TPA licensing agreement with Sony Pictures

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I have that Esposito song in a workout mix of songs. I put it with a whole bunch of other 80's montage type tunes. It's rad.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Gotta get Robert tepper on there for no easy way out, too!

It already is!

Workout 1
*Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky) - Bill Conti
*Go Speed Racer Go (Film Version) - Ali Dee & the
Deekompressors
*You're The Best - Joe Esposito (yeah, Karate Kid!!)
*Go! - Tones On Tail (this is the kick my ass song)
*America, F**k Yeah - Team America soundtrack
*Heart's On Fire - John Cafferty (Rocky in the snow)
*Montage - Team America soundtrack
*No Easy Way Out - Robert Tepper (another Rocky song)
*Barracuda - Heart
*Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor (just buy the Rocky
Balboa Soundtrack, 'kay?)
*Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler

Workout II
*Danger Zone (Theme From Top Gun) - Kenny Loggins
*Working For The Weekend - Loverboy
*I'm Free (Heaven Helps The Man) - Kenny Loggins
(from Footloose)
*Dance Your Ass Off - RTZ (early 90's techno)
*Let Your Body Learn - Nitzer Ebb (another beat
pounder)
*Going The Distance - Bill Conti (Rocky vs Mr T)
*Common People - William Shatner (!!)
*I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - My Chemical Romance
*Hot For Teacher - Van Halen
*Back In Black - AC/DC (yeah, a workout must)
*Techno Syndrome - The Immortals (Mortal Kombat theme
song...just yell "MORTAL KOMBAT" and you'll know it)
*Bang On! - The Propellerheads
*Chick Habit - April March (closing credit song from
Tarantino's 'Death Proof')

Last edited:

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Isn't Zen already providing original content? I would prefer to see FS stick to recreations. There are still a lot of great tables that could be made. In addition, FS seems to be stretched way to thin as it is when it comes to projects. I would like to see some progress on the already mentioned projects before going this route...YMMV

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Thats a pretty awesome work out mix!

Yeah, no kidding! Nothing from Over the Top but that wasn't the best soundtrack, at least not to pull workout songs. I think "Far From Over" by Sly's bro Frank needs to be on Workout Mix 3. Especially if you ever get into Synchronized swimming.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
It already is!

Workout 1
*Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky) - Bill Conti
*Go Speed Racer Go (Film Version) - Ali Dee & the
Deekompressors
*You're The Best - Joe Esposito (yeah, Karate Kid!!)
*Go! - Tones On Tail (this is the kick my ass song)
*America, F**k Yeah - Team America soundtrack
*Heart's On Fire - John Cafferty (Rocky in the snow)
*Montage - Team America soundtrack
*No Easy Way Out - Robert Tepper (another Rocky song)
*Barracuda - Heart
*Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor (just buy the Rocky
Balboa Soundtrack, 'kay?)
*Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler
')

This. Is. The. Best. Workout. Mix. Ever.

Almost. I guess I should say, best idea for a workout mix ever. I can't believe I didn't think of this. The one song I have to add is "Thunder in Your Heart" from Rad(underrated movie BTW). Also, there's no way I could have any Team America songs in there. Way, way too funny.

Last edited:

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Enough said.

johnny_mnemonic-pinball-flyer.jpg

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
If you listen to the latest Blahcade podcast - (and you should! ) one of the things Bobby King from Farsight Studios talks about is a bulk licensing deal with Sony Pictures. He doesn't give out table details, but here is a list of Sony Pictures & related properties to get you thinking:

• Krull
  • Starship Troopers
  • Last Action Hero
  • Godzilla
  • Goldeneye
  • Mary Shelley ' s Frankenstein
  • Johnny Mnemonic
  • Spiderman

Think about those & smile :)...

You forgot Data East's Hook, which looks kinda good.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
What about the actor likeness fees, though? I don't think Sony will pay those for Farsight. Could be wrong, though.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
If you listen to the latest Blahcade podcast - (and you should! ) one of the things Bobby King from Farsight Studios talks about is a bulk licensing deal with Sony Pictures. He doesn't give out table details, but here is a list of Sony Pictures & related properties to get you thinking:

• Krull
  • Starship Troopers
  • Last Action Hero
  • Godzilla
  • Goldeneye
  • Mary Shelley ' s Frankenstein
  • Johnny Mnemonic
  • Spiderman

Think about those & smile :)...
-----------
ya got my attn.:cool:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
When FarSight secured the Sony brand rights to tables, this was a package with royalties paid for the most part. Which is how licensing works. There are some exceptions but you receive the permission to go ahead with the 'licensed media" , and the parent company has assumedly secured permissions from actors/musicians as part of their contracts before hand.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
re: pete's awesome list:

1981- Heavy Metal (all the art would be sick on this table, such a great animated film) - ohhh this would be freakin' AWESOME! done right, would blow any old machine like "centaur" or whatever out of the water!

1982- Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl (becouse it's the only monty python they own) - would be fa-reakin' hilarious! though about any terry gilliam movie post-python would be cool ("time bandits pb" anyone? :) or how about, god forbid, "fear and loathing: the pinball machine"?...)

1993-Robin Hood: Men in Tights (this would be pretty funny)
1995-Dracula: Dead and Loving It (also pretty funny)
- rmmm well, if it were possible to do a "blazing saddles" or "young frankenstein" table, -those- would be hilarious! but, i have to admit, i'd never seen RH or DDALI... realizing that DDALI isn't mr. brooks, was it? (a super-long shot - "the producers"?? lol! a broadway pb could be pretty freakin' outrageous; the stage musical was even funnier than the original! the movie version of it strangely seemed toned down and played it safer...)

1997-Men in Black (seems like a give in but I'd rather prefer any of the other things on this list) - a rather obviously awesome idea! :)

also, i've never seen johnny mneumonic pb (i'll hafta go find some youtube vids if i can now to see) - but sounds like it would be a great addition to TPA! i hope that machine had lots of samples from the soundtrack; that's a "drinking game" flick hehe! :) "I WANT A TEN-THOUSAND-DOLLAR-A-NIGHT HOOKER!"

p.s. - ooooohh just checked out some vids - JM is a must-buy off the bat! :) crazy cyber-robot hands at the top; that'd be an interesting feature for FS to program! seems like the video modes are lengthy; not much for that, but rrrreeeallly looks cool and fun overall! could be a good attention-grabber for tpa!

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
When FarSight secured the Sony brand rights to tables, this was a package with royalties paid for the most part. Which is how licensing works. There are some exceptions but you receive the permission to go ahead with the 'licensed media" , and the parent company has assumedly secured permissions from actors/musicians as part of their contracts before hand.

Yeah, I was thinking that would be the case when I remembered Ghostbusters was plastered with actor likenesses and voice clips!

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I forgot this means farsight could also do Gottlieb's Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Oh man. Good call. I'd love to see an original table using the end encounter sequence light show. No mod like Ghostbusters. I'd love to see either TPA or Zen tackle it. I wonder if Speilberg would let them?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.