Twitch at 3:00 PM and a table poll

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I'd love to try Earthshaker, but does it have a family mode on it? I saw on the Pinball Wizard website in the Dimension of Sound section that the game has the b word in it. Will that be removed from the game? Because I'm not buying it if it's left in.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
It probably is going to be Family Mode, played Earthshaker! in Pelham and the B-word wasn't really that impacting on the gameplay.

Feb 19, 2014
I too will boycot the game if the phrase *****in is left out.

Wait what?

The word is so filthy you can't even say it on the forum! Thank God for censorship. We can't have people subjected to such language! Thankfully we have family friendly, E rated tables like Bride of Pinbot anytime we want to get away from pure sleeze and filth like EarthShaker!

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
LOL! Couldn't agree more. It would be fine if you could play the uncensored version WITHOUT buying the pro version, and WITHOUT disqualifying you from leaderboards and achievements, AND it would save your preference... I find it offensive that these tables that they're "preserving" are being altered...

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I just went to the Texas show and played all three tables last week. Diner was the best Cyclone 2nd and EARTHSHAKER was no big deal at all. I voted for DINER!

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I'm guessing Earthshaker would go to family mode, but, if I remember correctly, at least one game on Pinball Arcade has the word left in. I think other E10 games were able to get away with similar language.

Feb 19, 2014
LOL! Couldn't agree more. It would be fine if you could play the uncensored version WITHOUT buying the pro version, and WITHOUT disqualifying you from leaderboards and achievements, AND it would save your preference... I find it offensive that these tables that they're "preserving" are being altered...

I'm happy that it's included at all though it does suck it's extra, I don't mind it personally since I like owning the pro mode when available.

A serious run at the leaderboard can take hours, so some times I set up the tables with extra ball off or limited, and tweak other stuff for fun, shorter games.

Having the extra speech makes the game more enjoyable. Even something as simple as "I really enjoy killing these Martians" adds to the overall speech package and enjoyment. These phrases are there for a reason. Elvira is the worst though it just sounds so bland in family mode.

I'm not sure if that guys joking or not, but back in the 90s people actually did complain about EarthShaker and Williams had to make new Roms. Might have been the first family mode/censorship ever in pinball.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
These are all great games. I don't care which one wins. Though, if they're doing a System 11 poll, I'm curious as to why they skipped over F-14 Tomcat, which finished higher than Cyclone in the big Williams poll.

Haven't decided on a vote yet. I'll think about it a bit and vote it later.

Also, in the case of Earthshaker, there is no "family mode" like in the Elvira games. It is a completely separate ROM revision. There's no option to toggle it in the operator menu.

I just went to the Texas show and played all three tables last week. Diner was the best Cyclone 2nd and EARTHSHAKER was no big deal at all. I voted for DINER!

Earthshaker is a game that I feel takes some time to grow on you. Once you really get into it, it all clicks, and it's absolutely fantastic.

Whirlwind was the same way to me. I just didn't like the way it played at first, but once i got the ramp shots down, it all became ten times better. Same deal with Earthshaker. Those ramp shots are essential.

Another thing I like about Earthshaker is that it makes you work for that jackpot. It's hard as hell to make the first ramp shot and then the second ramp shot while keeping all the balls in play.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online