Version 1.40.x

poposchmatzer

Dec 24, 2014
Does the tables look under the dx11 version a lot more blurry and shimmering then under dx9 like before, especially the chrome rails? Even with all settings.max out. Can't check it at the moment. If so, it keeps me away to make a bow.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
When I was playing the DX11 version earlier I was thinking it looked a bit less sharp than normal, but figured I was just imagining it.
Does it look a bit blurry to you?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
can you folks that feel the game is blurrier check that FXAA for Nvidia and MLAA for AMD video cards are turned off for the dx11 exe or just globally?

They're both post processing AA techniques that work fine for free AA in 3d shooters etc but add a blurry effect to the image and games were fine detail is wanted are very inappropriate.

AS well make sure your anisotropic filtering is set to 16x
Doing these things helped my image quality dramatically for me

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Please please do something so we can directly launch dx11 directly. Make a dedicated steam game or sth. Who needs the dx9 files anyway.
The game is great now, but every time I start it it takes four klicks and alt enter pressing... And actual reading of dialogue boxes. Not a great starting experience.

I want to second this.
Perhaps Farsite could use steam for a hardware survey and see how many are running dX11.
I think if the default was dx11 if you bypass the steamlauncher would solve so many problems for ,cab owners using front ends, those using the camera mod as well.

Perhaps in new UI make the choice of default mode an ini setting that auto selects the correct rendered

as well we could really use a Fullscreen Window option like the dx9 version
currently the only way to have an external animated Backglass is to use the dx11 version of the game in a window..when set to fullscreen it suspends the animation

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
I noticed something while playing Safe Cracker today. There is much less space under the right flipper than the left flipper.This also creates another problem. If I hold the right flipper up while draining from the right outlane, the ball gets stuck under the right flipper. Is this true to the real table as well? Just curios. Never played the real thing.

This was in dx11.

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
can you folks that feel the game is blurrier check that FXAA for Nvidia and MLAA for AMD video cards are turned off for the dx11 exe or just globally?

My AMD just auto-updated it's drivers the same day the TPA update came out so it's possible it changed a setting. It also installed some weird AMD control/game optimizing box that I have no idea if I should use, keep on, turn off, uninstall etc... EDIT: It's called AMD Gaming Evolved and keeps popping up some game DVR thing so I'll just keep it off, maybe delete it.

How would I even check for this MLAA setting?

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
OK so it looks like this MLAA setting is the morphological filtering setting and it was turned off already. I did up my texture quality filter and change my AA setting to adaptive multisampling and turned on edge detection.
Can't tell if it made a difference though. Turning on Supersampling did seem to make it a bit blurrier though.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Looks like I can add Safe Cracker to the list along with Starship Troopers and Ripley's that lose a ball during a multiball play.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Looks like I can add Safe Cracker to the list along with Starship Troopers and Ripley's that lose a ball during a multiball play.

A ball trough really should be created in most of the tables that can have simuldraineous events. Should help avoid this problem.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
A ball trough really should be created in most of the tables that can have simuldraineous events. Should help avoid this problem.

It does not happen too often, but it does seem to occur when 2 or more balls quickly drain. Wondering if nudging the table may impact the kickout eject to the ball launcher? During the ball saver time in multiball, perhaps a drained ball is not being properly sent to the launcher but the game thinks a ball should be there. I'll try avoiding any nudging at all after a ball drains during multiball play, and only nudge when the balls are in play.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
Is it normal that on Safe Cracker the bumpers and slingshots stay active after game over? Even if that's normal, they make no sound in that moment.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Apparently "broken when starting a game" for Champion Pub means "crashes TPA completely." Both DX9 and DX11 versions. Consistently; tried several times.

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
I have mine also in a cab and all the tables still start out with the "cursor" on the Start button. Just like it always has.

However I haven't earned any magic tokens in Safecracker yet to see if that's the issue. Have you earned any magic tokens/credits in Safecracker like he mentioned?

Apparently my issue only applies to portrait view (https://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/discussions/0/535151589893200963/). The new assault on the vault button is effect in all tables. The cursor starts on a null/hidden selection until I move left or right. Odd it effected all tables... would think the button would be isolated to just the new table. Hoping this will be an easy fix for Mike!

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts