What new tables will f.s bring us in 2014??

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Would they even have to emulate anything? Surely they can get the source code from Stern.

They don't emulate the source code of the game, they emulate the chipset that interprets the source code into commands and such.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
In the expo seminar they specifically mentioned licenses with superheroes or anything Disney is unlikely. That's most of the recent Sterns.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
In the expo seminar they specifically mentioned licenses with superheroes or anything Disney is unlikely. That's most of the recent Sterns.

Not getting "Indiana Jones" is just cruel. I can live without the "Star Wars" tables cause they're only mediocre to me, but not getting "Indy" just hurts. :-(

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
They don't emulate the source code of the game, they emulate the chipset that interprets the source code into commands and such.

..which wouldn't be necessary if you had the source code to the game. The chips interpret compiled code, not the source code. Only thing that needs "emulating" are the drivers that control the game, such as light, switches, display, etc. stuff that wouldn't be any different from existing tables.

N

netizen

..which wouldn't be necessary if you had the source code to the game. The chips interpret compiled code, not the source code. Only thing that needs "emulating" are the drivers that control the game, such as light, switches, display, etc. stuff that wouldn't be any different from existing tables.

If it wouldn't be different from existing tables then why do you suppose that each system controller needs to be emulated separately?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I can't imagine what "emulating the system controller" involves other than mapping the emulated CPU's signals to the game engine and vice versa. Sure it's work, but nothing similar to emulating the workings of a CPU chip.

Jan 6, 2013
Well i just got playing haunted house and it really brings back great memories.F.S. has done a wonderful job and i thank them for making it and for letting us have it early and for Halloween. Does anybody know how many more tables will be in season 2.I am glad to see we are getting class of 1812..Now if they would just make TALES f.t.c.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
The main tables I'm hoping for in Season 3 are the remaining holes in the solid-state Williams collection. Namely:

High Speed, Black Knight 2000, F-14 Tomcat, Earthshaker, and Red & Ted's Roadshow

If we get those five, I'll be satisfied with whatever else FarSight wishes to produce. There are lots of others I'd like to see, but these are the five Kickstarter-free no-brainers that still seem like gaping holes in the collection. I'm continuing to be patient because I've been impressed with everything FarSight has done so far, and I have faith that they'll get to these five. But, yes, I'm hoping these five anchor Season 3.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
I'd love to see Comet, but Cyclone and Hurricane will most likely come before.

I hope to see Who Dunnit, Diner and Earthshaker next season.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts