timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I will totally blame the beta testers if it is less than perfect.

Just joking. Thanks for all the effort guys and thanks to Mike for even listening.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I will totally blame the beta testers if it is less than perfect.

Just joking. Thanks for all the effort guys and thanks to Mike for even listening.

Hehe, I've got a platter all ready for at least my head to be served on!

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
One thing I like about the PC platform is that there is no wait on release day ... YET ... Just noticing that DX11 is not a magic switch that you turn on and all of a sudden all tables bask in the glory of darkness. Each table has to be created separately with the DX11 settings from what I am hearing. That means more work and hopefully that does not mean that PC joins the wait with xbox 1 and PS4 ... :0

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
One thing I like about the PC platform is that there is no wait on release day ... YET ... Just noticing that DX11 is not a magic switch that you turn on and all of a sudden all tables bask in the glory of darkness. Each table has to be created separately with the DX11 settings from what I am hearing. That means more work and hopefully that does not mean that PC joins the wait with xbox 1 and PS4 ... :0

The wait with PS4 and Xbone has to do with their approval process, not extra time lighting. Should be day and date on PC. Unless I'm terribly mistaken.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I noticed you can launch TPA in DX11 mode on steam now, but it says missing executable, presuming this is because I'm not actually a BETA tester? Does anyone else get this option?

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I noticed you can launch TPA in DX11 mode on steam now, but it says missing executable, presuming this is because I'm not actually a BETA tester? Does anyone else get this option?

Yes.
Just have to wait it out.
Maybe play another game in the meantime
GTA 5 on PC is coming out in 3 days.
Think that will keep me busy for a while ;)

Last edited:

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
It just gets better and better with each build, I think everyone is going agree that this game is gorgeous, its got along way to go and is already looking better in dx11 than with OpenGL on ps4, pc users this is worth the wait!

Shanerion

Apr 7, 2015
It just gets better and better with each build, I think everyone is going agree that this game is gorgeous, its got along way to go and is already looking better in dx11 than with OpenGL on ps4, pc users this is worth the wait!

Nate! If you're actually in the beta, push them to make the room darkness even lower! The "dark" setting on PS4 and Xbox just isn't that dark really, and doesn't leave enough room for the lights' ambient glow.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Nate! If you're actually in the beta, push them to make the room darkness even lower! The "dark" setting on PS4 and Xbox just isn't that dark really, and doesn't leave enough room for the lights' ambient glow.

I think you'll be happy. :)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I thought everything was supposed to be so basic to convert between platforms :(

Surely if it was known that 55 tables would have to be tested and checked, the estimated 3 week window would've been discounted? What changed between then and now?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I thought everything was supposed to be so basic to convert between platforms :(

Surely if it was known that 55 tables would have to be tested and checked, the estimated 3 week window would've been discounted? What changed between then and now?

Mike would have to answer that one (and the release date questions), but I can say that it'll be better than the PS4 and Xbone versions.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
So if everything goes well we can focus on the when will there be cabinet options thread in late April.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts