TPA PS4 US launch countdown!

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
I asked for more open and honest communication with customers about the pinball arcade releases.

That is constructive. I'm expressing an issue with the general lack of and frequent issues inherent with farsights communication regarding the product.

If they communicated more, there wouldn't be so many people constantly confused and inquiring about what is going on.
If they were more straight on when/how things are delayed we also would see less confusion and complaining as given time frames are passed by and replaced. People just want to have some idea when the game is coming so they can buy it.

That is a suggestion for improvement.

Sorry, but you come off solidly as just wanting to silence me for taking issue with these things.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I asked for more open and honest communication with customers about the pinball arcade releases.

That is constructive. I'm expressing an issue with the general lack of and frequent issues inherent with farsights communication regarding the product.

If they communicated more, there wouldn't be so many people constantly confused and inquiring about what is going on.
If they were more straight on when/how things are delayed we also would see less confusion and complaining as given time frames are passed by and replaced. People just want to have some idea when the game is coming so they can buy it.

That is a suggestion for improvement.

Sorry, but you come off solidly as just wanting to silence me for taking issue with these things.

All I'm asking you to do is correct the issue I have brought to your attention.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It's not just FarSight that has these problems with Sony. Other indie and small devs also play the wait for release game. Sony just isn't very good with dealing with the small guys. Unless there's something seriously wrong with their resubmition then I'm sure Sony will release it sometime this month. None of us are going to die waiting for it to release.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
If I *am* about to die waiting for it to come out, I'll try to scrawl a note alerting whoever finds me to donate my PS4 to someone on this board. : o

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Well hopefully we see TPA on PS4 prior to ZEN FX2! I think FS will get it done, as why release after your competition does, not going to help sales... FS is smarter than that...Hang in there guys! Unless ZEN is preferred by SONY, in back door deal to be out first over TPA...insert conspiracy here_______.

Couldn't help notice ZEN bloger says if you purchased tables on Vita or PS3 you get those tables free on PS4. NOW THATS A HUGE PLUS! If true..

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
"Couldn't help notice ZEN bloger says if you purchased tables on Vita or PS3 you get those tables free on PS4. NOW THATS A HUGE PLUS! If true.."

Free crap is just that, free crap. If it was good to begin with that would be different. Would rather pay for TPA, twice.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Well hopefully we see TPA on PS4 prior to ZEN FX2! I think FS will get it done, as why release after your competition does, not going to help sales... FS is smarter than that...Hang in there guys! Unless ZEN is preferred by SONY, in back door deal to be out first over TPA...insert conspiracy here_______.

Couldn't help notice ZEN bloger says if you purchased tables on Vita or PS3 you get those tables free on PS4. NOW THATS A HUGE PLUS! If true..

But didn't exactly that happen on Steam AND PS Vita? Then there is the Wii U which has had Zen Pinball for a while now and still no TPA. It seems TPA is just destined to be the one which gets constantly delayed on every platform. :(

I have had some money waiting on my PSN account to buy season 1 on PS4, but the long its delayed the more likely I won't have enough left.

But I'm REALLY itching to see No Good Gofers on PS4, it looks vastly better on PC than PS3, so the PS4 build should be sweet. As I have said before, my TV has a lot of latency even in Game mode so the PS3 version is unplayable but the PC version shaves enough off for it to be tolerable. I really REALLY hope the PS4 version remains as low latency.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Today on their Facebook, FarSight said in a reply:

The Pinball Arcade: We are having issues with sony regarding our discount offering, which is causing a delay, we haven't been pushed too far, the game has already been submitted and approved... we have to wait until dealings with sony on this issue are complete in order for them to release. Please bear with us, the wait is almost over.

Kind of surprised there's still "dealings" going on!! Hopefully it all gets sorted out soon.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Its no surprise really seeing as the Playstation Store is glitchy for simple cross-buy deals. Its likely it never was designed to offer "buy three, get this other thing half price" deals so it could require a lot of work for Sony to implement the scheme.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I wouldnt hold your breath as Boomerang a UK rental service said the disc release was 29th November, UK PS4 launch day, but it wasn't.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
The Pinball Arcade We haven't heard from Sony yet whether or not we have a 100% official date, but things look good right now for a release on the 17th or the 24th. We are very sorry for the delay, this discount issue has caused a massive headache for Sony, us, and you, the fans. Rest assured we are doing everything possible to push a release the moment we are able, and when we've received word from Sony on a more official date, we will let all of you know.
Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hours ago

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, and a little after that they also added in mention of the EU release in response to someone asking about it:

The Pinball Arcade It will release at the same time as the us version, we're still waiting to hear back from Sony for a 100% date but right now it's looking to be either the 17th or the 24th (obviously we're hoping for the 17th)

Hm, the EU PS4 store still updates on Wednesdays as far as I can tell, whereas the NA one updates on Tuesdays, so technically it would be the 18th or the 25th over there.

Last edited:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Gutted this still isn't out, and bloody zen it coming out too, why don't Farsight ever have any good luck?
Why didn't they just credit people's psn accounts who'd bought the season packs with 10-20 dollars or whatever instead? Would have been much easier.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
This delay has to be hard for FarSight. As a PS4 owner who received their's soon after launch, I can tell you that if TPA would have been a launch title, I believe it would have sold quite well. Unless you're a first person or Assassin's Creed junkie, there wasn't much available. Especially on PSN. Fortunately for FarSight, there still isn't much available yet. Unfortunately, Zen Pinball will also be coming this month which will eat into the pinball sim marketshare. Oh well. Too late now.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
What is the TPA discount I've seen mentioned in this thread? Although I suppose I can go hunting for this info easily enough...

50% off the Season One pack if you own at least four of the Season One tables on PS3/Vita. I'll put this type of info at the beginning of the thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.