Votes: 47 13.1%
  • Paragon™

Votes: 149 41.6%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I would love to see both tables Xenon and Paragon make it in, a really hard choice, but I voted for Xenon.
By the way what about a re-release of the "Sorcerer" Pinball Table from Pinball Hall of Fame/Classics from xbox360?

I think Farsight sold their Sorcerer machine to acquire other licenses or to buy other machines. The story is somewhere on this forum.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I know, that why I added the "just saying" . Besides I don't really care if Paragon or Xenon wins. I just checked all the facts on the IPD for the first time.
Xenon, project started in 1979, manufactured in 1980 .. ok enough hairsplitting :)

Yeah, my guess is that Farsight used the project started date (1979) which is what is listed on the header of Xenon's IPDB page.

They really are only a year apart; the major difference technology wise is that Xenon has a quite a bit more capable sound board. Paragon's sound is more like Genie (sounds when you hit things, no background noises, though from Youtube videos the bleeps and blips are not quite as annoying as Genie :) ).

I kind of lump the pins technology wise from 1977-1984 together, although there's a big sound difference from Flash and Gorgar on upward. If this was really a early SS poll, you could've put pins like Eight Ball Deluxe or Fathom on it and to me it would've fit. (If it was an actual EM poll however, very few tables after 1977 would qualify. :) )

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
So Xenon won the poll but now needs to win again in order to be made because the first results weren't good enough?

I agree. I didn't get a chance to vote on the first one and saw that Xenon was the clear winner. I voted Paragon here even though I'm not a big fan of single ball tables. MB is where it's at and got me addicted to pinball. I kind of agree with the above poster that mentioned Xenon has the BOP feel.

frosty

Jun 9, 2014
Indeed the sound board is an electronic nightmare, so glad Pinball arcade can take control of this. Xenon needs to be addressed to move on to Space Invaders. Apology for not introducing myself I am an arcade engineer and it is an honor to be some part of the forum.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Yeah, my guess is that Farsight used the project started date (1979) which is what is listed on the header of Xenon's IPDB page.

They really are only a year apart; the major difference technology wise is that Xenon has a quite a bit more capable sound board. Paragon's sound is more like Genie (sounds when you hit things, no background noises, though from Youtube videos the bleeps and blips are not quite as annoying as Genie :) ).

I kind of lump the pins technology wise from 1977-1984 together, although there's a big sound difference from Flash and Gorgar on upward. If this was really a early SS poll, you could've put pins like Eight Ball Deluxe or Fathom on it and to me it would've fit. (If it was an actual EM poll however, very few tables after 1977 would qualify. :) )

Yes, those who are looking for a real classic table should vote for Fireball.
While it is true that Xenon is more modern then Paragon, I'd say both tables don't really fit in this poll.

But yeah, every table poll is very emotional here...
Fireball, Paragon, Xenon, Seawitch, Eight Ball Dlx, Fathom, I want them all.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I think Farsight sold their Sorcerer machine to acquire other licenses or to buy other machines. The story is somewhere on this forum.

They sold ALL of their Williams machines after PHOF and had to rebuy any game they wanted to add to TPA.

The thing about Sorcerer is that they only had one WMS license remaining and chose to do Fish Tales instead of Sorcerer. Of course, they've renewed their deal with Williams, so they could do Sorcerer now if they wanted.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
They sold ALL of their Williams machines after PHOF and had to rebuy any game they wanted to add to TPA.

The thing about Sorcerer is that they only had one WMS license remaining and chose to do Fish Tales instead of Sorcerer. Of course, they've renewed their deal with Williams, so they could do Sorcerer now if they wanted.

The problem with this is that FS backed themselves into a corner with their "story" about having given us the PHOF titles for free. Now if they release it, they'll have to release it at a loss paired with another table, unless they want to lose face and contradict themselves.

That being said, I bet a Fireball/Sorcerer pack would sell like crazy.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012

But there was a time where Farsight recreated tables without having the actual machines. They just went to the arcade and took pictures. This was before PHOF?
I didn't know they bought all the machines (except sorcerer) twice.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
there's no denying the passion that this thread has generated... i'd now feel bad for whichever table's fans who don't get to experience their table recreated.

please Farsight, do the only right thing and delight all of your fans ....make both and sell as a nostalgia double pack

no, i mean, make all three and really wow us

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
But there was a time where Farsight recreated tables without having the actual machines. They just went to the arcade and took pictures. This was before PHOF?
I didn't know they bought all the machines (except sorcerer) twice.

They didn't have the tables for the Gottlieb collection, they took a bazillion pics at the PHOF in Vegas. For the Williams collection, they did buy tables, though I don't know if it was all of them or not. Definitely they had the DMD machines.

The very first time I visited FarSight, which was right at the end of the first season, I could swear I saw Sorcerer there. Hard to forget those eyes. Unfortunately I can't confirm with any of the photos I took.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Hope Sorcerer is in a future table release I love it and would buy one in real life if the opportunity ever arises, Xenon is great although I voted for Paragon just on release date alone and it is a great player. I'm afraid Farsight is going to make Xenon real easy and that had a lot to do with my voting as well.

Tarik

Banned
Dec 27, 2014
The problem with this is that FS backed themselves into a corner with their "story" about having given us the PHOF titles for free. Now if they release it, they'll have to release it at a loss paired with another table, unless they want to lose face and contradict themselves.
They already contradicted themselves because the first Season you could buy all tables separately and at that time they were charging us for the PHOF tables. Saying they gave the tables for free was not the truth.

Here's the price list in case everyone forgot about it:

Price per Table Pack = $4.99
  1. Medieval Madness ($2.99) - The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot ($2.99)
  2. Cirqus Voltaire ($2.99) - Funhouse ($2.99)
  3. Gorgar ($1.99) - Monster Bash ($3.99)
  4. Black Knight ($1.99) - Creature from the Black Lagoon ($3.99)
  5. Harley-Davidson Third Edition ($2.99) - Taxi ($2.99)
  6. Elvira and the Party Monsters ($2.99) - No Good Gofers ($2.99)
  7. Big Shot ($1.99) - Scared Stiff ($3.99)

With thanks to this forum for putting up that price list and to Archive.org to make a snapshot of that post before it got changed.

https://web.archive.org/web/2014062...MATION-On-FarSight-Studios-The-Pinball-Arcade

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
(..) at that time they were charging us for the PHOF tables. Saying they gave the tables for free was not the truth.

Did you ever play PHOF? Different game, TPA is far superior.
If you buy Fifa Soccer or Madden Football once, do you expect to get all upcoming version for free, for the rest of your life?

Members online

Members online