Where's the IOS Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Last month's tables were released on June 15th, but don't expect that to happen this month.

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
Last month's tables were released on June 15th, but don't expect that to happen this month.

how about next week? I thought I read somewhere on the forum the update was submitted to Apple? either way I'm sure all of us prefer good tables than early releases with bugs...

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Curious to know, unless your a Farsight employee or know an employee, or it's on their website/Twitter/Facebook page/announced officially on here how would anyone know if they'd been submitted or not?

Also how long does it take for them to come out once they've been submitted usually?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Apples cert has been rumored to be a week.

Some people (not me mind you) on here have direct lines to fs developers, as you can see from several threads on these forums (the Bobby King one being one).

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It usually takes a week or so for apple to approve an update after submission.

Edit: what bravelb said....didn't see your post until after :)

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
I could have sworn I read there was a Gamecenter update submitted already, then the July DLC would be submitted after. Apparently not? Either way pumped for Creature, hopefully here in a week or so.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
It was posted in the news thread that an update had already been submitted to Apple. Either they've pulled it, it's been rejected or they didn't really submit it.

An update has been submitted to Apple with Game Center support and will be released once it is approved. We are on schedule to release add-on pack #4 in mid-July.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Turbine, I've been told that there are two submissions; 1 with the Game Center update (which has been approved, and didn't include new tables) and the other with the new tables (not submitted yet).

As I've said (and others have said), the new tables are still being tested, and bugs are being worked out of them.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
As far as i know, you can only submit one Version per Program in the AppStore. So, if Apple did not approve an submitted version, it is not possible to submit an other version until the first was approved and is available to the Users. However, you can pull the plug, an replace the submitted version with a new version. But this restarts the approval process...

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Doesnt matter right now, its not like they are waiting for the gamecenter update to appear so they can put the other one through. As Gord says, the tables are still in testing.

MJFox

May 18, 2012
does the gamecenter update wipe all the highscores or do they get transferred?

Greetings

MJFox

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I disabled Gamecentre for a long time and only reactivated it when I saw pinball arcade was going to support it. In the interrum I had bought several games with Gamecentre support and they all automatically registered scores, so hopefully that will be the case here.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
I disabled Gamecentre for a long time and only reactivated it when I saw pinball arcade was going to support it. In the interrum I had bought several games with Gamecentre support and they all automatically registered scores, so hopefully that will be the case here.

It must depend on how it does it. Some games like Infinity Gene did not have game centre, and when it was added to those games, any achievements and scores did not transfer across for me, though I could still see those scores within the game. So it will be interesting where it sits.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
It's a fair point. In the case I was citing those games already supported it. I expect it will be down to whether or not it can be coded to hoover up the current crop of high scores recorded locally. I can't see why not. At that point I'll gladly drop the Facebook link as their shenanigans leave me wanting to limit my use of it to sharing family photos.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I went out on the piss with my mate on Saturday, and briefly considered buying ten ciggies for the night to save me time rolling them (I normally smoke roll-ups).

In the shop I had a sudden realisation, 10 fags costs just over £4!!! 2 pinball tables on IOS costs £3.

After seeing this comparison in real world terms it made me realise just how much value TPA offers. Bugs aside I know I have had 10 times more value out of TPA than 10 smokes.

To sum it up I rolled my fags for the evening and now I have £3 set aside for CFTBL & BK. (I still smoke though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.