A VERY dangerous thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Here's my Top 5 with 1 being the highest priority.

1) Fix all remaining reported game breaking or game altering bugs.

2) Update the flipper physics to include friction on the ball rolling up the flipper and make bounce passes, drop catches, live catches, etc. possible.

3) Enhance visuals and lighting which includes replacing low res textures with high res textures, implementing G.I lighting that is controlled by the ROM and improving flasher effects to illuminate near by objects and the surrounding playfield.

4) Allow the user to set the zoom and angle of each table to their preference and save settings on a per table basis.

5) Implement a Day/Night mode slider.

Nice. This just about covers it for me :cool:

I would add:

1) Improve mechanical sound effects.
2) Add option for various HUD locations.
3) Improve UI, especially the table selection menu.
4) Improve shaders for clear plastics.

5) As Farsight's goal is to preserve these classic pinball tables, it would be nice to see more of the cabinets and table features themselves. Perhaps adding 3d tables to the menu, which can be controlled / rotated by the user? Or better still, a kind of walk-around or Autovista mode, ala Forza Motorsport?

Thanks for all the hard work. Keep it up! ;)

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Great thread Rob. My requests:

1. fix the current bugs;
2. Improve physics;
3. A reliable release schedule (announce release dates of table packs when they're fixed, not when they're submitted);
4. More play modes. (Tournament, Free play mode, shot practice)
5. eeh...... more tables? :)

Thanks again for taking the time to make this thread and listening to your fans!

titosantana

Feb 1, 2013
On the PS3

The ability to play background music from files stored on the hard drive.

I've played other games that had this feature and it's a nice customization.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
On the PS3

The ability to play background music from files stored on the hard drive.

I've played other games that had this feature and it's a nice customization.

YES x100!
I've been asking Farsight for this since 2008 though, and they just keep saying "We're looking into it".. So :(

For the record I've spoken with a PS3 developer and he
told me this feature (Home button to play music from the music folder) can be added in less than 10 minutes.

night

May 18, 2012
Just an option to switch the music off, ONLY the electronic sound fx of the ball against all the elements (and in stereo please). Most table music tunes drive me, and my cat nuts and nervous.. (Dark Knight, you can torture folks with the bleeb-bleebs).

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Two points regarding the initial entering for the table internal local high score list:
1. Please remove the CHIME that overlaps the table roms' own sounds.
2. Allow a hold-touch to scroll through letters if possible, as it is on the consoles. Entering my initials takes like 20 taps ;-)

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Two points regarding the initial entering for the table internal local high score list:
1. Please remove the CHIME that overlaps the table roms' own sounds.
2. Allow a hold-touch to scroll through letters if possible, as it is on the consoles. Entering my initials takes like 20 taps ;-)

Change your name to Alex Andreas Anderson.

SlamCitySkates

Sep 20, 2012
For the PS3:
Customisable Camera Buttons or the option to disable them during play (ie setting them up beforehand). I am endlessly accidentally pressing O with my thumb.
Can the PS3 title screen be more similar to the Android. The Android is so much smarter.
All the text screens are clunky on the PS3.
Some way to view the list of changes for each updated version. For instance, I want to know if the ball still isnt being slowed down by the right inlane on MM.
Please incorporate the ability to add more than one set of initials at a time without the second person's initials bugging out.
More reliable posting of scores to the online leaderboard. I often get sync problems
Split the online leaderboard by platform.

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
For the PS3:
Customisable Camera Buttons or the option to disable them during play (ie setting them up beforehand). I am endlessly accidentally pressing O with my thumb.

I totally agree with you there, I brought this up a long time ago:

A way to lock the camera buttons and stop them working would be nice as I'm forever hitting them by accident and having to reset them (maybe the unused SELECT button to turn lock on and off). The DMD button could also be locked with this.

Hopefully this will be implemented.

I think that bugfixes should be on the top of the todo list.

A few other little niggles/requests:

1. Why do the camera angles number keeps popping up in the bottom left corner when none of the camera buttons have been pressed, could these be hidden? (Unless a camera button is pressed)

2. On the after game score screen could there be an option to replay with the same number of players (with button X) rather than going back to the main screen and having to set the number of players again (maybe button O to go back to the main screen)

3. The DMDs are still too far over on Funhouse, Black Hole, Bride of PinBot & Big Shot (and on Black Knight why is the player number etc. at the bottom instead of under the score as on Gorgar and Black Hole)

4. Why does the table music play while entering high score initials (and please could a 'back' option be added to Big Shot's high score entry)

The newly posted Dr. Dude & Firepower table pictures have the DMDs too far over, hopefully these will be moved over before release.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It is telling that there are 7 pages of posts in this thread and Rob Mann hasn't made a post since the one to start the thread.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
What would you like him to say?
How about something like this, posted YESTERDAY instead of today:

"Guys, the Twilight Zone codes will be sent out tomorrow. We hear your complaints about not getting them ahead of time. As kickstarter supporters, you deserved better and we'll try to deliver in the future. And you are all correct - we should be using Facebook and this forum, along with e-mail, as our primary means of sharing information with you. We should not be burying it in replies to comments on the Playstation blog. It's my job as community manager to keep you guys informed and I failed on this topic."

How about something like that?

Tabe

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
How about something like this, posted YESTERDAY instead of today:

"Guys, the Twilight Zone codes will be sent out tomorrow. We hear your complaints about not getting them ahead of time. As kickstarter supporters, you deserved better and we'll try to deliver in the future. And you are all correct - we should be using Facebook and this forum, along with e-mail, as our primary means of sharing information with you. We should not be burying it in replies to comments on the Playstation blog. It's my job as community manager to keep you guys informed and I failed on this topic."

How about something like that?

Tabe

Well, although it's not exactly what you want, he did post this earlier:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3421-Codes-a-Plenty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.