Zen Studio’s The Pinball Show - September 2022 : reactions and feedback

Grant

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2022
A new Pinball Show arrives later today - use this thread for reactions and feedback (or what announcements you’d like)

Attachments

• 215B120B-E00B-4C3F-AB8A-97B816AB7997.png
    215B120B-E00B-4C3F-AB8A-97B816AB7997.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Grant

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2022
I think we’re all might be thinking that World Cup Soccer may be announced?

Grant

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2022
Nothing about World Cup, but here are the main things:

New Feature coming to Pinball FX - Pro Mode

New Feature coming to Pinball FX - Pro Mode

In today's Pinball Show, Deep talked about a much-requested new feature for Pinball FX: Pro Mode. Features of Pro-Mode: There is a higher playfield angle, so the ball is faster the outline gaps are wider, so the ball drains easier where it is available, the game rules are set to very hard All...
Changes coming to Zen's Pinball Pass

Changes coming to Zen's Pinball Pass

Zen Studio's Pinball Pass is a monthly or yearly payment option that lets you access most of the Pinball FX library and many additional features. From today, the company have made the pass an in-game item that can be purchased with Pinball FX tickets. It won't be a recurring transaction so...
12 Remastered Star Wars Pinball Tables to arrive on Pinball FX

12 Remastered Star Wars Pinball Tables to arrive on Pinball FX

Zen Studios are adding 12 remastered Star Wars tables to its Pinball FX game, which is currently available on Epic Games as Early Access. This brings all the Star Wars tables to Pinball FX. The remastered tables are: Return of the Jedi Star Fighter Assaullt Darth Vader Star Wars Rebels Rogue...

And what we're all waiting for

My Little Pony pinball comes to Pinball FX

My Little Pony pinball comes to Pinball FX

Zen Studio's have announced that My Little Pony pinball is coming to Pinball FX. Visit Twilight Sparkle and her friends as they begin preparations for the largest party Equestria has ever seen! Play everypony's mane mode to start the Wizard Mode, and lock balls into the Tree of Harmony for a...

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I’ll have to give the Pro Mode a test tonight. I’ve basically only been playing PFX3’s tournament mode with the Williams collection tables. I greatly prefer a shorter duration game with a much higher challenge.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Have they just given up on mobile at this point? It's frustrating, as I have almost all the tables available in the Zen Pinball iOS app (just need 8-ish Marvel tables). They don't even update that one anymore.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Have they just given up on mobile at this point? It's frustrating, as I have almost all the tables available in the Zen Pinball iOS app (just need 8-ish Marvel tables). They don't even update that one anymore.

Mobile uses the PX engine (in-house), and all the new post Indiana Jones/Williams Volume 6 use Unreal Engine.

They have plans for mobile for sure, but the only UE4 pinball game out is on Apple Arcade.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
What the hell are they saying about console releases, ffs
Mel on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PinballFX3/comments/y33yvd/_/is6ghlw
"We are working on optimizations still, and there will be some big gains once we are done with console versions, so the min spec for PC should be coming down and hopefully your PC can run the game. Fingers crossed."

Linne on the FX DIscord server:

"We are working on console ports for a very long time now. However making the game ready for last gen consoles is a huge task, along with PS5 and the new Xboxes. We wouldn't like to release a half ready product that deteriorates the pinball experience. :/

The pinball QA team is almost 100% on the console ports"

BionicJim

Apr 2, 2014
We wouldn't like to release a half ready product that deteriorates the pinball experience. :/
That's exactly what they've done with the Early Access program. Every table I've purchased here has annoying bugs. They eventually, go away, but the polish is questionable. I don't want to beta-test, so I've stopped purchasing until they launch officially.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Does the early access on Epic count as the exclusivity before the game can be sold on other platforms, such as Steam? If not, and we have to wait for the official release to start the exclusivity date counter, I don't think the difference in savings with Epic is going to overcome the loss of PC revenue from disinterested Steam users. Cleary the mobile direction is the most profitable, but I wish more attention and resources could be put into the PC version.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Does the early access on Epic count as the exclusivity before the game can be sold on other platforms, such as Steam? If not, and we have to wait for the official release to start the exclusivity date counter, I don't think the difference in savings with Epic is going to overcome the loss of PC revenue from disinterested Steam users. Cleary the mobile direction is the most profitable, but I wish more attention and resources could be put into the PC version.

Hades released as Early Access on Epic for a year, then Supergiant released it on Steam under Early Access for a little while.

On Zen's earlier FAQ iteration: "Pinball FX will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC for one year, starting from the launch of Early Access in March 2022." The game released on March 31, 2022.

The clock is at 7. 5 hours (months) to go.

Members online

Members online