Where's the IOS Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nik Barbour

(my heart goes out to Nik especially).

Why me especially, this isn't a poodle owning brought about sexuality issue again is it? ;)

Don't worry 'bout me - its only a game after all. Other people are far more upset.

I'm not stalking the ios forums by the way. Its just not to pleasant in xbox forum world today, so I thought I'd see how the civilized folk conduct themselves.

N

Nik Barbour

Because you said you purchased an Xbox 360 for the express purpose of playing The Pinball Arcade on it.

It was a joke with Doped (I understood what he was saying - thanks for the answer anyway though).

As stated earlier - I'm going to try and not take up more space on this thread. - Sorry guys, I shall go and find somewhere else to be.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Actually, TPA was the main reason I got a 360. It was a pretty tough 50/50 split between 360 and PS3. At this point I didn't know the euro version of TPA hasn't even been out on PS3 yet... Thankfully there are roughly one billion brilliant games out that I haven't played as well (my last console was the PS2) and catching up has been a lot of fun.

Plus I had only played the mediocre 3DS port of PHOF on the 3DS, so playing Whirlwind, Taxi or PinBot on a big screen plus the additional Gofers has kept me quite well entertained :)

(but yeah, pretty off topic)

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I was going to say I couldn't see buying a console just to play pinball arcade, but then the only reason I bought a wii was because I saw the Gottlieb Collection in a Woolworths catalogue and then read that a Williams collection was being worked on for wii as well. Waiting 3-1/2 years for the UK version to get published after the US release has instilled such a degree of zen-like patience in me that I could wait quite a long time for the next iOS update without any effort at all.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Yeah, there´s always this one game that makes you buy a console, and I can´t think of a single gaming platform that didn´t have at least enough other games to make buying it worthwhile.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I know the next 2 tables are CFTBL and BK, but does anyone know what bugs are going to be addressed in the next update?

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
I know the next 2 tables are CFTBL and BK, but does anyone know what bugs are going to be addressed in the next update?

I was considering making a thread regarding this same question.

The MM flipper gap, CV outlanes, BOP scoring, Funhouse music overlapping, BETTER be fixed in the next update. MM has been broken since day one. CV just isn't fun to play anymore, 80% of the time the pop's just shoot the ball straight down the outlane.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I was considering making a thread regarding this same question.

The MM flipper gap, CV outlanes, BOP scoring, Funhouse music overlapping, BETTER be fixed in the next update. MM has been broken since day one. CV just isn't fun to play anymore, 80% of the time the pop's just shoot the ball straight down the outlane.

What BOP scoring issue are you referring to?

The CV outlanes are actually fairly realistic in their current state. They are deadlier than the initial release, but that's because they were originally way too generous.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The CV outlanes are actually fairly realistic in their current state. They are deadlier than the initial release, but that's because they were originally way too generous.
It's been a long time since I've played a real CV, and the questionable nudging on tablets makes it hard for me to tell for certain, but my gut sense is that they are a touch too deadly right now, especially considering the artwork still shows the outlane posts in the middle position at worst. The real CV doesn't get that voracious until the posts are all the way up.

If we call the initial release position A (which had the outlanes nearly shut), and where they're at now B, I think they need to be 2/3 of the way from A to B to be at an appropriate difficulty.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's been a long time since I've played a real CV, and the questionable nudging on tablets makes it hard for me to tell for certain, but my gut sense is that they are a touch too deadly right now, especially considering the artwork still shows the outlane posts in the middle position at worst. The real CV doesn't get that voracious until the posts are all the way up.

If we call the initial release position A (which had the outlanes nearly shut), and where they're at now B, I think they need to be 2/3 of the way from A to B to be at an appropriate difficulty.

I think you're right. I said "fairly" realistic because I don't think they're as bad as some folks are making them out to be, but a bit worse than they should be.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
BTW, the update with the new tables was submitted to Apple today.

Great news! Really excited to play BK. I've never played it before, but watched some videos and it really looks different (in a good way). Feel kind of guilty getting 2 more tables soon, especially with the wait the XBox folks are dealing with. But hopefully they will be catching up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts