What have you been playing? (Besides pinball)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Anyone play Monument Valley on ios? I dig artsy puzzle games and was interested. It's four bucks and, I've read, very short so I may wait for a sale.

It's excellent, and worth the $4. They aren't going to put it on sale, as they believe it's worth the $4 (I had a conversation with them before the release, and that was their attitude - can't see it changing after doing so well at that price).

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
PS Vita Deception IV : Blood Ties (also on PS3) , this game (TRAPT on PS2) has been around for 15 years and is a lesser known game from the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive developers at Tecmo . If you have a game conscience , steer clear of this game , as you will be called to join forces with evil and lay sadistic traps for hero NPCs who venture forth to slay you . With traps ranging from banana peels and Iron Maidens , to the limbs of the very devil himself that come out to kick , punch , and smack the tar out of your pursuers , the challenge is to come up with wicked combos and survive .

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I've been playing the heck out of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on the PS4. Incredible game, one of the best I've ever played. Amazing depth, detail, and breadth. I am almost done, however. After I'm finished, I'll probably go back to finishing Batman: Arkham Asylum on the PS3. Maybe try and finish Castle of Illusion on the PS3 as well.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Dead Nation on Vita.

You gotta love a good zombie shooter, and I've been waiting for it for a long time! Now if they'd hutty up and get GoW 1 and 2 out on Vita.....

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Xbox 360
Dark Souls II
Brothers

PS3
The Last of Us
Grand Theft Auto V

PC
WSOP: Full House Pro
Beat Hazard
Antichamber

Android
Plague Inc
Candy Crush :-\
R-Type II
Swordigo

Tabletop
Cards Against Humanity
Animal Upon Animal :p
Wits & Wagers

I just started playing the Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff app.

Never heard of that one. Thought you were gonna say Back to the Multiverse. Still haven't gotten around to playing my copy. Not a fan of the game, but my evidently my 4-year-old niece was adamant when let loose in the store to choose her own Christmas gifts, which amuses me and makes it special. Besides, some her other relatives didn't fare nearly so well. My college-aged sister got a My Little Pony activity set.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I've been playing this fun lil app called THREES. it's a puzzle game that's based around building the highest number that you
can. I think it was only 99¢

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Dead Nation on Vita.

You gotta love a good zombie shooter, and I've been waiting for it for a long time! Now if they'd hutty up and get GoW 1 and 2 out on Vita.....

I gave that a go on the PS4 but didn't much care for it. Don't like the controls. Feels like a game that should be a true twin stick shooter (a la Robotron) but instead forces you to use a shoulder button to fire. Awkward to me. But I'll give it another shot eventually :)

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I gave Batman: Arkham Asylum another go and just don't care for it. Can't really put my finger on it other than just not liking it.

So I started playing Sleeping Dogs. Holy cow, that game is FUN. Fantastic story, great setting, super-fun combat, lots of great touches throughout the game, good missions, the whole nine yards. It's like GTA4, only done well (I hated GTA4). I just finished the story mode on Sleeping Dogs last night and will be getting a platinum on it in the next several days. Great stuff. Can't recommend it highly enough. Sure worth the $0.00 I paid for it through PS+ :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Let's see...

On PC I'm currently playing the utter time suck that is Civilization V. I really don't understand how I sit down and suddenly 3 hours have passed!

On PS3 I was playing The Last of Us, but I really wasn't having a good time with it. I think I just wanted another Uncharted. I also have been trying to use my PS+ membership, so I've sampled BioShock: Infinite, Brothers, Thomas Was Alone, Ibb & Obb, but nothing has really grabbed me. I have Payday 2 and Batman: Arkham in the wings. I also have been dying to throw in Red Dead Redemption, but I know all other game playing will cease when I do!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
There's something about Batman: Arkham Asylum's style that seems to draw the player out of the story rather than into it. Like the game is being told in part tense and the outcome has already been determined.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
PC
Zoo Tycoon 2
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Ducktales Remastered
Team Fortress 2
Sims 3 Showtime
Train Simulator 2014
Skullgirls
Mirror's Edge
Vacation Quest: Hawaiian Islands & Australia

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I bought myself Tiger Woods pga tour 14 Historic Edition on a bargain shelf. Loving it so far, but it's very sensitive. Then again, that's how it is in real life.

Also beat Castle of Illusion. Very easy but fun little game I can see myself playing again here and there. Now it's time to beat the Genesis version that came with the ps plus promotion,

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I played Sonic The Hedgehog app for iOS on my ION cabinet and really enjoyed it! I hadn't played it since 1991 and forgot tons of stuff. I was wondering if anyone knows if any Capcom or SNK fighting game on iOS work on the ION iCade cabinet? I tried Street Fighter IV Volt but couldn't get it to work.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
It's excellent, and worth the $4. They aren't going to put it on sale, as they believe it's worth the $4 (I had a conversation with them before the release, and that was their attitude - can't see it changing after doing so well at that price).

Ok Gord. I dropped the four bucks and splurged on Monument Valley. It took me about an hour or so to finish it. My thoughts? Though I would like the developer to drop us a couple extra levels as an update, I felt the money was well spent just to support this type of game. If you love games like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus or Journey (especially Journey), you owe it to yourself to try Monument Valley. It's out on ios now and coming soon to android. The levels are so G*d D@mn cool looking that I will play through it again to use the game's snapshot feature to make wallpaper for my ipad. Thanks Gord for not making me wait for the sale that probably won't come and spend some money. I will probably gift this to wife as a mother's day gift because she's cheap (ahem, I mean thrifty) like me.

Also, if you play it, PLEASE use headphones and, if legally able to do so, a little inebriation is good to. It adds to the experience.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Anyone play Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair 2 or Space Ace for iOS? I plan on buying Space Ace later today and have played Dragon's Lair a little bit and enjoyed it. I wish they would make Cliff Hanger for iOS I loved playing that at my local arcade when I was a kid.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Aside from Pinball - this!

ujyneny5.jpg

Man it's a lot of fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.