Tournament starting Feb 6 2015

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
For those not getting/reading the FS Newsletter, a new PS3/VITA tournament (*) will start February 6.

Tables:
Fish Tales
High Speed
Bride of Pin*bot
Tee'd Off
Eldorado: City of Gold
Gorgar
Centaur
Big Shot

WARNING: since we haven't heard anything from FS re the Tournament Tier Demotion Bug, I suggest you do not access the tournament at all on VITA if you plan to play on PS3.

(*) Did you notice it's no longer "PSN Tournament"? Looks like PS4 will be shut out again.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
I dont play tournaments anymore, but what on horrible idea to put BoP on a tournament.... who will be the more lucky and will have most billions on 20mn?

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
Probably whoever plays the most games. I love the tournaments. I was disappointed to learn it doesn't start until 6th February as I'm off work this week, I was hoping it'd be on now.
I like the line up for this one. I thought the last tournament over christmas/new year was the best. I have finally scraped into gold so my aim is to retain gold for the next one. Failing that, not to come last!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Always happy to enter a tournament, although it begins to get old, because of the unlimited attempts.

20mn and 5 credits per table would be perfect because it would induce more randomness and more suspense in the leaderboards.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Always happy to enter a tournament, although it begins to get old, because of the unlimited attempts.

20mn and 5 credits per table would be perfect because it would induce more randomness and more suspense in the leaderboards.

I have limited time to play anyway, but how about say 40 (= 8x5) credits total, up to you which tables you want to use them for. That gives you a couple more chances on the drain monsters. Or maybe 60 bronze, 50 silver, 40 gold tier?

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I have limited time to play anyway, but how about say 40 (= 8x5) credits total, up to you which tables you want to use them for. That gives you a couple more chances on the drain monsters. Or maybe 60 bronze, 50 silver, 40 gold tier?

That's a great idea. I'd love to see that implemented. On iOS as well.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Ugh. So if I am gold right now and don't play at all I assume that I will be bumped down next tournament?

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that if you don't play at all you will stay as you are, you only get bumped if you play and don't make the cut. What exactly constitutes "playing" I don't know however... I'd assume that would mean posting a score on a table, not just looking at the screen that says there's a tourney active or looking at the list of the tables.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
I hope, there will be a tournament for PS4 in the future.
So sad, that the PS4 version lags behind its opportunities.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
[MENTION=5029]Silverball67[/MENTION] I would have bought a PS4 a long time ago, just for TPA. But it appears a lot is lacking. Sound issues. No rumble (even PHoF on PS2 had that). No Tournaments (that's why instead of "PSN Tournament" it's now "PS3/VITA Tournament". I'm not too sure if this is a case of chicken-and-egg problem and it's dependent on the number of PS4 players.

One thing's for sure though. I hope when PS4 is added I don't want to have to start back in Bronze and with 0 points in the All Time Rank.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that if you don't play at all you will stay as you are, you only get bumped if you play and don't make the cut. What exactly constitutes "playing" I don't know however... I'd assume that would mean posting a score on a table, not just looking at the screen that says there's a tourney active or looking at the list of the tables.

This doesn't seem entirely correct. I did the first tournament they had on PSN, which should have put me into gold. I played another one about 16 months later and I was competing in silver. There's definitely some kind of dropoff, but no idea how it works.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
When is it starting then? I've got home from work, all ready to play and it's same old message about the last tournament.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
This doesn't seem entirely correct. I did the first tournament they had on PSN, which should have put me into gold. I played another one about 16 months later and I was competing in silver. There's definitely some kind of dropoff, but no idea how it works.

There was no gold, just Bronze to start, silver, then gold was added.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
The start hour changes for each tournament. It can be in the morning or at 23h GMT.

7am Saturday morning MST - no tournament yet - hope it kicks in this weekend when I can put some time in and play - the weekdays get messed up with work...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.