Version 1.40.x

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Is it normal that on Safe Cracker the bumpers and slingshots stay active after game over? Even if that's normal, they make no sound in that moment.

I don't currently have a way to fix this due to the way the physics work in game. When the ball collides with a slingshot it's bounce has the kick velocity added. So it doesn't know if the solenoid fires or not. When the game is tilted we disable this.

I considered disabling it at game over, but was afraid a false positive would cause them to stop working while playing.

As for Champion Pub, I'm working on a fix now.

slippy1972

Jul 24, 2015
I bought Safecracker on Friday but i can't play it because of the bug where it thinks I've purchased Starship Troopers. I mailed the Support email address but nothings changed as Safecracker still appears in the Seaaon 4 list rather than in My Tables. whats odd is that when i bought it, it did appear in My Tables but after restarting Steam it didn't

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I bought Safecracker on Friday but i can't play it because of the bug where it thinks I've purchased Starship Troopers. I mailed the Support email address but nothings changed as Safecracker still appears in the Seaaon 4 list rather than in My Tables. whats odd is that when i bought it, it did appear in My Tables but after restarting Steam it didn't

Send me a PM with your farsight account and steam name and I'll see if I can get it resolved for you.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
@Metalzoid
I don't like timed gameplay.

You're talking about Safe Cracker? I was talking about people not liking Champion Pub earlier. I didn't think I like timed gameplay either. In fact I had zero interest in Safe Cracker, always have. Was actually a bit bummed that it was our last table and have never been interested in the real one. Didn't like the weirdness, the wings, the small size etc...

How wrong I was. I absolutely love this table. I love the cramped, fast play. I love the flow. Turns out I love the theme, the voices and effects, the music. The boardgame is fun and the payoff of busting the Vault and getting a token is one of the most satisfying pinball payoffs that I can think of. It's up there with the MM castle and taking down a main ship in Black Rose. I love it so much I was looking up real ones and damn this table still holds value.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
You're talking about Safe Cracker?...I love the cramped, fast play. I love the flow. Turns out I love the theme, the voices and effects, the music. The boardgame is fun and the payoff of busting the Vault and getting a token is one of the most satisfying pinball payoffs that I can think of. It's up there with the MM castle and taking down a main ship in Black Rose. I love it so much I was looking up real ones and damn this table still holds value.

Summed it up nicely. I love this table now. I only got to try the real thing once, about 3 games.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Last night I played a round of Assault on the Vault, 2 balls of the 4 disappeared during multiball. When time ran out, the table was doing its search for the lost balls in a never ending loop. Calling the attendant made both balls reappear in the shooter lane so that is good. Only the second time I have tried AOTV first time I have lost any ball on this table

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Last night I played a round of Assault on the Vault, 2 balls of the 4 disappeared during multiball. When time ran out, the table was doing its search for the lost balls in a never ending loop. Calling the attendant made both balls reappear in the shooter lane so that is good. Only the second time I have tried AOTV first time I have lost any ball on this table

It's possible they got wedged in the left side Getaway kicker area below the spin wheel. If it happens again, can you confirm what area the balls might be in? Thanks!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
It's possible they got wedged in the left side Getaway kicker area below the spin wheel. If it happens again, can you confirm what area the balls might be in? Thanks!

I tried looking close and periodicly nudging but could not see them. I will try to keep an eye on where they go. Fyi I got 2 balls in the kicker multiple times last night during the regular game mode and the both shot out no problem. Thanks for the quick reply, you guys are doing amazing work with the PC version I am so glad made the switch and got all seasons. The new flipper physics are nice please keep it up!

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
As for Champion Pub, I'm working on a fix now.

I covet what I can't have. Guess I am human. Keep hoping to see an update on Steam for TPA that would get this issue corrected. Only having 60 tables available instead of 61 is terrible. :rolleyes:

Are the preliminary investigations done? Does this issue appear to be fixable in the near future?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I covet what I can't have. Guess I am human. Keep hoping to see an update on Steam for TPA that would get this issue corrected. Only having 60 tables available instead of 61 is terrible. :rolleyes:

Are the preliminary investigations done? Does this issue appear to be fixable in the near future?

A fix for CPub and missing sound is in beta for Android right now so I imagine it's also out there for other platforms.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
New build is up

Version 1.40.9
- Can now set language for DX11 (it's in the General DX9 tab in the config tool)
- Fixed champion pub crash
- Art fixes for SafeCracker
- Can now view Assault on the Vault leaderboard
- Can now purchase season pro upgrades in app.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
New build is up

Trying to buy the Pro version of any table leads to this message (after about 20 sec. of nothing happening):

When clicking on "Buy All" it takes about another 20 sec. on nothing happening and then the game changes back to the table selection screen. Same with pressing "Weiter" (Continue)

DX11 & DX9 / German

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
New build is up

Version 1.40.9
- Can now set language for DX11 (it's in the General DX9 tab in the config tool)
- Fixed champion pub crash
- Art fixes for SafeCracker
- Can now view Assault on the Vault leaderboard

That last item is long overdue IMO. Thank you for the information and finally including the "pro upgrade" option.

Just read the last post by Xanija, and saw that there may be a glitch with that. Since money's tight for me, it may be a little bit before I can upgrade my PC tables. Can't speak for anyone else, but no rush for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts