Version 1.40.x

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Well then just stop releasing new tables and charge one month for bug fixing, or do a kickstarter to help out for your poor quality assurance and bad management. Everybody would be happy with that.

Uh.......wow.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Well then just stop releasing new tables and charge one month for bug fixing, or do a kickstarter to help out for your poor quality assurance and bad management. Everybody would be happy with that.

There are issues yes, but as we have seen, PBA is being supported and these issues are constantly being addressed, it will just take time bud, just enjoy the ride, perfection takes time, they will get there. ;)

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah that came out a bit harsh. I was in a bad mood because I had to the same arguments at work, why something can't be done because of processes that are in place for so long etc.
No improvement without change.
I am still a fan and currently TPA is very playable.
All I wanted to say that some more active steps towards bug fixing would be nice. And most people (here) would appreciate this even if some sacrifice had to be made in terms of table release etc.
I know, monthly income etc. Life is a *****.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I guess I'm on the other side of this. I'd rather they continue releasing tables. The majority of the bugs in the list seem pretty minor to me - sound missing or starting too late, lights not triggering or too dim, some art work issues. Only the ones that impact actual gameplay I can see needing addressing at some point - balls going through the table or modes not triggering as they should.

But honestly I'm perfectly fine with the tables as is. If I can launch the tables, play them, and complete my game then I'm pretty satisfied.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I'm in the spit and polish camp. I'd rather see a 3 month break in new tables to concentrate on bug fixes and improvements to existing content. Tournaments could be revamped, physics could be tweaked, artwork issues corrected, scripted tables converted to emulation, etc.. I don't expect it to happen, and I am all too familiar with "struggling to change a flat tire while the vehicle is moving down the road". Nobody will pull over and take care of the issue, not because they don't want to, or that they don't understand the problem, but it simply is not an option. We do the best we can given the situation.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
As a newb to the scene, I can understand frustration with long awaited bug fixes and refinement request. And still, I must say for the fifteen bucks I paid for the steam version of season 2, the amount of fun I've had with TPA has been remarkable. Aside from ASK Homeworks Zaccaria package for iOS, I can't think of a time when I've ever purchased so much enjoyment for so little in a video game package. Also - the new dx11 lighting seems a major improvement vibe wise over dx9. I'm really happy with TPA.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
As a newb to the scene, I can understand frustration with long awaited bug fixes and refinement request. And still, I must say for the fifteen bucks I paid for the steam version of season 2, the amount of fun I've had with TPA has been remarkable. Aside from ASK Homeworks Zaccaria package for iOS, I can't think of a time when I've ever purchased so much enjoyment for so little in a video game package. Also - the new dx11 lighting seems a major improvement vibe wise over dx9. I'm really happy with TPA.

Yep, a wonderful value to be sure. It is like having a new Ferrari, but with one of those tiny, temporary spare tires on the front that keeps the car's full potential from being realized.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I'd be fine with a year of no new tables at all if it meant they'd fix all of the glitches across every single version and improve the Vita engine.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'd be fine with a year of no new tables at all if it meant they'd fix all of the glitches across every single version and improve the Vita engine.
I wouldn't, and I doubt that many other people would. I'd make a poll, but I'm not sure that you're not joking... :)

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
The problem with no new tables and going full bug testing and fixing would mean no money coming into FS, and no money or limited money would mean none or limited support, or even worse, FS going out of business, and that would mean nothing at all, no bug fixing and no more tables, catch 22. :(

I personally love getting new tables, i am chapping at the bit for season 5 to start, my cash is ready in my steam wallet for me 5th season pass, you hear me FS, it is there, waiting for you, come and get it. :) lol

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
New tables will always get the priority (as it should be) but when it comes to bug fixing, they really should take care of the scripted tables first.

