Zaccaria Pinball - PC Steam beta

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
On the iOS app it's under graphics / glass reflection. Not sure if it's the same on Steam app (I can't test right now as I'm outta town).

That worked perfectly. Thanks for your help, Ben, I really appreciate it. Now I can really enjoy what these Zaccaria tables have to offer. Can't get enough of those spinners. :D

ccl78

Oct 29, 2012
[MENTION=2322]Zsolt[/MENTION]: I also had the "Flippers stuck in up position" problem - this is fixed now, thanks. But I still can't get my gamepad to work. It's an old Logitech wireless and natively supports only DirectInput. For games using XInput I use a tool called x360ce (emulating an 360 controller) and this usually works (ZEN, PinballArcade, ProPinball). But unfortunately not with Zaccaria. I guess you guys are using XInput, too. So I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
That worked perfectly. Thanks for your help, Ben, I really appreciate it. Now I can really enjoy what these Zaccaria tables have to offer. Can't get enough of those spinners. :D

Just got my retro-hands on this one. Overall, it is very well put together with outstanding customization options. Wish there was more than just one multiball table in the collection, but it's still addicting. Guess I'm just spoiled by modern games where multiball is the rule.

A tremendous collection worth every penny of the gold membership, IMO.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Latest update fixed my stuck flippers problem. Awesome.

However, I'm getting a lot of stutter with the latest build. I have a decent graphics card: GTX750ti. I've dailed down all the visual enhancement settings, but still experience ball stutter. Anyone getting totally smooth gameplay?

ccl78

Oct 29, 2012
Latest update fixed my stuck flippers problem. Awesome.

However, I'm getting a lot of stutter with the latest build. I have a decent graphics card: GTX750ti. I've dailed down all the visual enhancement settings, but still experience ball stutter. Anyone getting totally smooth gameplay?

I had the ball stutter, too. Switching V-Sync to OFF solved it for me.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Playing in landscape I have no issues and my fps averages around 340 (still plays nowhere as smoothly as TPA at 60 FPS so not sure how accurate this reading is using steam). However when I try to play in portrait as soon as I launch the game it freaks out. The screen flickers rapidly and very intensely. FPS fluctuates between 10 and 20. It is extremely hard to look at the screen and it takes an effort to get the game to quit. I have a GTX950 graphics card that plays TPA in DX11 and portrait mode flawlessly. Not sure if this is a bug in the game or compatability issue with the game and my graphics card. Anyone else having issues in portrait?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Do we know how long the discounted price for the Gold pack will last for? Or is that just a saving compared to buying the tables individually?

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Those who pledged $25 (or more) on the IndieGoGo campaign got the Gold pack. And the normal price will be $38. Pretty good bet the tables will be over 2 dollars apiece.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Those who pledged $25 (or more) on the IndieGoGo campaign got the Gold pack. And the normal price will be $38. Pretty good bet the tables will be over 2 dollars apiece.
Ah. That's the price I'm seeing on the Steam page now, so the "50% off" price isn't a special sale, it's just the bundle pack.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I had the ball stutter, too. Switching V-Sync to OFF solved it for me.

Thanks, ccl78. This improved performance a lot.

One problem I'm still having with XPadder mapped controller: I can't hold both flippers in up position. For example-- if left flipper is up and I try to hold right flipper up simultaneously, the left flipper is "cancelled" by the action and goes down, even though I'm still holding the left flipper button. On keyboard this doesn't happen - just when I map keyboard values to my controller with XPadder.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
what an improvement from when we first got it.well done everyone !!!for these 38 tables I would`ve payed heaps more.BARGAIN OF THE YEAR !!!!:cool:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Purchased the Gold pack at the weekend and would just like to say thank you and congratulations to all involved with the PC version of Zaccaria Pinball.

The tables are beautifully rendered and play very well. I think someone mentioned the slings being a tad over sensitive, which I tend to agree with, as sometimes the ball seems to constantly bounce between them for too long, imo.

Zolt, would it be possible to increase the geometry and detail of the flippers, ball and plunger? I see these are quite low poly, perhaps as a tech limitation for mobile platforms. It would be nice to see these improved for the PC version.

Great work and thanks again :)

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
You can adjust the strength of the slingshots in the menu.

You can, but as I said, I think they are too sensitive not too strong. I've tried setting them down to 10 or 20% but still see the ball playing ping-pong on them a dozen times, resulting in having to consistently nudge just to get the ball back in play.

Anyway, back to my main point...

Zolt, how about the improved detail/polys on the flippers, ball and plunger? Is that something that would be possible for the PC version?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Sorry Zolt, I know I'm really nitpicking now but is there any chance some of the lower resolution backglasses might be updated with higher res versions?

Some of them don't look at their best next to those lovely high res playfields you have! :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Sorry Zolt, I know I'm really nitpicking now but is there any chance some of the lower resolution backglasses might be updated with higher res versions?

Some of them don't look at their best next to those lovely high res playfields you have! :)

Agree would love you see more Poly's on the flippers, balls, etc. Plus higher res backgkasses.

By the way there is a new update earlier:
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791454809603/announcements/detail/899973273572794564

Looks like extended camera options added. Not able to try yet, but what an awesome team to add so quickly. :cool:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Got a bug on the Combat table: any decent shot that reaches the top of the table gets caught behind that railing:
14327CFAD4701DF9F0AE9B1B398030A24FA70015

And calling the attendant forfeits the ball. If it's the 3rd ball and you call the attendant , then the game ends.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Anyone having any success getting a better top-down portrait camera view suitable for a cab, since the introduction of the Extended View option?

It still seems to limit the amount of zooming out that can be done, and table angle. To be honest I am a bit confused though as to what each slider does, because on mobile you needed to select the top and bottom view via a check box but that is not the on PC.

Extended view since to have an opposite effect in portrait static mode. It seems to be more zoomed in rather than less. Maybe the answer is to allow us to zoom more outwards?

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zolt, would it be possible to increase the geometry and detail of the flippers, ball and plunger? I see these are quite low poly, perhaps as a tech limitation for mobile platforms. It would be nice to see these improved for the PC version.
Yes, it would. It is planned to make them more detailed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.