Where's the IOS Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I went out on the piss with my mate on Saturday, and briefly considered buying ten ciggies for the night to save me time rolling them (I normally smoke roll-ups).

In the shop I had a sudden realisation, 10 fags costs just over £4!!! 2 pinball tables on IOS costs £3.

After seeing this comparison in real world terms it made me realise just how much value TPA offers. Bugs aside I know I have had 10 times more value out of TPA than 10 smokes.

To sum it up I rolled my fags for the evening and now I have £3 set aside for CFTBL & BK. (I still smoke though).
I shudder to think what my fellow Americans who are unfamiliar with British terminology are going to think of the previous post...

Last edited:

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
I shudder to think what my fellow Americans who are unfamiliar with British terminology are going to think of the previous post...

+1
I lived there for a few years, so it made sense to me but I know there are more than a few that would be scratching their heads.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
For all you Americans unfamiliar with British terminology here goes :)

Fags = cigarettes
On the piss = gone for a few drinks (alcoholic)

I can see how bad this could look on reflection to an American :)

Just to confuse everyone some more, I'm a straight man who owns two poodles :D

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Poodles aside, I'm glad to hear the new tables are still in testing, as much as I'm dying to play CFTBL it's good to know that they are working out the bugs before release.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm an American and I got the gist. I'm also glad that I don't smoke. More pinball for me.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, same. I think most of us understand the UK lingo. It helps that I watch a lot of Top Gear :)

N

Nik Barbour

Yeah, same. I think most of us understand the UK lingo. It helps that I watch a lot of Top Gear :)

I could confuse things further, by throwing in a bit of Northern English Dialect.
Alreet = all right.
Clempt = hungry
cawd = cold
babies yed (babies head) = steamed beef pudding
slance = steal someone else's chips

And yet more even confusing ones - Beltin it is.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Did someone say Top Gear?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIn_ZgHJaE

It's even highly enjoyable to watch for someone like me with an only marginal interest in cars, rally sims aside.

And while we're off topic, Niks avatar makes me crave some Guinness, one of the greatest gifts to mankind. It's a shame it's so expensive over here.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Did someone say Top Gear?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIn_ZgHJaE

It's even highly enjoyable to watch for someone like me with an only marginal interest in cars, rally sims aside.

And while we're off topic, Niks avatar makes me crave some Guinness, one of the greatest gifts to mankind. It's a shame it's so expensive over here.

I was also out on the piss on Saturday Avo, had to pay £3.60 a pint for Guinness, as I couldn't find a cheaper pub with a big screen TV to watch the rugby in.
I don't own any poodles though!
(sorry for the off topic - i'm not even ios)

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I was also out on the piss on Saturday Avo, had to pay £3.60 a pint for Guinness, as I couldn't find a cheaper pub with a big screen TV to watch the rugby in.
I don't own any poodles though!
(sorry for the off topic - i'm not even ios)

Yeah really! Take your Guinness-drinking, poodle-hating arse back to the android forums! :D

Laurence Merraine

May 14, 2012
Xbox360 mode:On

Omg I want action, I can't believe we have to wait for our dlc, what kind of ship you running here? I have a right to information, tell me why it's taking so long....

Xbox360 mode:Off

Not being picky at anyone, haven't noticed any *****yness from the iOS crowd....

And yes, I too am waiting for the Xbox 360 version, but everyone would of *****ed if they got it out with the bugs etc. ms must have some reason to knock it back, same as what's likely happened for the iOS, there has been a delay, any we can't expect daily updates on why it's not happening.

Well done ios crowd for keeping it sensible.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I think the regular updates have kept us sweet.

On the off-topic topic I'm a yank expat living in Glasgow. I won't go into the multitude of Scottish regionalisms, but I do find it amusing that my relatives find it nearly impossible to follow Still Game and have to act the interpreter when I show it to them.

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
Well done ios crowd for keeping it sensible.

Seriously, I had to come here to seek shelter from the XBOX forum. I can't wait for the XBOX DLC but complaining about the current state of affairs isn't going to accomplish much. Is this like a pinball thing or something? Do these people spend hours on Wendy's discussion boards because they're upset about the amount of bacon on their bacon double cheeseburger? (Which costs about the same amount as a DLC pack oddly enough!)

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Seriously, I had to come here to seek shelter from the XBOX forum. I can't wait for the XBOX DLC but complaining about the current state of affairs isn't going to accomplish much. Is this like a pinball thing or something? Do these people spend hours on Wendy's discussion boards because they're upset about the amount of bacon on their bacon double cheeseburger? (Which costs about the same amount as a DLC pack oddly enough!)

Hence my earlier comparison to 10 fags (cigarettes) :)

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Being an IOS & Xbox owner I do think it makes it easier for me, I can see why Xbox only users are pissed off (my heart goes out to Nik especially). I only tend to play TPA on my IPad at the pub while being unsociable, but at home I prefer a real controller and my small 26" TV, which is still bigger than a tablet or phone.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Yeah, same here. I'm still looking forward to play the TPA tables that I already played on my iPad on my 360, especially because the controls are better, as well as the light atmosphere, but I'm really happy to get completely new tables once in a while, Creature in this case.

And yes, it's quite easy to fall into this waiting freeze, where you check the forum all the time to see if the DLC is finally out (same with the app store). I keep reminding that I still have a ton of potential playtime left on the existing tables, I haven't really played MB much for instance, and I've just started to get the hang of CV (damn those new outlane posts, though!).

Holding your breath till your blue in the face isn't making the wait any easier, so we might as well play some more pinball ;)

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
What I think everyone has lost sight of over there is that it's not like the four core tables have game-breaking issues (besides the occasional RBION missing pinball problem). It's not like PC, which has nothing, or the Vita, which apparently is looking pretty hideous right now.

Also, if they really wanted they could just leave and come back in six months when the bugs are sorted and DLC is available, if they don't feel like dealing with it now. That's what I did with Skyrim when I encountered game-breaking bugs right away. Things aren't 100% yet, but I can play the game for more than 5 minutes at a time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.