This was not such a big problem for me before,(since I did not play those tables that much) but after playing Fire Power in the tournament I really got frustrated about all the bugs. Switches not scoring when they should etc. I believe this is true for all the scripted tables(especially the later ones like Black knight, Fire Power, Gorgar etc)

Last edited:

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
The problem with no new tables and going full bug testing and fixing would mean no money coming into FS, and no money or limited money would mean none or limited support, or even worse, FS going out of business, and that would mean nothing at all, no bug fixing and no more tables, catch 22. :(

I personally love getting new tables, i am chapping at the bit for season 5 to start, my cash is ready in my steam wallet for me 5th season pass, you hear me FS, it is there, waiting for you, come and get it. :) lol

Same here.My wallet is ready.Come and get it Faright lol

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013

If only we could get our friends and family to think this way about FS!!! I don't know about you guys, but I've had no luck. Its to the point where I'm forcing people to play.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
If only we could get our friends and family to think this way about FS!!! I don't know about you guys, but I've had no luck. Its to the point where I'm forcing people to play.

Jup, I don't know anyone in person who enjoys pinball like I do. Only a bunch of strangers on forums

L33

Aug 20, 2014
My personal thoughts are...once at the end of the current season FS should have a short break from adding a new table until all bugs are fixed...and for selfish reason, support the cabs :)

Bug wise, the more tables out there with bugs, the further behind they'll get with fixing them and there will eventually come a point where everything goes...for want of a better word...tits up. (Apologies but couldn't think of an alternative expression). It's inevitable.

Cab support wise, whilst it's great that some really clever people are coming up with ideas and programs to improve gameplay, if FS integrated these options into the software that would obviously be the better option if that makes sense.

I think there are enough tables to keep us busy whilst everything could be sorted and improvements made...and ultimately it all leads to a better gaming experience. And I'm guessing that whilst there is always going to be people asking for new tables every month, I know someone personally who is on the side of wanting new tables every month...but hasn't even bought all the other tables. Ha ha...and yeah I do give him stick for it :)

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
My personal thoughts are...once at the end of the current season FS should have a short break from adding a new table until all bugs are fixed...and for selfish reason, support the cabs :)

Bug wise, the more tables out there with bugs, the further behind they'll get with fixing them and there will eventually come a point where everything goes...for want of a better word...tits up. (Apologies but couldn't think of an alternative expression). It's inevitable.

Cab support wise, whilst it's great that some really clever people are coming up with ideas and programs to improve gameplay, if FS integrated these options into the software that would obviously be the better option if that makes sense.

I think there are enough tables to keep us busy whilst everything could be sorted and improvements made...and ultimately it all leads to a better gaming experience. And I'm guessing that whilst there is always going to be people asking for new tables every month, I know someone personally who is on the side of wanting new tables every month...but hasn't even bought all the other tables. Ha ha...and yeah I do give him stick for it :)

That sums up my thoughts. And the term you where searching for was probably "belly up", but that only as a side note.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
It's possible they got wedged in the left side Getaway kicker area below the spin wheel. If it happens again, can you confirm what area the balls might be in? Thanks!

Sorry it took me so long to get back. It happened 1 more time during the tourney, this time I could clearly see 2 balls in the getaway kicker like you said, this time, the tables ball search ejected the balls 2 seconds before call attendant could do its thing so it said balls not stuck.

This may have been posted before but during multiball on Whirlwind, multiple games a ball would disappear durring multiball and respawn in the shooter lane. Not a huge deal but it does make an exploitable opportunity to inflate a score durring tournament play, it is much easier to control 1 ball and shoot million over and over risk free and just launch your 'saved' ball when done. I thought it may have happend when 2 or more balls hit the drop target close to the same time. Possibly for the brief time the drop is down the ball passes through?

Keep up the great work Flippy you the man

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Not sure if this is just AFM or it affects other tables (I'm willing to bet it does), but I got the game completely locked up with no way out but to kill the process.

Anyway what I did was get Martian Champion and entered initials, and then managed to start a new game while the 'Enter Initials' dialog was still displayed. Now all the ball launch does is press the "Select" button, which does nothing. Pressing [Esc] or Start on my controller which normally brings up the Pause menu does nothing. Pressing [Backspace] or B on the controller which normally goes back/closes dialogs does nothing. The only way out is to kill TPA.

00C8AFC5A907B2B2755C3A94D54B2CCC85695E09

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts