Tournament starting Feb 6 2015

Gatchan77

Dec 2, 2014
New post on facebook

Without further delay, we just launched a week long timed PS3/Vita tournament! Get in there and rack up those scores!!!

Tables:
Fish Tales™
High Speed™
Bride of Pin*bot™
Tee'd Off™
Eldorado City of Gold™
Gorgar™
Centaur™
Big Shot™

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
alright! though this round'll suck... i generally don't do well on any of those tables! ("ahh'mm - surrre - wishin' weee werrren't gowwan' fishin..." little ditty i always think when the "fish tales" tune starts up)

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Well it seems my PSN name is screwed up in the tournament, not sure why and how it happened.
My name is correct with the scores of non tournament tables.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
thing i love about getting in early... lol getting to see my scores in the top ten!! ;) that won't last long though... still i was gettin' ROBBED some tables! oh well, i'll do a round of them every day this week if i can; see when my "epic" games kick in...

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
That's what happened with me, so now in Bronze I may have a chance to climb higher on the leader boards, or not.

A couple of tournaments ago a lot of gold level seasoned players got kicked out to bronze - believe playing on both vita and ps3 ( alternating between them) was the cause. When the final scores came out the bronze level put up higher scores than the gold level :)

I actually feel bad for all the new players in bronze. "Hey noobs welcome to pinball arcade and your first tournament where you will play against others who are at your same skill level and experience!"

Meanwhile the new players are scratching their heads and asking "how the heck are these guys putting up 7 billion + scores on BOP in 20 minutes ???

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
A couple of tournaments ago a lot of gold level seasoned players got kicked out to bronze - believe playing on both vita and ps3 ( alternating between them) was the cause. When the final scores came out the bronze level put up higher scores than the gold level :)

I actually feel bad for all the new players in bronze. "Hey noobs welcome to pinball arcade and your first tournament where you will play against others who are at your same skill level and experience!"

Meanwhile the new players are scratching their heads and asking "how the heck are these guys putting up 7 billion + scores on BOP in 20 minutes ???

I don't have a vita, so maybe for me it was my series of ranking low in the Gold tournament the last few times. :)
BOP, is hit or miss with me, sometimes I dread the grind to get to point of getting a chance at the billion just to have one of the balls drain.
Rinse and repeat to try it again.
I look forward in giving BOP a run again for several Billion this time.
Also I hope they fix my Psn name in the tournament, not sure why it's messed up.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I don't have a vita, so maybe for me it was my series of ranking low in the Gold tournament the last few times. :)
BOP, is hit or miss with me, sometimes I dread the grind to get to point of getting a chance at the billion just to have one of the balls drain.
Rinse and repeat to try it again.
I look forward in giving BOP a run again for several Billion this time.
Also I hope they fix my Psn name in the tournament, not sure why it's messed up.

Check out the tips and tricks on the bop section of this forum - there is a video of a talented member showing a good grinding strategy for the billionaire club. I was able to get up to 4 billion in the iOS gold tournament. It was a lot of fun learning how to do it and it takes a bit of skill and lots of luck. But a warning that it might ruin the table for you as you realize it's pointless to do anything else on the table.

Oct 15, 2013
#8 high score on Big Shot in Bronze.:) Barely hitting any specials too. It seems the ball drains just when I get the special to light! The left outlane seems nastier than usual too. Does anybody know if Farsight tweaks the tables for tournaments? (Makes them harder) Also the timer in the lower left hand corner of the screen is cut off. Anybody else notice that or is it just me? First time I've been in the top ten score list. I've only done one other tournament but hardly had any of the tables. This time around I have all of them except Fish Tales and High Speed.

Season 3 50% off sale would be nice. I enjoyed the recent Season 2 sale.:cool:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I only play it on the Vita. I was dropped from Gold down to Bronze, and then for the Kickstarter tournament I was in Gold. Who knows? The tournaments aren't that big of a deal to me, so whatever.

edit: I'm in Gold.

kategator

Jun 25, 2014
help me bug tournement

I am a problem with the new tournament. I finish 6 in gold in last tournement and today i am in silver.
Please help me. I speak french and my english is not good. Sorry for that.
Thanks

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I am a problem with the new tournament. I finish 6 in gold in last tournement and today i am in silver.
Please help me. I speak french and my english is not good. Sorry for that.
Thanks

I don't think it's a bug, I was in gold last several tournaments and now I'm in Bronze now.
Kind of glad because my ass was getting handed to me every tournament.
The only problem I have now is my PSN ID for the tournament is messed up.

Malpeine

Oct 9, 2012
(sorry for my bad English please, hope you will understand me)

I was surprised the first time when i heard "Hurry up !" and looked around me for the Gopher :rolleyes:. I take several game to understand (slow minded inside) that it is time to collect the bonus :p !

/Edit
I must say to clarify that i don't have clock in tournament.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
(sorry for my bad English please, hope you will understand me)

I was surprised the first time when i heard "Hurry up !" and looked around me for the Gopher :rolleyes:. I take several game to understand (slow minded inside) that it is time to collect the bonus :p !

I always thought the gopher hurry up line was from no good gophers... It's from teed off?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I don't think it's a bug, I was in gold last several tournaments and now I'm in Bronze now.
Kind of glad because my ass was getting handed to me every tournament.
The only problem I have now is my PSN ID for the tournament is messed up.

Maybe check your psn account - did your name get changed? - that would explain why you are in bronze.

Do you own any meddling kids?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts