What are your most-wanted tables?

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
High Speed
High Speed
High Speed
High Speed
And Grand Slam since it was the first pin I ever owned (and a lot of fun).

Did I mention High Speed?

profitofdoom

Aug 3, 2012
1. Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure - I would never leave the house again.
2. Star Trek (Data East) was is dubbed "25th Anniversary"?
3. Fish Tales
4. Lethal Weapon 3
5. RoboCop (Data East) only ever seen this once in the wild, long ago in the little arcade at the end of Blackpool North Pier. Sniff.

Keep on flipping my brothers.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
#1 The Addams Family
possible the biggest most popular table of most all real life pinball competitions expos and pinball seminars. (yes pinball seminars are actually held) Although IPDB lists adams family as #4 it is regarded by allot to be the #1 table. If you go to ANY pinball museum you will see this table.

#2 Elvira Scarred Stiff
"Elvira has the features that turn players on." that's the marketing slogan, pretty genius marketing ha. This is my 2nd favorite table over at the Silverball pinball museum in Asbury Park NJ, I mostly play this during my visits there becouse addams family has to many people all over it.

#3 Elvira and the party monsters
To be honest I have never played or seen this table in real life. I just really love Elvira and would like a chance to play it. Also completion anxiety will make me want this even more if scarred stiff is released.

#4 Freddy: a Nightmare on Elm Street
rated #119 on ipdb. This table reminds me of funhouse only with a freddy head (although the flayfeild is a totally differnt game). Let me just blurt this out... I love Freddy! kind of obsessivly. In fact I own 3 different freddy gloves, 1 is plastic 2 of them are from razorgloves.com and they are very real. The thing that sucks about this table is you will most likely never find one that has all 4 blades on the glove that is on the playfeild. The reason for this is a very rare shot can bounce the ball and smack them into the fragile blades snapping them off.

#5 Ninja Turtles
Okay so TMNT is a bit older and does not have any of those cool animations... but it's freaking ninja turtles man! This year the ninja turtles licence is being sold all over to all kinds of companies. When nickalodeon bought the rights to tmnt for 50mill they decided to get some of their money back quickly they could licence it off to as many companies as possible, that's why right now you can see a boom in ninja turtles merch all over the place.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The IPDB table rankings are actually just user rating aggregates. I'm sure every game in that top ten is considered #1 by many, many fans.
I joined Pinside, and rated a few tables. The way the rankings work is you rate each individual aspect of the table, among them layout, rules, sound, artwork (in three areas), and even light displays and DMD animations. Some areas carry more weight than others, but they average them out and that's how you get your final score. To be the top, a table must excel in all areas. Hardcore fans also tend to join Pinside and rate tables the most, hence this is why TZ ranks so high, while it was never popular with the general public like TAF was.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Better dead than Dredd.

I wanna see some Judge Dredd. I used to flirt with the cashier at a carwash that had this machine on a semi-weekly basis.

*My GF just nudged me. * Don't tilt me, Babe*
*Nudged again*

oska

Aug 6, 2012
Purely for nostalgia, these are the ones that were generally found around bars when travelling in France when I was growing up. My dad and I would go on missions to hunt down the nearest bar where we were staying. Was a mega bonus if you found a hotel with a a bar and pinball.

F-14 Tomcat
Fire
Taxi
Haunted House
Comet

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
High Speed
High Speed
High Speed
High Speed
And Grand Slam since it was the first pin I ever owned (and a lot of fun).

Did I mention High Speed?
We're gonna get along juuuuust fine. I've never played it, but it looks *amazing*. And I'm a massive Ritchie fan (specifically Steve, but also Mark).

Also, more alpha-numeric games, less DMDs. Thanks.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
A shorter, more personal version of the list from my separate thread:

WILLIAMS
- Skylab [1974]
- Grand Lizard [1986]
- Swords of Fury [1988]
- Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure [1993]
- White Water [1993]

BALLY
- Fathom [1980]
- Xenon [1980]
- Transporter the Rescue [1989]
- Atlantis [1989]
- Party Zone [1991]
- The Addams Family [1992]
- WHO dunnit [1995]
- Scared Stiff [1996]

GOTTLIEB
- Buck Rogers [1980]
- Asteroid Annie and the Aliens [1980]
- Haunted House [1982]
- Krull [1983]
- Arena [1987]
- Stargate [1995]

STERN
- Galaxy [1980]
- Flight 2000 [1980]
- Catacomb [1981]
- Sharkey's Shootout [2000]

DATA EAST
- Phantom of the Opera [1990]
- Jurassic Park [1993]
- Tales from the Crypt [1993]

SEGA
- Mary Shelley's Frankenstein [1995]
- The X-Files [1997]

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
As a collector, I typically don't pay much attention to digital download-only video games, and while I love pinball in real life, I usually find digitally-realized tables to be too far removed from the actual arcade experience. The Pinball Arcade has managed to overcome both of these major hang-ups with its quality gameplay and historically significant long-term vision. I hope FarSight makes some considerable profits on the venture, since they could keep this going for five years or more, with more than 100 tables, and I would never get tired of it.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
I would like to see Gottlieb's JAMES BOND 007 table, or any other related Bond theme! With this being the 50th anniversary of Bond, I think the table would do great on the Pinball Arcade.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Xenon. Bally 1980.

Historically Significant table, first to feature female voice (and it sounds GOOD, Bally was ahead of the game), great music and sound effects too. Perfect representation of that era for Bally, many Bally games lift sound effects and have a similar artisitic style all lifted from Xenon basically. Table has a ramp, multiball, drop targets, bumpers.. it's a very well rounded and fun game.

Also would be relatively cheap and easy to do. I see mint condition Xenons going for around a grand on Ebay atm, and there's no fancy movie license to worry about.

I'm really making a a case for Xenon. It was so far ahead of other games at the time in many ways. Compare the sound effects and music in this to other tables from the era, it's no contest. Plus you have early 80's Gotlieb, Early 80's Williams, I can't think of a better early 80's table to represent Bally.

Video of gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYnEftF1oL0&feature=related Making of video (must watch for pinball fans IMO): http://www.sevwave.com/early_ciani/ciani_xenon.html

I'd also like to see Adams Family and Dr. Who.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Xenon. Bally 1980.

Historically Significant table, first to feature female voice (and it sounds GOOD, Bally was ahead of the game), great music and sound effects too. Perfect representation of that era for Bally, many Bally games lift sound effects and have a similar artisitic style all lifted from Xenon basically. Table has a ramp, multiball, drop targets, bumpers.. it's a very well rounded and fun game.

Also would be relatively cheap and easy to do. I see mint condition Xenons going for around a grand on Ebay atm, and there's no fancy movie license to worry about.

I'm really making a a case for Xenon. It was so far ahead of other games at the time in many ways. Compare the sound effects and music in this to other tables from the era, it's no contest. Plus you have early 80's Gotlieb, Early 80's Williams, I can't think of a better early 80's table to represent Bally.

Video of gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYnEftF1oL0&feature=related Making of video (must watch for pinball fans IMO): http://www.sevwave.com/early_ciani/ciani_xenon.html

I'd also like to see Adams Family and Dr. Who.

Xenon is also among my most wanted, second only to Swords of Fury and just ahead of Haunted House. If I could get those three, I would truly be content with any other decisions made on future tables.

I assume that FarSight's recent licensing comments were alluding to the pursuit of The Addams Family and Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure as their next major ventures, and I wouldn't be surprised if Simpsons Pinball Party was next from Stern (even if I would prefer some Old Stern classics like Galaxy or Catacomb first). I don't really care what FS decides to do about a majority of Data East or Sega tables, though Jurassic Park, Phantom of the Opera, Tales from the Crypt, and Starship Troopers would certainly be nice additions. And I have a feeling that White Water and The Getaway: High Speed II will eventually make the cut without additional campaigning from us.

Also, seeing "for years to come" at the end of the Steam promo vid makes me think that FS may, indeed, shoot for 100 of the best tables. If they manage to knock most of the big-name licenses out in the first 1.5 years, it wouldn't be difficult to keep going for that long. Four starting tables, plus 24 added each year for 4 total years equals a hundred, yo!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.