Zaccaria Pinball - update v1.7

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I can't buy the new table.
Bronze Member, iPad 1.

-But the silver membership in-app would work, when I hit the buy button, a confirmation dialog appears.

After trying to buy the new table 100x it finally worked, but the price was 1.79€, so it seems to be not part of the back-to-school sale.

Vinc3Has3

May 11, 2013
I noticed that the flipper size for Arcade is longer, Simulation is shorter (as expected) - but Custom flippers are also longer? I've checked multiple tables. Shouldn't Custom mode have the shorter, Advanced flipper size? Perhaps this has been mentioned elswhere - but I just noticed while tinkering with the new table.

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
the new table it's already possible to download ! ...just like that ...I think it's something to do with the apple store ..

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
I noticed that the flipper size for Arcade is longer, Simulation is shorter (as expected) - but Custom flippers are also longer? I've checked multiple tables. Shouldn't Custom mode have the shorter, Advanced flipper size? Perhaps this has been mentioned elswhere - but I just noticed while tinkering with the new table.

When running Custom mode you have the option (under Physics) of changing Flipper Gap between Original (same as Arcade) and Light (same as Simulation).

Vinc3Has3

May 11, 2013
Zsolt, just want to point out that the updated menu is very nice: swiping to each page, or using the arrows. And the arrows flashing to show the available directions is a cool touch. A small thing, to be sure, but little details are always appreciated!

Vinc3Has3

May 11, 2013
So, someone on Facebook complained about the vertical depth of the pinball cabinet for Shooting The Rapids. Indeed, the play-field sits deeper in the virtual machine than pictures of the actual machine, I assume because Zsolt uses a base foundational template to start each machine. Frankly, I don't care about the depth, as long as the play-field itself is true, I'm very happy.

Investigating this made me notice something about Zaccaria machines in general - call me slow, but I never noticed that they adopted a design where the ball is shot out over the play-field, instead of a traditional lane on the right, level to the play-field. This gives you a little more openness for the design of the machine. Shooting The Rapids, being an earlier design, uses the traditional entry lane, level to the play-field. Same for Hot Wheels.

No, really, go ahead and call me slow. I can take it...

And, this makes the extra depth on this machine understandable, as Zsolt & team's "template" has the room for the higher entry-lane. Once again, I don't care about the depth - it's just an observation, and for me, a little-bit of a revelation... =)

Last edited:

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I noted this bug earlier, but am reporting it again as it also happens on Shooting the Rapids.

After finishing a game of either Devil Riders or Shooting the Rapids, I see that my score appears on Game Center as expected. Check again a couple of hours later and it's gone. It doesn't matter if I get the #1 score or something lower, this disappearing score behavior still occurs.

?

I have this problem with 'Shooting the Rapids'. I had 5 different scores registered, they also showed up in the Game Center app, but after a short time they disappeared as if they were deleted. This happens only on 'Shooting the Rapids', I had a few scores listed on other tables(locomotion #2, time machine#1) in the meantime. Weird.

I first thought ASK may have set a score range for the leaderboard of Shooting the Rapids, but my intentionally below 1000000 score @#2 also disappeared after an hour or so.
Maybe I'm banned from the leaderboard or something, my highest score on StR was around 2.000.000.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
tripleponq, try kicking butt on Devil Riders and see if your score sticks there. My 14M score disappeared and now any score I post goes away after a couple of hours.

My very first game of STR was ~3M, which was more than five times the #2 GC score at the time. Perhaps once your score exceeds some predetermined value you're disqualified from posting further GC scores on that table?

P.S. - Good job on Time Machine; I'll have to revisit that table one of these days when I'm bored. :p

Last edited:

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Man. I can't keep a ball alive more than about 30 seconds on STR. I don't find any of the Zaccaria tables easy. STR seems to send balls down the side drains constantly and I just can't get the hang of nudging in this game. It feels backwards to me.

I'm sorta diss-appointed by this update. I like STR a lot, but I have a real pet peeve about updates that break existing content. It's great to get a new table, but it's not so great if the cost is breaking an older table that was working...

night

May 18, 2012
Man. I can't keep a ball alive more than about 30 seconds on STR. I don't find any of the Zaccaria tables easy. STR seems to send balls down the side drains constantly and I just can't get the hang of nudging in this game. It feels backwards to me.

I'm sorta diss-appointed by this update. I like STR a lot, but I have a real pet peeve about updates that break existing content. It's great to get a new table, but it's not so great if the cost is breaking an older table that was working...

Zaccaria tables are bloody hard, I'll give you that. The thing is, I keep coming back to Zaccaria is because it's so hard! I get bored quickly with most TPA games. I am struggling with the new nudging as well, every time I use the flippers the table shakes. But I do like STR a lot, I can't say things are going backwards. But the nudging.. it's kinda hard to get grip on it, I think it needs some more adjustment, now it's so overly sensitive.

night

May 18, 2012
This has happend twice so far, the ball goes all over the left ramp and sits there. I can nudge it off.

image.jpg

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
I have this problem with 'Shooting the Rapids'. I had 5 different scores registered, they also showed up in the Game Center app, but after a short time they disappeared as if they were deleted. This happens only on 'Shooting the Rapids', I had a few scores listed on other tables(locomotion #2, time machine#1) in the meantime. Weird.

I first thought ASK may have set a score range for the leaderboard of Shooting the Rapids, but my intentionally below 1000000 score @#2 also disappeared after an hour or so.
Maybe I'm banned from the leaderboard or something, my highest score on StR was around 2.000.000.

Same issue here. :(

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
About Game Center issue:

We think this issue isn't at our side because we use the same functions of Game Center calling for all the tables. We have also experienced that our score had been disappeared, but it reappears again after a while. We just send a score to Game Center by functions and Game Center processes it. The point is Game Center is as unstable nowadays as iTunes and App Store are. You could also see that the latest iap (Shooting the Rapids table) hasn't been available for a while after the update and than fixed by itself on a magic way after a day.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts