Zaccaria Pinball - update v1.7

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Don't adjust any of the physics settings and play with the default settings and the tables will be much harder. I played on my friends ipad that had the tweaked physics settings and I found all the tables were too easy. I play on default settings and don't nudge and find the tables are much more difficult to do well in than TPA with the default settings enabled.

Which default settings?

If you want difficult, may I suggest changing Playfield Tilt to 8 and Flipper Force to 4? Feel free to set the others however you like. :)

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
No thanks. I like the standard settings that have not been changed one bit. I just downloaded the game and started playing. I don't touch many of the settings except changing from 3 to 5 ball once in a while and changing from the clean, and dirty tables here and there. Oh and night time and day time mode. I do adjust that every once in a while too.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
on default settings the tables become drain monsters as i cant catch the swipe nudge fast enough especially in the outlanes. I had to tame it down a bit to try to give myself a shot at nudging im trying to nudge and work the flippers at same time and something my thumb sticks to the touch screen and a nudge results in missing the flipper . once in a while if i feel like having my butt whipped i put it on arcade setting and take the beating.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I change my mind. After reading through the thread with members showing their physics settings I had to try some. Robot is much more fun now. Count me in as converted now. :) The ball drain is still bad on any physics setting in Robot, but not nearly as bad. Man that table likes to gutter balls and also throw them into the out lanes. LOL Bad Robot...Bad! :D Thanks for the tips on physic settings guys. You were right...I was wrong. There...I said it. ;)

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Hey now, there's no right or wrong - it's all about making the game more fun!

If easy|stock|hard settings fit your playing style|ability|preferences, then those settings are right for you - that's why the physics thread exists, to tell others what works for us in the hope that it may work for someone else.

If you tweak something to make it better, post it there!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I go back and forth between simulation and custom physics. With custom settings my goal isn't really to make the table easier. Its more an effort to make them play like what I see in videos of the same tables online. To me it looks like the real tables are generally not slanted as much as the default settings in the game. The ball seems to roll from top to bottom more slowly under its own momentum in vids I see than in the videogame. The real tables seem to have slightly livelier bumpers and so forth...

But as a general rule, these Zaccaria tables are much more difficult than the average TPA table. Games tend to be much shorter...

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Lets just say that the Robot table doesn't chew me to pieces anymore. That is a serious plus. It's without a doubt the hardest table I have ever played on my Ipad. That is until the settings got changed for the better. Anyways...I am on board now. I see the light. :) Thanks again for the tips. Now If I can see that darned robot at some point.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I go back and forth between simulation and custom physics. With custom settings my goal isn't really to make the table easier. Its more an effort to make them play like what I see in videos of the same tables online. To me it looks like the real tables are generally not slanted as much as the default settings in the game. The ball seems to roll from top to bottom more slowly under its own momentum in vids I see than in the videogame. The real tables seem to have slightly livelier bumpers and so forth...

But as a general rule, these Zaccaria tables are much more difficult than the average TPA table. Games tend to be much shorter...

I agree. I played a number of them back in the day when they were in the arcades and they were always harder tables with much faster games than the other manufacturer's. You could practically hear the machine speak. It said..."Give me that quarter you punk"! LOL

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I agree. I played a number of them back in the day when they were in the arcades and they were always harder tables with much faster games than the other manufacturer's. You could practically hear the machine speak. It said..."Give me that quarter you punk"! LOL
30 years ago there were a couple tables in the old bus station down town . i think they were both Zaccaria tables. One of them may have been locomotion but my memory is fuzzy on this. I do remember is eating my quarter and one two three outlanes and flipper gap. However in 1984 Time Machine came to the dream machine arcade at the mall and it was 5 balls per game. I did pretty good on that one i remember getting the bumpers down in the past which would stop the clock if you were on game time bonus until you went back into the future and bumpers came back up. Its not on the ask homework version as i guess you need the original ROM emulation.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Downloaded the update, but it won't let me purchase the table. Did they change something? It's an odd marketing strategy....

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Very strange. I hit apps on my ipad and then hit update and there it was. Downloading it now. Hopefully it works. Strange that it did not say I had an update ready to load on.

Update. It works and is a beautiful looking and sounding table. Just played a game with the Smashing Pumpkins song 1979 playing. Awesome table! Well gotta go play another dozen games of it. Happy gaming.

Last edited:

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Got the update, got the new table no problem; I'm a Gold guy so didn't have to buy anything, it was just there.

New table = very easy. New nudge mechanics/look = very easy. Haven't figured out how to get an EB yet, but as long as you keep the ball away from the outlanes, there's practically no draining.

Last edited:

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
I update and can NOT purchase the new table , I tap there and nothing happen ! I'll try to remove the app and dowload it again to see if works , I'm double bronze member ..

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I update and can NOT purchase the new table , I tap there and nothing happen ! I'll try to remove the app and dowload it again to see if works , I'm double bronze member ..

That's what's happening to me to. The screen goes a little dark, like it does when the popup to enter you password comes up, but the box doesn't show. You would think if they were going to quality control one thing, it would be that people can actually buy your game.

Vinc3Has3

May 11, 2013
Playing the new table! Liking the new table - sadly though, the extra time accumulates on the third ball, but doesn't actually let you play the bonus time! At least, that's what's happening for me. Game over after third ball no matter what (im playing three ball mode). This is NOT stopping me from playing the new table, especially to checkout it's features - but it does put a bit of a damper on it. I like that bonus time...

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
We haven't experienced that in-app doesn't work when we were testing it. We will investigate this issue as soon as possible.
We have checked it and iTunes page says that in-app has been approved. We think this is a iTunes issue because it works very strangely nowadays.

Anyway sorry for your inconvenience!

Last edited:

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
Great work Zsolt! Love the new table, it has a real classic late 70s layout. Unfortunately I have the same issue with game ending on the 5th ball and not giving any bonus time :(
Also there needs to be a way to turn off this touch nudging because it wrecks my game play. I really hate it.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Playing the new table! Liking the new table - sadly though, the extra time accumulates on the third ball, but doesn't actually let you play the bonus time! At least, that's what's happening for me. Game over after third ball no matter what (im playing three ball mode). This is NOT stopping me from playing the new table, especially to checkout it's features - but it does put a bit of a damper on it. I like that bonus time...

I don't think that Shooting the Rapids has the game-bonus-time feature, it's an older table. Just like Hot Wheels.

I like the new table, old school. It plays nice. I have to get used to the new nudging, it works much better, but when I play the game it nudges even if I don't want to.
-Why not the chrome-look around the table glass like in Black Belt?
Game Time Bonus font size is much better!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts