizures the diagnoses (after all the tests been done and all that jive) epilepsy is stated.

I'm not a doctor, the point which was so eloquently missed was that: Don't worry about it unless you got a diagnose!

Maybe you can find a spelling mistake and concentrate on that :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts