What Table Next for PS3?

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
Starship Troopers, Adams Family, Xenon....when they finally release them for PS3 it will probably be my last go around with TPA (unless LotR or Metallica surface on PS3 somehow). I will NOT be repurchasing anything for PS4 either. Its been mostly fun but at times annoying dealing with TPA. At least some of the bugs were finally fixed with countless complaints and then the endlessly delayed megapatch.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
By "limitations of the system", I don't think it means about the game itself, but more the data structure.

Maybe the Vita can not handle too much patches, DLC, data additions (currently 30 table packs) and FS has to modify the data structure.

Just a guess.

Sony is known to have an awful OS regarding patching process and data managing on both PS3 and Vita. This seems to have been drastically improved on PS4.

I don't know, on other platforms the season 4 tables just have a different feel than earlier tables. It wouldn't surprise me if they were more complex.

I'm starting to feel like FS should consider not developing new tables for PS3/Vita and 360 after this season, focus on next-gen, PC, and mobile. Instead of creating new tables on the older systems, focus on fine-tuning them and really make them sparkle.

Maybe it's just me.

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Can't remember any table updates since the Super Patch which enabled this feature... Maybe we're not properly documenting bugs/issues?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Starship Troopers, Adams Family, Xenon....when they finally release them for PS3 it will probably be my last go around with TPA (unless LotR or Metallica surface on PS3 somehow). I will NOT be repurchasing anything for PS4 either. Its been mostly fun but at times annoying dealing with TPA. At least some of the bugs were finally fixed with countless complaints and then the endlessly delayed megapatch.

+1.

Something goes wrong with TPA support. FS just releases a new table each month (well, not on PS3/Vita ^^), adding nothing, fixing nothing, improving nothing. It's like they don't care anymore, but just earn cash as long as there are still buyers. Until that people get tired of the lack of support and stops buying.

On PS3, the last update that fixed/improved the game was the superpatch... which is one year old now.

Last edited:

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
I'm not going to do it but for curiosity's sake....is there a way to actually cancel the Season Pass for services not rendered?How long can Farsight drag the release?Do they have to deliver at all?Can they just take the money and run?

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I bought some of the new tables on Steam so I could play them, was tired of the delay. This one of the main reasons why I will never buy a season pass.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I'm not going to do it but for curiosity's sake....is there a way to actually cancel the Season Pass for services not rendered?How long can Farsight drag the release?Do they have to deliver at all?Can they just take the money and run?

You'd need to go through Sony as it was a Playstation Store purchase. Getting a Playstation Store refund is as good as impossible. Plus there was never any promise to timeframe, so you'll be unlikely to convince them.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012

And now you know why Apple banned season passes for unreleased content...

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Has anyone got a telephone number for them? Emails are ignored.

Actually the silence on the matter is almost more irritating than the absent tables.Yes on FB Farsight gave a tentative S4 end of April release for US PSN.But aren't the officials also floating around this site?How much does it take to drop in and explain exactly why it is taking so long?Even if that doesn't get us the tables any faster, a few friendly words wouldn't hurt.Silence seems discourteous and unprofessional to me.

And now you know why Apple banned season passes for unreleased content...

I guess so...oh well.

The Digital Man

Nov 21, 2014
Actually the silence on the matter is almost more irritating than the absent tables.Yes on FB Farsight gave a tentative S4 end of April release for US PSN.But aren't the officials also floating around this site?How much does it take to drop in and explain exactly why it is taking so long?Even if that doesn't get us the tables any faster, a few friendly words wouldn't hurt.Silence seems discourteous and unprofessional to me.

Well said.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

I guess so...oh well.

The Vita is one of the main reasons for the holdup, apparently. They're having issues with season 4 on it and need to "optimize" the game.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Without the promise that new tables come out regularely everyone would be much happier. We got now more than 50 tables and many are great. The old Hall of Fame collection just had 13. One quality release pack per year (or season) would be fine with me.

Somehow I still got the feeling that the PS3 / Vita developer is located somewhere else and not at the FS studios. Otherwise it's hard to explain the quality differences in the past and the offensive Vita releases. Or the lack of communication because often when we thought that it's Sony's fault the update hasn't been even delivered to them.

I hope we get the challenge mode. This really keeps up the motivation to play the old tables again.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I don't know the nature of the "limitations" TPA is having with the Vita, but maybe they should just drop it after Season 4. If the Vita is the reason PS3 hasn't been getting the latest tables, then maybe simply just dropping Vita (due to limitations of the platform) would allow PS3 gamers to get our dang tables already. If Vita support was dropped, maybe PS3 could continue getting tables for another season or two more reliably, and they could free up resources for the other, more current/popular platforms. Do what they can to get Season 4 completed on Vita, then end Vita support.

It just seems like the most practical thing to do at this point. Especially if it's screwing with table releases on PS3. I love my Vita, but let's face it, the Vita is considered a flop by the industry in general, it's just not supported by most devs. Best to flee the sinking ship......

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts